注册时间
2010-8-2
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-8-4 14:53:02 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
14号考,从今天起应该会每天写一篇吧,求修改和建议。谢谢

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Teachers should make their social or political views known to students?

The term teacher almost always comes with glory. In Japan, teachers and lawyers are the two most respected professions across the country. In fact, when Japanese people are communicating with teachers, they must use respective form to show the honor of talking to the teachers. Undoubtedly, students benefit greatly from their teachers in various subjects such as mathematics, English, and science. However, I am convinced that teachers should not make their social and political perspectives to students for the sake of students’ future development and violation of their basic human rights.

To begin with, by declaring their social or political stands, teachers might exert detrimental influence on the future growth of the students. If teachers make their social or political views known to students, it is highly probable for their students to follow the suit and to form a similar social or political stand. For instance, if the teacher is a firm supporter of Adolf Hitler and also believes in the fanatic Nazism, his/her propensity toward Nazi might impose a direct influence on students. It is very likely for his/her students to become a fan of Nazism as well. Therefore, it is extremely dangerous if the teacher declares his/her social or political views publicly.

Moreover, according the Bill of Rights, it is humans’ inalienable rights to freely choose their social or political stand. Nevertheless, teachers’ opinions on social or political issues might restrict the selections made by the students. Some teachers are incredibly stubborn and have a vast confidence on their own views, thereby forcefully imposing particular views on their students. In conclusion, by forcing students to have teachers’ view, students’ rights to form their own opinions are infringed.

Admittedly, teachers’ perspectives, to certain degree, can be extraordinarily instrumental for their students. Since most teachers are in possess of master and doctor degrees nowadays, they have a higher command of knowledge than their students. As a result, most of their perspectives could serve to be guidance for students.

In conclusion, based on the previously mentioned reasons, I steadfastly disagree with the statement that teachers should make their social or political views known to students. Although there might be some beneficial effects for teachers to declare their stances, the threat of students’ future growth and infringement of rights explicitly support my argument.

(381 words)
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-2
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2010-8-5 13:53:46 |只看该作者
Do you agree or disagree; the way a person dressed is a good indication of his/her personality or character.

According to Christian Dior, a leading world class fashion designer, having a good dressing code is inevitably the first step for a successful man. The importance of dressing code in our society is expanding at a daily basis. Although many may argue that the dress code should not be used as an indication of his/her personality or character since the view is incredibly superficial, from my personal and practical accounts, I firmly believe that dressing code could be essentially useful in terms of judging a person.

Practically, I think having dressed appropriately will be astoundingly beneficial for the person to gain a good impression. For instance, suppose two people who have similar resumes are competing for the same spot during an interview. One is dressed appropriately with suits and ties. The other is dressed in jeans and his shirt is not even tugged properly into the pants. If you are the manager of the human resource department, who would you hire? Therefore, this example reinforces my argument that dressing code is indeed a good indication for others to judge the person’s character or personality.

Furthermore, from my perspective, dressing appropriately is a way of paying respect to the others. Personally, I would rather do business with someone who has dressed properly because I tend to consider that person to be clean, efficient in his/her field of expertise and knows how to respect other people. That is, if you do not dress properly, there is a very high possibility that you are not respecting your colleagues because you do not even care about your image in others’ eyes. In another word, the behaviour of not dressed properly will be extremely offensive toward the people around you.

It is true some people achieve success or economic bonanza without a proper dressing code. Famous magnates such as Steve Jacobs and Renes Waltz almost always appear to be improperly dressed in front of the television. However, if you actually tallied up all the successful people in the world, more than eighty percent of them indeed do have a nice dressing code.

In conclusion, we can safely arrive at the conclusion that the dressing code could be served as a very helpful indicator to judge the person’s character or personality.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-5
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2010-8-5 14:03:29 |只看该作者
good!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-2
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2010-8-6 21:34:43 |只看该作者
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is more important to working quickly and risking making mistakes than to work slowly and making sure everything is

In the 21st century, the word efficiency becomes one of the most popular terminologies in the work place. According to Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple, the value of time is inarguably superior to any existing objects in the world. Although many consider that the quicker the work is done the better it is, from my point of view, I firmly believe that the procedure of making sure everything on the right track is the most important aspect in the work place because it guarantees the quality of work and minimizes the chance of making mistakes.

From my perspective, a company could not make any profit by making unqualified goods. Some companies use a comparatively low price as part of its marketing strategies. These companies usually focus more on reducing its price by asking their employees to speed up their work than emphasize the quality of goods. Consequently, although the company is able to offer a cheap price than its peers, it could not attract any buyers because its products are not durable or sustainable for a long period of time. Thus, the example presented above reinforces my argument that the quality of work is more crucial than the speed of work.

Moreover, working quickly has a higher tendency of making mistakes than working slowly because it lacks the procedure of checking every process. The mistakes caused by the carelessness sometimes can have immeasurable effects on the corporations. To illustrate more specifically, imagine a merchant orders ten boxes of clothes from a clothing manufacturer. If the manufacturer did not check every step of the working process, there is a very high possibility for his workers to make mistakes which in this case might cause the degradation of clothing quality. Once the merchant is unsatisfied with the clothes, he would never order anything from this clothing industry, thereby causing the loss of credits of the manufacturer. Therefore, it is vital to check every part of the work.

