帖子

人文版offer勋章 美国offer勋章

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2020-3-15 04:34:26 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
这是楼主在美第二年,读博第一年。
不是专家,是凡人。却也可以说,从一个凡人的角度真真实实见证了冠状病毒传播的跨国差异。

从一开始只担心家人的安危,到后来感受到国家上下一条心冠状病毒得以控制,
到现在冠状病毒在国外肆虐,却眼睁睁见证周围的大环境不重视、政府要钱不要命,而海外的同僚眼睁睁看着疫情扩散,演奏着"yesterday once more"的曲子,却什么也不能做......

于是在2020年3月13号,楼主的学校被改成网课,lab变成线上,在不知美国的朋友们得知改成网课的消息后,是更焦虑还是更兴奋以后,
我决定写下这篇文章:让更多的人知道冠状病毒的危害--它不是流感. 过去不是,现在不是,将来更不是;
它更不会因为某些人更自信,或者认为自己医疗水平更高,就变成流感;
Unfortunately, CORONAVIRUS IS NOT A FLU.

原意只写给lab的朋友,并且share在lab公共文档上; 但是发现这篇文章让美国朋友更有感触以后,现在觉得,似乎让更多人知道,也许不是件坏事.

题目: If It were a flu

Coronavirus is NOT a flu.

It is never as downplayed as Trump says.

If it were a flu, Chinese government would not have locked the city Wuhan;

If it were a flu, Chinese people would not have cooperated with the government to stay at home for the entire 2 months (I mean literally really not stepping out their gate for 2 months)

If it is were a flu, doctors and nursers would not have fought at the frontier of the battle filed to risk their lives.

As an ordinary Chinese citizen who cares about my country, my people, my relatives, my family members, and my love, I kept all my nerve on the spreading of corona-virus for the past two months.

I have witnessed the death of doctors who fought to save others' lives; he is young and promising, with pregnant wife;

I have witnessed the death of a whole family from the youngest son to the middle-aged parents, to the oldest grandpa;

I have witnessed the petition of two grandparents who gave up their chances to be cured, but left the last bed in the hospital for their 7-year-old grandson;

I have witnessed the help signal from Wuhan city, and touched by the volunteers from all over the country who wrote his/her testament and stepped firm into Wuhan;

I have witnessed............so many scenes and news
that are more than I can describe.

What I underwent alone during the past 2 months might not be experienced by you, because that place seems far away from here; and most importantly, you do not have a loved one to care, to pray to the god "please take everything away from me to get them intact"...

What I mean is:
CORONAVIRUS is really NOT a flu;
it is contagious, and could be severe and deadly.

It is NOT something we should underestimate, because what China was suffering over the past 2 months was eating its own fruits of underestimating its severity.

If we know coronavirus is not a flu, how can we deal with it?

The best way to kill fear is to know our enemy well
--that is to know coronavirus well.

Why is it scary?
Why does it cause the same symptom as a flu?
Why does it have such a long incubation period?

I have attached a link of its introduction for you:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/a ... 33.788.videocard.13

From this 8 min's introduction, you will know

a. coronavirus is a good actor; it's good at pretending itself and sneaking into a person's body;
b. coronavirus is a merciless producer; it takes the place of DNA and replicates the offspring of its own for millions of times, until it's very late for immune system to detect its existence;
c. coronavirus causes symptoms of fever, sore, running nose; those are actually the reaction of your own immune system to fight back;
d. the transferring methods of coronavirus include saliva in the air, in the food, on items, on doorknobs, on the table, outside of facial masks....literally everywhere you are able to touch.

1. therefore, washing hands often and not touching our eyes or noses could be a way to reduce the chance of transferring;
HOWEVER, it is not the primary one. If we clean our hands, we also need to clean any items that have a chance to get exposed to coronavirus;

2. therefore, wearing facial masks is important, to protect both you and the people you are talking with;

3. therefore, avoiding getting exposed to population-intense places is important, where you have no idea of everyone's health condition;

4. therefore, staying at home is important, to prevent virus spreading and getting a chance to be exposed.

I also attach a vivid and succinct comic pictures to teach how to protect yourself over the two weeks. Please see attachment.
<发现这里没法attach......>

7 months ago,
I took a 17 hours' flight from a Chinese southern town to Tempe in US;
I traveled 11657 kilometers over the pacific;
I stepped onto the land of US, knowing no one;
In an alien country, I have no home.
However, the lab gradually becomes my home;
Dr. B, and Dr. G, and everyone who is so nice here are the ones I feel home, and the ones I want to have a reason to protect.

I DO WANT EVERYONE OF YOU, HEALTHY, HAPPY, AND EMBRACE THE DAY WE COLLECTIVELY OVERCOME THIS DIFFICULTY.

YL
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: 面对冠状病毒,我们也需要让他们知道 <IF IT WERE A FLU> [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发