2006-4-17
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2006-5-9 22:40:03 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
注意:

1.英文部分为胡敏《读故事,记单词--新GRE核心词汇》一书中的相关章节故事;
  (该书按顺序在200个故事中囊括了所有GRE红宝书单词,每个故事中40-50个单词)
2.中文部分为偶的翻译,仅仅为了帮助理解和记忆,不一定正确,更不全面;
3.下划线部分为偶不理解的地方,请各位大侠帮忙;
4.偶10G,单词初次记忆就靠这本书了,不准备用老余的红宝书。欢迎各位就任何部分拍砖!

An Affidavit 一份宣誓书

By my own admission the adjutant had been an affable man.
我认为adjutant是个affable的人。
He was aesthete, especially in his aesthetic affectation for Pre-Raphaelite painters, whose works had affected him deeply as an adolescent.
他是个aesthete,特别体现在对于前拉斐尔期画家的aesthetic affectation行为中。在他adolescent时期这些画作深深地affect了他。
His affection for them saw him assigned to the American embassy, in Germany.
他对于这些画作的affection使得他被assigned到跟随驻德的美国大使。
And it was as a guest atop Hitler’s aerie that he’d come across what his affidavit states: “Were the grandest works of art since the advent of painting itself.”
在Hitler的aerie作客时,要其讲他的affidavit。

It was quite the admission on his part, from this man that I did so admire.
He wasn’t one to adlib and would admonish me when I did so.
他不是个擅长adlib的人,也admonish我别这么干。
I was his advocate, the public defender of the man who would adopt me when I was but a young boy.
我是他的advocate,小时候被其adopt的。
I knew firsthand how much he did adore art, and what a temptation it must have been when presented with all the works that did adorn Hitler’s aerie.
我知道他多么adore艺术,用艺术品adorn起Hitler的老巢来该多诱人啊!
But to affiliate himself with Nazis was something even he had to have known was not advisable.
但是把自己和纳粹affiliate起来可不是件advisable的事情。

He had a degree in aeronautics, and this, too, would see him look with a fair bit of adulation on the German war machine leading up to the war.
他有个aeronautics方面的文凭,于是他就小小给了些adulation。
What his government was so keenly interested in knowing more about, as well.
美国政府在这方面很感兴趣。
My father was an admix of emotions, what didn’t see him adjust his thinking, and acknowledge those he’d adulate were to be considered his country’s adversary.
我父亲是个情绪的admix,…adjust其思维…认为是国家的adversary。
He wasn’t very adroit, he could be considered adventitious in his decisions at times.
他不是很adroit,他会被认为是adventitious.
And I did argue that to adulterate his sentence.

My advocacy, though, did bring him comfort in his adversity.
在adversity中,我的advocacy安慰了他。
It’s just he had become an advert, what I feel did adumbrate what would come to pass.
And with his becoming an advert, an example, he’d lose any aegis his peers might have lent him.
他成为advert的一个结果是,他失去了同行的aegis。
It was with adjuration that I asked them to speak on his behalf, but to do so would have an adverse affect on their careers.
我adjuration他为自己利益而讲话,但是这么做会对他们的职业会有adverse的影响。
The judge that would adjudicate the case did eventually adjourn the trial, to aerate the courtroom.
在法院,adjudicate这个案子的法官最后决定adjourn审讯,使法庭aerate起来。
And it was I who left my father in a room which would adjoin said courtroom, one just adjacent, yet far enough, to hear the gunshot as a muffled thud.
我把父亲留在一间adjoin法庭的房间里,听到了通过消声器发出的开枪声音。
My feet raced towards that room as if there’d been adhesive stuck to their soles.
我冲向那边,好像鞋底粘了adhesive。
As an adjunct I can only add it was an adherent of my nation’s highest ideals who shot my father, for being a traitor to them.
最后作为adjunct的一点信息,是国家最高理想的adherent刺杀了父亲。
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-5-7
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2006-5-9 23:26:10 |只看该作者
这个记忆方法不错,支持!