寄托币
注册时间
2005-12-21
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-7-30 22:59:27 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place? Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion.

As far as I am concerned, moving to different places is my usual style, because I think living in one place constantly is not good for personal development.

First of all, we have to change places to live for education purposes. From primary school to university, it is impossible for us to live in the identical place, since not all the schools are located around our home. As for myself, I was born in a small village in western China without any primary school there. So I had to live on the campus as a pupil. When I was a middle school student, the case was similar, in which I must live in the dormitory of school. I received my college education, as well as postgraduate, in the capital of China, Beijing. So my experience shows that I could not stay where I was for further education.

Secondly, we can witness different living styles and local customs when moving to other places. Culture in different cities or countries is always different from one another. For example, citizens in Guangzhou like to go out and take activities at night, while residents in Harbin do not; Brazil people are fond of football, while American people are interested in basketball. If we have opportunities for living in different places with diverse culture or custom, it will enrich our experience, as well as knowledge and information.

Thirdly, sometimes shifting jobs is also a reason for moving on. We may not select a job as our long-term career even all our lives. Sometimes we have to resign from a clerk in a company and apply for a better one which is probably far away, for the sake of good salary, high position, or our interest. In this case, we have to migrate there.

In sum, migration to different places usually benefits us in many aspects compared with living in a constant place. So I would like to move on.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-1-24
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-7-30 23:20:14 |只看该作者
As far as I am concerned, moving to different places is my usual style, because I think living in one place constantly is not good for personal development.

First of all, we have to change places to live for education purposes. From primary school to university, it is impossible for us to live in the identical place, since not all the schools are located around our home. As for myself, I was born in a small village in western China without any primary school there,so I had to live on the campus as a pupil. When I was a middle school student, the case was similar, in which I must live in the dormitory of school. I received my college education, as well as postgraduate, in the capital of China, Beijing. So(therefore,) my experience shows that I could not stay where I was for further education.

Secondly, we can witness different living styles and local customs when moving to other places. Culture in different cities or countries is(are) always different from one to another. For example, citizens in Guangzhou like to go out and take activities at night, while residents in Harbin do not; Brazil people are fond of football, while American people are interested in basketball. If we have opportunities for living in different places with diverse cultures or customs, it will enrich our experience, as well as knowledge and information.

Thirdly, sometimes shifting jobs is also a reason for moving on(去掉). We may not select a job as our long-term career even all our lives. Sometimes we have to resign from a clerk in a company and apply for a better one which is probably far away, for the sake of good salary, high position, or our interest. In this case, we have to migrate there.

In sum, migration to different places usually benefits us in many aspects compared with living in a constant place. So I would like to move on.

文章短小精炼,赞~
每一论点都很有道理,而且论据合理
语法正确,但觉得如果多用复合句代替单句是不是能更好一些

[ 本帖最后由 zhangyebb 于 2007-7-30 23:32 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-12-21
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-7-31 09:03:36 |只看该作者
看了你的文章我受益匪浅,要好好向zhangyebb学习

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-25
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2007-7-31 09:04:24 |只看该作者
:)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-7-31 10:22:58 |只看该作者

不错!

我认为还是使用复合句的次数多一点,比如说,把because,if等等的分词换成其他的,例如for the reason why,,,,,等等!

还有开头段是不是增加一点字数啊?再加工一下,开头段很重要的!!恩,支持你!:loveliness:

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-1-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-7-31 11:09:28 |只看该作者

回复 #3 sigtem 的帖子

我写得很不好呀,而且没有卡时间~~~
特别是昨天这篇,实在是找不到思路,硬凑的~~~