2007-1-5
精华
帖子

Golden Apple

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-7-20 09:34:49 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
writing(Build):
It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Someone likes to live in the bustling area with many stores and restaurant around and the others do not. If a new restaurant was determined to set near my house, I will not be pleased at all.

To begin with, we must admit that a restaurant nearby could bring much convenient to our lives. We can take a small case as an example, you have worked the whole day in a swelter summer day and were too tired to prepare dinner. Just turning around and getting into the restaurant, you can enjoy a marvelous meal immediately. Besides that, in the bad weathers, the restaurant could send food to the client's house. So we need not to buy food in a heavy downpour or fierce wind.   Furthermore, a new restaurant might attract a number of customers that could accelerate the development of economy around because merchants always prefer to set their stores in the area with high density of customers.

However, although the new restaurant could ameliorate our living environment to some extent, it also accompanies with many disadvantages. The most significant defect is that the restaurant will destroy the silence. As it mentioned above, many people will come to consume in the dinning-room, moreover in the recent years, many restaurant install Karaoke apparatus in the compartments to canvass more customers. Hereby the denizens living around must be annoyed by the noise and most of them even cannot open windows until midnight.

Besides the noise, the restaurant will endanger the environment around. Before I graduated, I lived in the dormitory with the cafeteria downstairs. The waste gas exhausted from the craftier was horrible! Our windows always adhered plenty of oil and we can never bask clothes on the colony or the dresses might be smelly. Furthermore, the rubbish full of nutrition created by the restaurant will draw on rats and insects that might spread into the neighborhood before long. In addition, the customers up and down might leave much trashes along the way. The whole environment might become unfitted to live.

To sum up, I disagree to build a restaurant near my house. Albeit the new restaurant might bring flourish, I prefer to live in a clean as well as silent community.

speaking(1月19号机经):
1.  Describe a place you have never been to but like to go some day.
The place attracts me so much is the Lingyin Monastery which is located in south China near the West Lake. I knew it from a traveling brochure. The monastery is in a mountain with many beautiful trees and springs around. It is a famous monastery with more than 1600 years history. Actually, it was built by an Indian monk and always be considered as a symbol of friendship between China and India. As the brochure mentioned, things which blessed by the monks in the monastery will bring good luck to the owner. So if some day I could go to the monastery, I will buy an amulet as a souvenir and hope that it could bring me good fortune.
2.       Do you agree that childhood is the happiest (or precious) time in life?
Yes, I think so. Before I went to school, I live in the country with my grandparents. I have many good friends there. In summer and autumn, we swam in the river all day long and caught fish for barbecue. While in winter, when snow covered the whole village, skiing and snowball fight became our favorite games.  Besides playing with my friends, the most exciting stuff was attending temple fair in Spring Festival. I could wear my best dresses and received plenty of presents from my grandparents. My childhood left me many good memories, it is the happiest time in my life.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
分说  不苛求每次努力都成功
不分说  即使败了也不许倒下
不由分说  美利坚我是去定了

寄托之路,不由分說

铜豌豆
充满了美食、YY、HC、牢骚的自留地

继续八卦我的人,新的一年里会睡觉睡到手抽筋,数offer数到自然醒    ( ̄y▽ ̄)╭
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币