寄托币
注册时间
2007-10-18
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-11-11 21:07:20 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Issue84"In any field of endeavor, it is impossible to make a significant contribution without first being strongly influenced by past achievements within that field."

如果在一开始没有一个研究领域以前的研究成果巨大影响,在这个领域不可能取得有意义的成功
Outline:
1.     past achievement provide a possible way to think over the matters and it’s a kind of experience cannot proved to be a guarantee to success
2.     not only science but the art are developing rapidly it is impossible to stick to the outmoded path to gain achievement in the particular fields
3.     we are not deny the role of past achievement, we just emphasize the importance of innovation, coz no innovation no development
4.     in sum, both past experience and the innovation should be used in the field of experiment and researching
examples: 1Archimedes the greatest mathematician of his agecontribute to geometry revolutionized the subject and his methods anticipated the integral calculus 2,000 years before Newton and Leibniz. He was also  thoroughly practical man who invented a wide variety of machines including pulleys and the Archimidean screw pumping device. 2.Newton

There are many theories concerning the problems in either field of science or art, which are thoroughly influenced and finally formulated by the past achievements. Undoubtedly , a new invention is born depend strongly on numerous factors such as the relative experience handed down by the predecessors and the apparatus invited in the experiments. However, only past achievement is far from being accomplished. To make a significant contribution in any field , it is required to lie both in past achievements and the innovations.
  In my point of view, I think the past achievements provide us with a source of routine that may lead to a correct or proper direction through the researching proceeds. It is certificated in term of scientific development as well as the art accomplishments. Simply put, without the theories and experiences from past achievements, our society would find itself bogged down in a nonsensical circle. Take discoveries in biology for example, before telescope was invited, cells which united all creatures were only a illusion from scientists. Contractures of our organs would be a mystery in a long run. After telescope leaded into biology field , the history of science moved to a era of cytology and molecular biology, meanwhile genetics become a hot topic aroused arguments around biology field. Thus , it’s capable for us to know deeper and further to the mechanism of our body, our life even through out the entire natural.
  This is not to deny the efforts human beings made to create the new ways of developing. On contrary , In my opinion, I h  old that the innovation human beings make is somehow more significant than the formulated rules predecessors claimed. Archimedes, the greatest mathematician of his age, has untold accomplishments such as the approximation of π between 3-1/2 and 3-10/71 which was the most accurate of his time and he devised a new way to approximate square roots, considered one of the most creative scientists in history. Meanwhile, his methods anticipated the integral calculus 2,000 years before Newton and Leibniz, and he was also thoroughly practical man who invented a wide variety of machines including pulleys and the Achimidean screw pumping device. All the accomplishments he made indicated that innovation’s always the most powerful promotion of human history.
  Overall , whether you are for it or not , past achievements brings us various inspirations through most parts of our life and invited the most practice and instrumental method to obtain the new discoveries. As the greatest English mathematician Newton once said “If I have been able to see further, it was only because I stood on the shoulders of giants.” This illustrates the point that we should make full use of the past achievements becoming a guidance to our development. This , however, hardly seems a sufficient way to gain our goals in most fields , we also emphasize a creation and innovation in path to the researching. Science as well as art, literature, education, etc. are calling for new means and up-to-date minds in discovering more significant matters that would contribute to our life and society. It would be more than efficient to go with both past achievements and innovations we make. Only in that way can we achieve more accomplishments in a long run.

[ 本帖最后由 anitaxwon 于 2007-11-11 21:39 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-2-24
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-11-14 00:33:58 |只看该作者
There are many theories concerning the problems in either field of science or art, which are thoroughly influenced and finally formulated by the past achievements. Undoubtedly , a new invention is born depend strongly on numerous factors such as the relative experience handed down by the predecessors and the apparatus invited in the experiments.(有语法错误,两个动词is born depend) However, only past achievement is far from being accomplished. To make a significant contribution in any field , it is required to lie both in past achievements and the innovations.
  In my point of view, I think the past achievements provide us with a source of routine that may lead to a correct or proper direction through the researching proceeds. It is certificated in term of scientific developments as well as the art accomplishments. Simply put(这是什么意思啊), without the theories and experiences from past achievements, our society would find itself bogged down in a nonsensical circle. Take discoveries in biology for example, before telescope(这是望远镜,应该是microscope) was invited, cells which united all creatures were only a illusion from scientists. Contractures of our organs would be a mystery in a long run. After telescope leaded into biology field , the history of science moved to a era of cytology and molecular biology, meanwhile genetics become a hot topic aroused arguments around biology field. Thus , it’s capable for us to know deeper and further to the mechanism of our body, our life even through out the entire natural.
  This is not to deny the efforts human beings made to create the new ways of developing. On contrary , In my opinion, I h  old that the innovation human beings make is somehow more significant than the formulated rules predecessors claimed. Archimedes, the greatest mathematician of his age, has untold accomplishments such as the approximation of π between 3-1/2 and 3-10/71 which was the most accurate of his time and he devised a new way to approximate square roots, considered one of the most creative scientists in history. Meanwhile, his methods anticipated the integral calculus 2,000 years before Newton and Leibniz, and he was also thoroughly practical man who invented a wide variety of machines including pulleys and the Achimidean screw pumping device. All the accomplishments he made indicated that innovation’s always the most powerful promotion of human history.
  Overall , whether you are for it or not , past achievements brings us various inspirations through most parts of our life and invited the most practice(practical) and instrumental method to obtain the new discoveries. As the greatest English mathematician Newton once said “If I have been able to see further, it was only because I stood on the shoulders of giants.” This illustrates the point that we should make full use of the past achievements becoming a guidance to our development(语法有错误). This , however, hardly seems a sufficient way to gain our goals in most fields , we also emphasize a creation and innovation in path to the researching. Science as well as art, literature, education, etc. are calling for new means and up-to-date minds in discovering more significant matters that would contribute to our life and society. It would be more than efficient to go with both past achievements and innovations we make. Only in that way can we achieve more accomplishments in a long run.

使用道具 举报

RE: issue84奋斗小组第十五次作业 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
issue84奋斗小组第十五次作业