注册时间
2005-7-12
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-8-8 23:16:15 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
晕,咋我的字数就上不去捏:@

In this argument, the arguer concludes that while storing the stock of home office machines and supplies, the office-supply departments will become the most profitable component of his or her stores. After a close scrutiny, I find this argument defies logic and suffers from a series of critical flaws which render it unconvincing as it stands.

The threshold problem with this argument is that, relying on the recent survey, the arguer commits a fallacy of vague data. The fact, actually, shows little about the increase of the sales of office-supply departments. Firstly, it is open to doubt that whether the respondents are representative of our the employees, especially considering that only a tiny part of them maybe one to ten or one to a hundred, are responsible in this survey. Secondly, the arguer unfairly predicts that the survey conducted statistically which quite begs question. Thus, regardless of the high percentage affording the trend of work-at-home, the real sales might nevertheless remains the same, or even decreased.

Another problem that weakens the logic in this argument involves the arguer's assertion that the trends will doubtless supply a profit by storing office machines and supplies. But the evidence offered is not sufficient enough to bolster the result that flourishing will come out. Common sense informs me that on or more factors might have been due instead to it. Perhaps regardless of the trend by majority, the demand remains little since the arguer fails to mention the kind of work needed to do at home. It is quite possible that it needs no tools at all, such as designs at computer. Or perhaps the stores exceed the need to the degree that the stores could not even make a profit. In short, without considering and ruling out alternative explanations for it, the arguer cannot justifiably conclude that.

Before I come to my conclusion, it is necessary to point out another flaw that undermines the argument. Even if the arguer could make it successful, he or she cannot grant that it might become the most profitable component of the stores, given that there are other departments have the privilege of sales best, such as the department of clothing and the department of foods which provide necessity of daily life.

To sum up, the conclusion reached in this argument is valid and probably misleading since the evidence cited in the analysis does not lend to strong support of this argument. [401]
long
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-12-7
精华
帖子

Golden Apple

沙发
发表于 2005-8-8 23:23:58 |只看该作者