寄托币
注册时间
2007-5-19
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-2-11 11:51:52 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Should the government focus more on preserving nature environment and less on economic development? (08.1.12)

I don’t agree that government should look preserving nature environment more essential than economic development. Actually, I hold the view that to develop economy is as the same significant as to preserve the environment for the reasons as follows.

First, people’s lives depend on the development of economy. For instant, after the War II almost everything was destroyed in Japan. The populace at large were caught in fires. At that time the Japanese government spared no effort to develop the economy, rebuilding their industry for instant. Thus, in a short span of several decades, Japan returned to the power list of the countries. Nowadays economic development is still important. As to our country, China, thanks to the policies of reform and opening up, today our lives have undergone earth-shaking changes. Both the examples of Japan and China prove that developing economy is so significant, since it affords us a comfortable life.

Admittedly, in the meantime of developing economy, our nature environment had been destroyed badly. It’s also a famous example in Japan. The Minamata Disease, a form of mercury poisoning among people who ate fish from mercury-contaminated waters of Minamata Bay off Japan in the 1950s; characterized by severe neurological degeneration. Lessons paid for in blood taught us that we can’t focus only on the economic development blindly, without caring the nature environment. However, is that mean we have to pay more attention on preserving nature environment than on economic development? My answer is also ‘no’. In my opinion, developing economy will also help preserve nature environment, only if it is reasonably planned and controlled. It’s certainly that the more developed the country is, the more things it can do for our environment. Such as that Americans often hold the global meetings discussing the environmental problems while some African countries are not able to focus on other things besides problem of food and clothing.

From what been talked above we can draw a conclusion that preserving nature environment and developing economy are as essential as the same. What we should focus on is not to regard which one more important than the other one. Instead, we must try our best to develop the economy planed and controlled, preserving our fascinating nature environment, in order to improve our lives to a higher level.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-11
精华
帖子

备考先锋

沙发
发表于 2009-2-11 23:25:05 |只看该作者
I don’t agree that government should look preserving nature environment more essential than economic development. Actually, I hold the view that to develop economy is as the same significant as to preserve the environment for the reasons as follows.

First, people’s lives depend on the development of economy. For instant, after the (World) War II almost everything was destroyed in Japan.(destroyed不妥吧) The populace at large were caught in fires. (这一句是形容平民大众水深火热?)At that time the Japanese government spared no effort to develop the economy, rebuilding their industry for instant.(for instant前面刚出现一次可改为and one of the important measures is to rebuild the industry. ) Thus, in a short span of several decades, Japan returned to the power list of the countries. Nowadays economic development is still important. As to our country, China, thanks to the policies of reform and opening up, today our lives have undergone earth-shaking changes. Both the examples of Japan and China prove that developing economy is so significant, since it affords us a comfortable life(comfortable lives?)."

Admittedly, in the meantime of developing economy, our nature environment had been (has been)destroyed badly. It’s also a famous example in Japan. The Minamata Disease, a form of mercury poisoning among people who ate fish from mercury-contaminated waters of Minamata Bay off Japan in the 1950s; characterized by severe neurological degeneration. Lessons paid for in blood taught (has taught)us that we can’t focus only on the economic development blindly, without caring the nature environment. However, is that mean(does that mean) we have to pay more attention on preserving nature environment than on economic development? My answer is also ‘no’. In my opinion, developing economy will also help preserve nature environment, only if it is reasonably planned and controlled. It’s certainly that the more developed the country is, the more things it can do for our environment. Such as that Americans often hold(held) the global meetings discussing the environmental problems while some African countries are not able to focus on other things besides problem(s) of food and clothing.

From what been talked above we can draw a conclusion that preserving nature environment and developing economy are as essential as the same. What we should focus on is not to regard which one去掉 (is)more important than the other one(one 去掉). Instead, we must try our best to develop the economy planed and controlled, preserving our fascinating nature environment,(as well as to preserve our fascinating nature environment,) in order to improve our lives to a higher level.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-1-16
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2009-2-15 18:31:54 |只看该作者
Should the government focus more on preserving nature environment and less on economic development?

I don’t agree that government should look preserving nature environment more essential than economic development. Actually, I hold the view that to develop economy is as the same significant as to preserve the environment for the reasons as follows. ,

FFirst, people’s livesthe stander of people 's living  depend on the development of economy. For instant, (instance ) after the War II almost everything was destroyed in Japan. The populace at large were caught in fires. At that time the Japanese government spared no effort to develop the economy, rebuilding their industry for instant. Thus, in a short span of several decades, Japan returned to the power list of the countries. Nowadays economic development is still important. As to our country, China, thanks to the policies of reform and opening up, today our lives(我问了一些人他们说生活用life 你在查查顺便告诉我一下,还有的人说直接用the life) have undergone(打错了吧) earth-shaking changes. Both the examples of Japan and China prove that developing economy is so significant, since it affords us a comfortable life.:

`4 Z. D" w9 IAdmittedly, in the meantime of developing economy, our nature environment had (has) been destroyed badly. It’s also a famous example in Japan. The Minamata(水俉市 日本熊本县南端,频临水俉湾。化学工业城市,作为工业废水引起的水俉病的发生地而闻名世界) Disease, a form of mercury poisoning among people who ate fish from mercury-contaminated waters of Minamata Bay off Japan in the 1950s; characterized by severe neurological degeneration. Lessons paid for in blood taught us that we can’t focus only on the economic development blindly, without caring the nature environment. However, is  does that mean we have to pay more attention on preserving nature environment than on economic development? My answer is also ‘no’. In my opinion, developing economy will also help preserve nature environment, only if it is reasonably planned and controlled. It’s certainly that the more developed the country is, the more things it can do for our environment. Such as that Americans (American) often hold (holds )the global meetings discussing the environmental problems while some African countries are not able to focus on other things besides problem of food and clothing.

O From what (have ) been talked above we can draw a conclusion that preserving nature environment and developing economy are as essential as the same. What we should focus on is not to regard which one more important than the other one. Instead, we must try our best to develop the economy planed and controlled, preserving our fascinating nature environment, in order to improve our lives to a higher level.

使用道具 举报

RE: 【Dark_Tournament TOEFL-ibt作文小组 天泽的 第三次作业】 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
【Dark_Tournament TOEFL-ibt作文小组 天泽的 第三次作业】