精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-8-24 15:12:09 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
这篇还有救么。。。

Issue157  
------题目------
There is no such thing as purely objective observation. All observation is subjective; it is always guided by the observer's expectations or desires.
------正文------
Whether we can achieve objective observation is an issue debated by many epistemologists. The speaker in the title statement seems to be pessimistic about this topic. I will argue, however, a closer scrutiny and clarification of definition will reveal that objective observation is possible in some sense.

The first step of discussing this topic, I believe, is to clarify the vague terminology of "objective". If "objective" is understood as purely independent of all human behaviors, then there is no doubt that such absolutely objective observation does not exist. As the subjective party of the process of observation, we always have to apply our epistemic faculties to objects being observed. Without senses of sight, touch, smell, taste and hearing, or observational devices such as telescopes and microscopes which can be regarded as the extension of human senses, observation is hardly possible at all. These senses inevitably brand human influence on objectives, since with different senses we might have quite different view about the world. As Immanuel Kant put (and I paraphrase), “all what we can know about is from OUR experience of objects; while we have no access to objects themselves.” This tells us that observation cannot be separated from one’s cognitive faculties. The absolutely objective observation, which is to know about objects without any influence form epistemic subjects, then is never available to us.

If "objectiveness" can be understood in a weaker sense, which has no ambition to get access to absolute truth but is in contrasted with observer’s INDIVIDUAL influence, then an objective observation is possible. Human influence in the process of observation is inevitable, yet personal prejudice is not; and it is through eliminating unwarranted subjective beliefs that we are making progress on the road of inquiry. People often take for granted that the earth is still and the sun is moving, and that the heavy things fall faster light ones. By experiments, however, the fact can prove or disprove our former beliefs. When Galileo famously dropped two balls in Pisa, for example, he was to show all observers the truth he held. No matter what other scientists expect and desire before this experiment, all their personal desires and assumptions are being destroyed when the heavy ball and light one drop at same speed. It is true, as the speaker might argue, that at first Galileo had an expectation that guided this test, too; yet when the fact is revealed, it can be accepted by all scientists and thus no longer subjective: it is now an objective truth weeding out all individual biases, and achieve the most widely agreement among all human beings.

In sum, true as it is that there is no absolutely objective observation, yet it is too far to say all observation is subjective. Through excluding observers' personal prejudice, as the history of science shows, human beings can achieve relative objective truths, which are getting increasingly closer to the absolute ones.
486 words.
"I will act," says Don Quixote, "as if the world were what I would have it to be, as if the ideal were real..."
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-7-13
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2005-8-24 18:42:19 |只看该作者
zhanzhanzhan~~~

忘了说了,这篇我狂有兴趣,不过还没写:D

这种马哲的题目也拿来考,BT呀!!!!

[ Last edited by meauto on 2005-8-24 at 20:48 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-4
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2005-8-24 21:36:35 |只看该作者
这道题我一直很晕!
Goodall's mother once told her:
"Jane, if you really want to do something, you work hard, you stick to it until there's an opportunity."

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-7-13
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2005-8-24 21:40:38 |只看该作者

不过他写的很清楚

There is no such thing as purely objective observation. All observation is subjective; it is always guided by the observer's expectations or desires.
------正文------
Whether we can achieve objective observation is an issue debated by many epistemologists.汗。。。查了字典我都不知道这是什么人 The speaker in the title statement seems to be pessimistic about this topic. I will argue, however, a closer scrutiny and clarification of definition will reveal that objective observation is possible in some sense.

