寄托币
注册时间
2006-9-12
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-21 20:40:16 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Foods are one of the necessities that are of the essence to human being’s survival. In the past, food cooking is a time consuming and cumbersome task which always need hours’ time. But at present, things are entirely different, fast foods and preserved foods are prevailing, which make cooking easier to prepare. When it comes to the hectic debate about whether the changes of cooking has improved the way people live, some people hold the viewpoint that these changes has positive effects to people’s lives. As far as I concerned, I could not agree with them anymore, there many reasons why I hold confidence on my point of view, and I will explore a few ones here.
First of all, nowadays’ food preparation has help people more focused on their work and entertainment. We can accomplish our cooking in few minutes with preserved foods, and even fewer time to buy fast food. Therefore, we saved considerable time for more important things such as our jobs and entertainments. For instance, on account of the drastic competition between companies, work quality and efficiency is of exact demand, which accounts for most company’s burdensome assignments that require overtime work in order to achieve the accomplishment before the deadline. Time is highly precious for those people, cooking is impossible for them. In this case, fast foods or preserved foods help them a lot.
Moreover, thanks to the easier preparation of foods, more women can be liberated from tedious housework. They have more chance to do meaningful things they like, such as suitable works with higher salary. What is more, men are more willing to take part into the cooking, such transformation, to some extent, can bring positive impact on the family. It is not hard to imagine how a wife become so delighted when she find her husband has already prepared some favorite dishes after a day’s hard work.
Admittedly, those changes of food preparation have brought certain side effects. For example, fast foods are lower in nutritious value and contain less minerals and vitamins. Further they have high calories that can result in fatness, which may eventually lead to heart diseases and other problems. Besides, added flavors, colors and preservatives are not very helpful the physical fitness.
To sum up, it is true that there some negative effects of the easy prepared foods we should not neglect, however, these side effects can not compare with those benefits, which is of great help to most people and eventually to the development of modern society. Hence, I will have no doubt to hold my point of view.

[ 本帖最后由 leadensky 于 2007-8-21 20:49 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-9
精华
帖子

Golden Apple

沙发
发表于 2007-8-21 20:55:27 |只看该作者