2006-7-25
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-7-20 22:07:24 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
第三次作业:

writing(Build):
It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

I like tranquility and prefer to stay at a quiet place to enjoy natural breath, enjoy self-governed thinking, and enjoy myself. If there is a new restaurant nearby to be built, I will oppose the plan.

First of all, a restaurant hereabout will bring much of noise and evidently disturb the living of the inhabitants here. For instance, there are visitors come to the restaurant in succession, that is to say cars and buses will roll by my house one by one. As a result, noisy public replaces quiet sky, and too many persons crash into my ken. Life before disappears and I could not read books in the grassplot any more. I will also kiss good-bye to the quiet night accompanied with stars all over the sky.

Secondly, the daily operation of a restaurant inescapable makes a lot of pollution, which demolish the beautiful sight in residential area. As we know, a restaurant will take in many guests everyday, and offers them adequate food and drink, all of which should be carried in the trucks from outside. And, those guests produce a great deal of garbage everyday, which are also need to be taken away, or even be chucked nearby. Those rubbish unavoidably pollute the environment of the residenters here.

Nevertheless, there are still some benefits from this plan, such as promoting the communication with the world outside, increasing the economical level of local community, enriching the afterhours life, and so on. But compared with the former two factors, it looks like less crucial to be considered.

From the reasons mentioned above, it is obvious that building a new restaurant in the neighborhood is not a advisable measure. The plan brings not only pollution and garbage which worsen the inhabitants’ environment, but also noise and loudness which disturb inhabitants’ daily life. Our quality of life is debased significantly, any other small advantage looks not worth mention. Therefore, I oppose the plan.

speaking(1月19号机经):
1.  Describe a place you have never been to but like to go some day.
2.  Do you agree that childhood is the happiest (or precious) time in life?

I dreamed to go to a famous laboratory in the USA.
For the first, I could really touch the foreland of science full out, including the most advanced experiment instruments, the most scientific methods of investigation, and the deepest thinking about science.
For the second, I could meet lots of friends in the same camp there, among which there are not only professors who already obtained illustrious accomplishments, but also students who fight bravely with the involved problems.
I thirst for such a wonderful place, and will try my best to achieve it.

[ 本帖最后由 flora2446 于 2007-7-21 16:43 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-2-9
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-7-21 15:21:50 |只看该作者
I like tranquility and prefer to stay at a quiet place to enjoy natural breath, enjoy self-governed thinking, and enjoy myself. If there is a new restaurant nearby to be built, I will oppose the plan.

First of all, a restaurant hereabout will bring much of noise and evidently disturb the living of the inhabitants here. For instance, there are visitors come to the restaurant in succession, that is to say cars and buses will roll by my house one by one. As a result, noisy public replaces quiet sky, and too many persons crash into my ken. Life before disappears and I could not read books in the grassplot any more. I will also kiss good-bye to the quiet night accompanied with stars all over the sky.

Secondly, the daily operation of a restaurant inescapable makes a lot of pollution, which demolish the beautiful sight in residential area. As we know, a restaurant will take in many guests everyday, and offers them adequate food and drink, all of which should be carried in the trucks from outside. And, those guests produce a great deal of garbage everyday, which(指代不明) are also need to be taken away, or even be chucked nearby. Those rubbish unavoidably pollute the environment of the residenters here.

Nevertheless, there are still some benefits from(改成in?) this plan, such as promoting the communication with the world outside, increasing the economical level of local community, enriching the afterhours life, and so on. But compared with the former two factors, it looks (these benefits look)like less crucial to be considered.(主题句首句提出比较好)

From the reasons mentioned above, it is obvious that building a new restaurant in the neighborhood is not a advisable measure. The plan brings not only pollution and garbage which worsen the inhabitants’ environment, but also noise and loudness which disturb inhabitants’ daily life. Our quality of life is debased significantly, any other small advantage looks not worth mention. Therefore, I oppose the plan.

结构清晰,只是有些小问题。另外,段落间的联系、转折显得有点生硬。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-2-7
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-7-21 19:03:33 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报