The first step of discussing this topic, I believe, is to clarify the vague terminology of "objective". If "objective" is understood as purely independent of all human behaviors, then there is no doubt that such absolutely objective observation does not exist. As the subjective party of the process of observation,观察过程的客观性吧,啥是subjective party啊? we always have to apply our epistemic faculties to objects being observed. Without senses of sight, touch, smell, taste and hearing,前后两个不能并列,后者起的是辅助作用 or observational devices such as telescopes and microscopes which can be regarded as the extension of human senses, observation is hardly possible at all. These senses inevitably brand human influence on objectives,你这个objective是目标的意思么? since with different senses we might have quite different view about the world. As Immanuel Kant put (and I paraphrase), “all what we can know about is from OUR experience of objects; while we have no access to objects themselves.” This tells us that observation cannot be separated from one’s cognitive faculties. why cognitive here? The absolutely objective observation, which is to know about objects without any influence form epistemic subjects, then is never available to us.最后一句别扭。
你在段首把objective定义死了,所以后面没有问题。这一段是赞成题目头一句的。
If "objectiveness" can be understood we interpret objective in a weaker sense, which has no ambition to get access to absolute truth but is in contrastedcontrast with observer’s INDIVIDUAL influence, then an objective observation is possible.这个定义没有定义清楚。什么叫absolute truth?应该是一些人占很大比重的事实吧。比如:社会的存在,文化的存在,这不是absolute truth么?...停...接着看了后面,发现你不是这个意思:D Human influence in the process of observation is inevitable, yet personal prejudice is not; and it is through eliminating unwarranted subjective beliefs这个unwarranted也很模糊 that we are making progress on the road of inquiry. People often take for granted that the earth is still and the sun is moving, and that the heavy things fall fasterthan light ones.fall to ground faster By experiments, however, the fact can prove or disprove our former beliefs. When Galileo是他么?难道不是鸭梨是多的? famously dropped two balls in Pisa, for example, he was to show all observers the truth he held. No matter what other scientists expected and desireed before this experiment, all their personal desires and assumptions有点重复 are being destroyed when the heavy ball and light one drop at same speed.绝对了。有人赞同G呢? It is true, as the speaker might argue, that at first Galileo had an expectation that guided this test, too; yet when the fact is revealed, it can be accepted by all scientists and thus no longer subjective: it is now an objective truth weeding out all individual biases, and achieve the most widely agreement among all human beings.
这个分析的落脚点不好。既然提到experiments,就容易让人想到上一段观察一段的内容。我可以反驳说,就象人们长久被天园地方,地不动太阳动的观察假象所迷惑一样,亚里士多德的实验结果也可能是不对的。所以光从是否受大众赞同来评价OBJECTIVE,还是有点问题。我觉得你说的当然是对的,但是很难证明清楚。我建议从人文观察入手,啥社会,啥文化,可能更好写一些。
In sum, true as it is that there is no absolutely objective observation, yet it is too far to say all observation is subjective. Through excluding observers' personal prejudice, as the history of science shows, human beings can achieve relative objective truths, which are getting increasingly closer to the absolute ones.
486 words.

[ Last edited by meauto on 2005-8-24 at 21:42 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-6-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-8-24 21:53:09 |只看该作者
1.认识论研究者
2。subjective party我是想说认识主体(和认知客体相对)
3。objective用错了,应该是objects,客体,多谢提醒!
4。cognitive 因为还在说认识啊。
5。拜托,站在比萨斜塔上扔小球的是亚里士多德???你月球回来的?我是说很多人相信重的球先落地,但通过伽利略的试验他们的主观设想都泡汤了。人的观察可以通过试验结果来证实或证伪,一旦证实就可以被全人类公认,从而脱离于个人的偏见;在这个意义上也可以说是客观的,虽然不是绝对的客观。我写这道题很ft就是因为用英语表达不清楚。。。
6。你说的人文列个提纲?这道算是高频吧。
"I will act," says Don Quixote, "as if the world were what I would have it to be, as if the ideal were real..."

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-8-24 21:55:27 |只看该作者
B1写得不错,B2在修改修改~
Goodall's mother once told her:
"Jane, if you really want to do something, you work hard, you stick to it until there's an opportunity."

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-6-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-8-24 22:02:19 |只看该作者
B2绝望中。想想能不能整个换个写法。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-7-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-8-24 22:42:46 |只看该作者
啊?不是亚里士多德?昏......

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-6-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-8-25 09:25:31 |只看该作者
我也昏。中国教育真是太失败太失败了。。

使用道具 举报

RE: Issue157 寄托4人组 8.24作业 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
Issue157 寄托4人组 8.24作业