注册时间
2005-9-12
精华
帖子

Aquarius水瓶座 Golden Apple VISA版特殊贡献 荣誉版主 寄托兑换店纪念章

楼主
发表于 2007-5-7 10:54:30 |显示全部楼层
vo:What will you do in USA?
S:go to the university ** to pursuit my doctoral degree in transportation. The university is strong in this area and its phd program matches my interest, academic background and my career goal well. (vo一直低头不理) 说的太多.后面说的没意义. 一般VO都会问学校或者专业的,没必要这里说. 答非所问..感觉就是背书了.

vo:Whatwill you study?
S: I will concencrate on transportation science. I think this area will become hotter and hotter in china because of China’s increasingly terrible traffic conditions.
同样错误.后面一句和这个问题没啥关系..还不如多说点专业东西..让VO了解你的确明白和了解所学专业..

vo:What is your graduate major?
S: applied math. i specilize in operations research

vo:so you are changing your major. Why are you interested in this major?
S:I think this major would have a bright future in china. China will need more transportation professionals like me 啥都还没学呢,转专业的....to address its traffic problem. And this major is an important application of what I have learned before. Moreover, my former advisor specilizes in this major. I begun to doing research on this area two years ago.(被打断。。。)
要从自己的职业规划来说...专业热门,教授推荐等等...都不是出之主管的,动机不明..

vo:why this univ?
S:the university is strong in this area and it even has a center for it.
Its phd program matches my interest and academic background. My future advisor is a renowned Chinese scholar. I think I can learn more knowledge and get more research experience from him. Moreover, his(被打断。。。)
强调多次了,要和自己所学的情况符合,并不是学校好就一定match...而且主要强调学校能交给自己什么东西..

vo:what are you doing now? what is your position?
S:I left campus only two months ago. And I am doing some research work on operations research and transportation with my former advisor. I am engaged in a national research project.
vo:so...you are unemployed now....do u have your transcripts?.. and resume. And your offer letter.
S:Yes, here are the transcripts from all the universities i have attended and my resume offer letter.

vo:边看边问what will you do after graduation?
S:I will come back to china and find a position as a researcher or professor in university. China is paying more attention to its traffic problems nowadays. And China’s transportation is becoming an important focus of investment.  China will need more professionals to manage its transportation infrastructures and systems. So there would be more opportunities for me in china.(被打断...)
中国需要和归国没有必然联系..这个就有点空泛,说大话了..

vo:why do you think you will not have opportunities in US?
S:this specialty is relatively mature and there have been lots of top professionals like my future advisor in your country. That’s why I want to learn from you. However, it also means the space left for me in your country is very limit. (被打断..)
这个问题看似尖锐,实际上是VO给你再一次机会说明留学动机和发展..这里有点答非所问..回答美国没有机会就业做什么.入套了.. 应该强调学习对自己的发展很重要,已经决定今后往这个专业发展等等.还是在说归国计划..

vo:do you have relatives in us?
S:no
vo:what are your parents do?
S:mother retired. My father had been working in 某国 for eigth years and he return China last year.
vo:似乎是沉默了一会,do you have any bank statement?
S:yes, here you are(他事先开了10W存款证明)摆手没要。资金问题信息不多..不过看这样的情况,应该没多大问题..

vo:do you have any houses?
S;no,这里不要这样答..直接就说my family has two houses....认为有继承关系的.可以加强国内联系.. but my parents have two houses and they have set aside one for me. here are the 房产证.do you want to see it?
vo:no. i am sorry i cannot give you visa this time. you cannot convice me you will come back. Sorry.
S;傻眼

总的来说,两个地方有点不太好..
1,不太结合自己情况.转专业的更要注意结合自身情况,不要给VO感觉是在跟风(跟热门专业)...
2,回答的时候要注意VO问的重点,不要答非所问..

[ 本帖最后由 magic_zhao 于 2007-5-6 21:00 编辑 ]
佛曰:人在荆棘中,不动不刺。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-9-12
精华
帖子

Aquarius水瓶座 Golden Apple VISA版特殊贡献 荣誉版主 寄托兑换店纪念章

沙发
发表于 2007-5-7 12:21:28 |显示全部楼层
个人兴趣和热门...
这两个问题是需要一定结合..
说强调热门,是为了便于解释归国计划...至少不会学了找不到工作,没法发展.
但是在选专业这个地方,最好以兴趣来说..如果是说热门,那么有增大移民倾向的意图....选的是容易找工作的,那么也可能容易留美国.
怎么平衡要自己考虑...
不好一言概全的..
佛曰:人在荆棘中,不动不刺。

使用道具 举报

RE: 转一个身边的全奖被据例子,请班主分析(15楼Done) [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华