It is true that high efficiency of work can, to a certain degree, save some time and energy in the work place. However, the reasons I discussed above explicitly outweigh the drawbacks of working slowly. Therefore, we can safely arrive at the conclusion that it is more important to work slowly and meticulously than to work quickly and carelessly.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-11 14:46:56 |只看该作者
ETS第2份练习的integrated writing
The author of the reading passage proposes three benefits for professor to appear on television. The lecturer, however, points to the inaccuracies in each of these advantages.

The lecturer argues that from a professional standpoint, it is not exceptionally beneficial for the professor to be on television. To further clarify, the professor, who often appears on the television, will be viewed as an entertainer rather than a scholar by his peers. Moreover, since the professor is undervalued by his colleagues, the professor might not be able to attend international conference and receive future funding. The reading, however, suggests that professor would attract more attentions worldwide by appearing on television.

Furthermore, contrary to the common belief mentioned in the reading passage that university can benefit from professor’s appearance on TV, the lecturer indicates otherwise. In the listening passage, the lecturer states that in order to prepare for such appearance, professor has to spend a great amount of time on make up and traveling. Consequently, more time professor invests in preparing for TV appearances, less time students would get for academic advises. Therefore, appearing on TV would have detrimental effects on students and university.

Last but not least, the reading suggests that the audiences would learn substantiated knowledge from professor’s public lecture. Nevertheless, the lecturer contends that public would not gain any educational material from television lecture presented by the professor, because the TV director wants to present easily intelligible content or brief background information rather than serious academics to the audiences. Therefore, the content of the lecture would be similar to the reports given by TV reporters. In retrospect, all the main points in the reading passage have been completely contradicted by the lecturer.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-11 15:37:49 |只看该作者
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students who keep their rooms neat and organized will be more successful than students who do not.

When you walk into a student room in an American college dormitory nowadays, it is highly possible that you will find clothes and garbage all over the place. Although some may argue that cleanliness is irrelevant to a person’s achievement, from my point of view, I firmly believe a student who keeps his room well organized is more likely to succeed because a well developed daily habit could indicate a person’s character and attitude.

To begin with, surprisingly students with optimistic and outgoing characteristics are more likely to clean up their rooms than students who are pessimistic and shy. According to a statistics tallied by the Northwestern Chronicle last month, seventy-five percent of students who have clean and organized rooms in Northwestern University possess a positive and cheerful personality. Furthermore, based on historical accounts, these two attributes are essential to the future success of humans.

Moreover, diligence plays a vital role in determine the later stage achievement of students. More importantly, assiduous students work harder on their studies, put more effort into work and crave more for success than lazy students. Meanwhile, students who routinely organize their rooms are often discovered to be more attentive than those who would prefer to sleep and enjoy time rather than clean up their rooms. Therefore, it is fair to conclude student who keeps his room clean has a better start than his indolent peers.

It is true that students should devote more time and energy into their studies since their primary goals in school are to obtain a high GPA and get prepared for employment. However, keeping rooms neat and organized is not going to use up a great amount of time for students. It is absolutely possible for students to acquire good grades and clean up their room simultaneously.

Therefore, since students’ character and attitude could be used to measure how successful student will turn out to be, we can safely arrive at the conclusion that students should keep their room clean and organized all the time.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-13 19:37:52 |只看该作者
最后一篇了~明天考试
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Being creative, rather than planning carefully, will come up with best solution to a problem?

In the United States, most high schools place a high value on creativity and try to inspire their students to think as imaginatively as possible. Although many may argue that creativity is the key to success, from my point of view, I firmly believe that a well prepared plan is the best solution to a problem because it consist an organized procedure and a well developed structure.

To begin with, an old English saying goes, “God will always award success to those who are prepared”. History witnesses and provides many examples. Thomas Edison, one of the greatest inventors in American history, had failed one thousand times before he could find the appropriate material for the light bulb. To further illustrate, the length of bulb’s lasting hours was continuously increasing every time he chooses a new material. In a word, without the previous unsuccessful attempts, he would not be able to know what material he should be looking for. Therefore, it is fair to conclude that a well planned attempt is more likely to yield to a triumph than a spontaneous thinking.

Moreover, creativity is simply an outer layer of a thorough plan. If the plan has a fully developed structure, it might not be able to produce the best product on Earth, but it is able to generate something decent. For instance, according to the history of steam boat, English man Alexander Memes manufactured the first steam boat in 1890s with a plan that was derived from his original scheme twenty years ago. In fact, both of these two plans shared the same principle. Therefore, the fundamental base of a meticulous planning could be incredibly beneficial for the future development.

It is true that creativity plays a vital role in the success of some greatest inventors in the world such as Steve Jobs and Thomas Edinbury. However, they did not achieve their final triumph for granted. Taking a close look to their achievements, it is not hard to find that almost every one of them had invested tons of time and energy in their thinking and studies. Therefore, a well planned scheme, consisting effort and fundamental principles, is indeed the most crucial element toward the final success.

使用道具 举报

RE: sean的作文帖 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
sean的作文帖