精华
帖子

备考先锋

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-4-18 20:10:40 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 liurui8802 于 2009-4-18 20:14 编辑

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to finish a
project and then start another than to finish two projects at the same time. Use
specific reasons and examples to support your answer.(06/24/07)

There are many times when we are overwhelmed by tasks: you have to get prepared for your math and English tests simultaneously, or, as a worker, finish projections due next week. Some people prefer to do different project at the same time, however, as far as I am concerned, I would like to prioritize them and complete them one by one.

First, doing one job helps me pay attention exclusively on that job, not  be distracted by others. For the greater part of time, I find it more efficient and enjoyable if I am working on one problem. Compared to completing two tasks simultaneously, you are free from the anxiety of other unfinished tasks when you are dealing with the one at hand.  The more attention and more energy in one job, the more likely you will be able to solve those problems perfectly.

In addition, only when you immerse yourself totally in one task, will you come out with better solutions. It is apparent that you will give more consideration, see this problem from different perspective, work out more answers, and finally choose a better solution than you do with more tasks at the mean time.Shifting from one problem to another can always be a misery, since you are frequently changing thoughts in your mind and may at last find yourself at a loss.

Some people may argue that it is the fast-pacing society that demands us to handle multi-tasking. No doubt, we should be capable of working under diverse conditions and dealing with problems, whenever it arises. Whereas, there is no need to hurry from one task to another, why not make a schedule based on the due time and finish them one by one? In this way, not only will you be saved anxiety, but you must be encouraged by the speed at which you complete projects. It gives you more flexibility, more confidence, and a feeling of accomplishment.
托福 双学位 实习 专业课 I can survive and thrive!
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-3-7
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2009-4-19 17:30:32 |只看该作者
There are many times when we are overwhelmed by tasks: you have to get prepared for your math and English tests simultaneously, or, as a worker, finish projections (这里为了表意更明确,写成 two or more projections 吧)due next week. Some people prefer to do different projects at the same time, however, as far as I am concerned, I would like to prioritize them and complete them one by one.* Y9 W3 q  V: I6 v+ f

First, doing one job helps me pay attention exclusively on that job, not be distracted by others. For the greater part of time, I find it more efficient and enjoyable if I am working on one problem. Compared to completing two tasks simultaneously, you are free from the anxiety of other unfinished tasks when you are dealing with the one at hand.  The more attention and more energy in one job, the more likely you will be able to solve those problems perfectly.(本段的主要论点放在“只做一件事才能更享受”上,所以最后一句还是围绕主题说比较好,而不是抢下一段论点,说“只做一件事有利于问题的解决”,不然觉得本段论点不突出)

In addition, only when you immerse yourself totally in one task, will you come out with better solutions. It is apparent that you will give more consideration, see this problem from different perspective, work out more answers, and finally choose a better solution than you do with more tasks at the mean time.Shifting from one problem to another can always be a misery, since you are frequently changing thoughts in your mind and may at last find yourself at a loss(按照你写的来看,一二两点好像有点重复,可以考虑合并成一段。或者第一点强调“享受”,第二点强调“更有成效”,这样分成两点来表达观点).0 ]  a+ ~- ~7 F4 j8 A7 w; L4 t9 U9 D
& f* E2 y! ]. v4 X$ \; H2 i, i
9 z" q% h  W; G; z# ]. h- A

Some people may argue that it is the fast-pacing society that demands us to handle multi-tasking. No doubt(no doubt可以直接这样用吗?求教), we should be capable of working under diverse conditions and dealing with problems, whenever it arises. Whereas, there is no need to hurry from one task to another, why not make a schedule based on the due time and finish them one by one? In this way, not only will you be saved anxiety, but you must be encouraged by the speed at which you complete projects. It gives you more flexibility, more confidence, and a feeling of accomplishment. (结尾提到了问题的解决方法,这种结尾觉得很好,有点延伸的意思,向楼主学习)

楼主的语言很好,学习。
逻辑方面我可能说的有点狠了,但觉得老美还是很看重这个的,所以...(虽然我自己在这方面也没做好)楼主包涵。
总之,加油啦~~
清空~~明媚吧~~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-1-25
精华
帖子

备考先锋

板凳
发表于 2009-4-19 20:02:31 |只看该作者
恩 当时写完是觉得一二点有点重复 最后一句要改一下  另外 No doubt用法如下:
no doubt
adv.
无疑地,不容怀疑地;很可能地
No doubt you would like a drink.
毫无疑问你是喜欢喝一杯了。
No doubt he was just trying to help, but he's spoiled our work.
可能他只是想帮忙,但却把我们的工作给弄糟了。
中间不加逗号
托福 双学位 实习 专业课 I can survive and thrive!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-3-21
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2009-4-20 00:02:37 |只看该作者
There are many times when we are overwhelmed by tasks: you have to get prepared for your math and English tests simultaneously, or, as a worker, finish projections due next week.( 结构有问题,最好分开写 ) Some people prefer to do different project at the same time, however, as far as I am concerned, I would like to prioritize them and complete them one by one.5 c1 j8 z8 @- w* l6 m- s

First, doing one job helps me pay attention exclusively on that job, not  be distracted by others. For the greater part of time, I find it more efficient and enjoyable if I am working on one problem. Compared to completing two tasks simultaneously, you are free from the anxiety of other unfinished tasks when you are dealing with the one at hand.  The more attention and more energy in one job, the more likely you will be able to solve those problems perfectly.( develoop 得不深入,缺少支持理由的句子 )

In addition, only when you immerse yourself totally in one task, will you come out with better solutions. It is apparent that you will give more consideration, see this problem from different perspective, work out more answers, and finally choose a better solution than you do with more tasks at the mean time.Shifting from one problem to another can always be a misery, since you are frequently changing thoughts in your mind and may at last find yourself at a loss.

Some people may argue that it is the fast-pacing society that demands us to handle multi-tasking. No doubt, we should be capable of working under diverse conditions and dealing with problems, whenever it arises. Whereas, there is no need to hurry from one task to another, why not make a schedule based on the due time and finish them one by one? In this way, not only will you be saved anxiety, but you must be encouraged by the speed at which you complete projects. It gives you more flexibility, more confidence, and a feeling of accomplishment.

1. 楼上说了的,我就不说了。应用多点例子
2、 展开的段落缺少层次感
Man proposes, God disposes!

使用道具 举报

RE: TOEFL 2009上半年-Dark_Tournament写作组liurui8802第二十二次作业 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华