寄托币
注册时间
2007-2-12
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-23 19:23:44 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
作文来自机经Should a city try to preserve its old, historic buildings or destroy them and replace them with modern buildings? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion

One of the roots of a city is its history, especially its historic buildings. These old buildings embody the cultures of a city, is the symbol of it. Recently some people are, however, trying to demolish those symbols to ash. I strongly oppose those crude trying, for the old buildings still bring great benefits to our city. My arguments for this point are listed as follows.

The main reason for my propensity for historic buildings is that they buttressed the tour business for us. Most of tourists who want to know about the history of the resort when they  visit there. I take my hometown as an example. My hometown is an tourist city famous for its profound culture and history, every year there are numerous tourists come for knowing them. With these old bindings, such as European-style red-roofed houses, 18th cathedrals, our government can not be worried about its financial income. Moreover, with these historic visiting site, people here get all job opportunities than those cities do not have a historic building.

Not only the economic advantages these old building bring to us, but also the sense of honor we hold that they lead to. The Imperial Palace located in Beijing, our caption, is the pride of every Chinese, and The Great Wall, famous in the world as one of the New Seven Wonder, is always the topic when mention the culture of our country. We all deem them as the emblem of our history, thus how can we destroy them and replace with modern building?

Admittedly, some of those historic building may have been timeworn, even ugly in the corner of the clean, orderly city, that is the reason of some people who want to wreck them. But considering the chance of seeing them for our next generation as the access to knowing history and culture of our country's past, how can we keep on doing our devastating activities?

Apparently, all the evidence confirm the undoubted conclusion that those historic building should not being demolished, but protected by us. That's the right decision for both our economic benefits and the deep national sense of honor.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-11-10
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-8-24 20:59:41 |只看该作者
One of the roots of a city is its history, especially its historic buildings. These old buildings embody the cultures of a city, is the symbol of it. this sentence has a wrong structure Recently some people are, however, trying to demolish those symbols to ash. I strongly oppose those crude trying, for the old buildings still bring great benefits to our city. My arguments for this point are listed as follows.

The main reason for my propensity for hi
storic buildings is that they buttressed the tour business for us. Most of tourists who want to know about the history of the resort when they  visit there.  the same mistake with  the former oen I take my hometown as an example. My hometown is an tourist city famous for its profound culture and history, every year there are numerous tourists come for knowing them. With these old bindings, such as European-style red-roofed houses, 18th cathedrals, our government can not be worried about its financial income. Moreover, with these historic visiting site, people here get all job opportunities than those cities do not have a historic building.

Not only the economic advantages  do these old buildings bring to us, but also the sense of honor we hold that they lead to. 倒装错误The Imperial Palace located in Beijing, our caption, is the pride of every Chinese, and The Great Wall, famous in the world as one of the New Seven Wonder, is always the topic when mention the culture of our country. We all deem them as the emblem of our history, thus how can we destroy them and replace with modern building?

Admittedly, some of those historic building may have been timeworn, even ugly in the corner of the clean, orderly city, that is the reason of some people who want to wreck them. But considering the chance of seeing them for our next generation as the access to knowing history and culture of our country's past, how can we keep on doing our devastating activities?

Apparently, all the evidence confirm the undoubted conclusion that those historic building should not being demolished, but protected by us. That's the right decision for both our economic benefits and the deep national sense of honor.后几段写的很精彩。

总体感觉不错,尤其是用词方面很值得我学习,加油哦
不懈地努力
来告慰自己未竟的梦想!

使用道具 举报

RE: 十月金秋第十次作业 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华