寄托币
注册时间
2015-4-28
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2006-1-8 14:05:25 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
47. "Society does not place enough emphasis on the intellect—that is, on reasoning and other cognitive skills."
提纲:反对
1 事实上社会一直很强调academic learning, qualifications and how intelligent a person is, in other words his or her IQ( Intelligent Quotient).
2 部分社会也注意到了EQ(Emotional Quotient)的重要性,但强调不够
① EQ引起人们的注意in the middle of 1990s,但主要是在西方发达国家,例子举 the Centre for Applied Emotional Intelligence 在欧洲成立,标志着对EQ的承认;
② EQ的重要性:EQ is a predictor of performs and success.高EQ的人能更有效地自我管理和relationship management,就可以使人high performance and personal success;High EQ is demonstrated by the fundamental underlying attitude of acceptance of self and others which enables efficient self and relationship management.
③EQ也适当地用在一些地方,但还不是和IQ equally important的地位.(例子,举在高层选管理人员,在都有MBA时,就选EQ高的)
3 总结,其实应该同样重视EQ才会使社会和谐发展,IQ和EQ都很重要。
正文:
Does society pay little attention to the intellect, such as reasoning and other cognitive skills? As far as I am concerned, I strongly disagree with the author’s standpoint and I believe emphasis has been on academic learning, qualifications and how intelligent a person is, in other words his or her IQ (Intelligent Quotient) for centuries. However the importance of emotion has been acknowledged in recent years in some nation and very little importance attaches to emotion education.

To begin with, IQ has been emphasized for centuries. For one thing, in school education language and mathematics are main courses which help develop people’ cognitive and reasoning skills. For another thing, in almost corporations when referring to employee training, the programs are focused on reasoning and logic, which may also illustrate the attention paid by society of intellect capability.

Nevertheless, some society especially western countries have recognized the importance of emotion without widespread attention. EQ (Emotional Quotient), an opposite conception of IQ, first came to the world’s attention in the middle of 1990s. Moreover the Centre for Applied Emotional Intelligence (CAEI) established and is the representative body for professionally qualified Emotional Intelligence practitioners in UK and Europe. And the establishment of the Centre provides a recognized body for the use of EQ in workplace in Europe, which is not a general conception accepted by the whole society. A telling example could substantiate the utility of EQ in business world. A group of senior managers apply for a top position. Perhaps they all have MBAs and who will be a successful leader? The answer is the one who get a relative high Emotional Intelligence, because high Emotional Intelligence leads to effective self-management and relationship management, which in turn results in high performance and success. So the Emotional Intelligence is focused and being use in some areas.

Admittedly, I concede society to some extent has acknowledged the essence of Emotional Intelligence, but the emphasis placed on the emotional education is not sufficient. According to psychological research emotional education is a subject telling people to learn how to manage self and personality and the way of managing relationships efficiently. Therefore high EQ is a dictator of success because it is an ability of creating resonance in a group. Due to the advantageous role of EQ, society needs to pay more attention to the education of emotion.

In conclusion, from my point of view, the emphasis on reasoning and cognitive skills is sufficiently enough and society needs to stress emotional education. Furthermore society has the responsibility to find the balance between the Intelligent Quotient emphasis and the education application of Emotional Intelligence.

[ 本帖最后由 智恩 于 2006-1-9 13:56 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-6
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2006-1-17 22:07:48 |只看该作者
Does society pay little attention to the intellect, such as reasoning and other cognitive skills? As far as I am concerned, I strongly disagree with the author’s standpoint and I believe emphasis has been [加上placed] on academic learning, qualifications and how intelligent a person is, in other words his or her IQ (Intelligent Quotient) [加上逗号,] for centuries. However the importance of emotion has been acknowledged in recent years in some nation [nations] and very little importance attaches to emotion education. [这个后半句有些别扭]

To begin with, IQ has been emphasized for centuries. For one thing, in school education language and mathematics are main courses which help develop people’ cognitive and reasoning skills. For another thing, in almost corporations when referring to employee training, the programs are focused on reasoning and logic, which may also illustrate the attention paid by society of [to] intellect capability.

Nevertheless, some society especially western countries have recognized the importance of emotion without widespread attention[这个你是用来修饰emotion的吗?我觉得容易引起歧义]. EQ (Emotional Quotient), an opposite conception of IQ, first came to the world’s attention in the middle of 1990s. Moreover the Centre for Applied Emotional Intelligence (CAEI) established and is the representative body for professionally qualified Emotional Intelligence practitioners in UK and Europe. And the establishment of the Centre provides a recognized body for the use of EQ in workplace in Europe, which is not a general conception accepted by the whole society. A telling example could substantiate the utility of EQ in business world. A group of senior managers apply for a top position. Perhaps they all have MBAs and who will be a successful leader? The answer is the one who get a relative high Emotional Intelligence, because high Emotional Intelligence leads to effective self-management and relationship management, which in turn results in high performance and success. [这个例子不错]So the Emotional Intelligence is focused and being use in some areas.[最后一句总觉得有点唐突,尤其是那个so]

Admittedly, I concede [that] society to some extent has acknowledged the essence of Emotional Intelligence, but the emphasis placed on the emotional education is not sufficient. According to psychological research emotional education is a subject telling people to learn how to manage self and personality and the way of managing relationships efficiently. Therefore high EQ is a dictator of success because it is an ability of creating resonance in a group. Due to the advantageous role of EQ, society needs to pay more attention to the education of emotion.

In conclusion, from my point of view, the emphasis on reasoning and cognitive skills is sufficiently enough and society needs to stress emotional education. Furthermore society has the responsibility to find the balance between the Intelligent Quotient emphasis and the education application of Emotional Intelligence.

嗯,这篇写得还不错,但是有点感觉就是论证不是那么有力,呵呵

[ 本帖最后由 @amy@ 于 2006-1-18 10:53 编辑 ]
用心就不会错过...

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-6
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2006-1-17 22:39:38 |只看该作者
改好了,今天有点头晕,希望没有改错,呵呵
用心就不会错过...

使用道具 举报

RE: issue47 (kito)只写了436个字而且写得很恼火惶恐ing有拍必回!thanks! [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
issue47 (kito)只写了436个字而且写得很恼火惶恐ing有拍必回!thanks!
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-390081-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部