寄托币
注册时间
2008-12-23
精华
帖子
楼主
发表于 2009-8-15 20:13:40 |显示全部楼层
能帮我看看作文么? 22号就考了...
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Pring books will disappear in twenty years. Give specific examples and reasons to support you position
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to an earlier period in history, with the invention of Papermaking technique in China, printing book come out gradually. Soon printing book becomes the most popular medium that we get knowledge. However, an argument is rising in the beginning of the 21th century that printing books will disappear in twenty years. I, a college student, deeply feel the pulse of technology and hold the opinion that printing books will probably disappear in the future.

First, with the technology developing quickly, the advent of some modern media has played a significant role in education. The mass media like television, radio provides us numerous programs. For example, the BBC learning English program offers us more opportunities to listen to English and speak English. This is what silent printing books cannot be comparable. Hence, since the modern media are always associated with sounds and pictures, who is willing to read printing books?

What's more, through a good and serious movie we may also acquire knowledge, such as the rule of survival, the thinking of the life, viewpoints of the world and the moral norms. All of these are beneficial for us in terms of maturity in spirit, attitude and behavior. Take the movie <<The Pursuit of Happyness>> as an example, after watching this movie, I was shocked. Facing the tremendous pressure from work, family, tax, house and the frustration from the fact, Chris, the protagonist in the movie, struggled for survival and dream every day. Eventually, he succeeded! Happiness is mine (i), not yours (u), and everyone has right to pursue his happiness. What an inspirational and emotive movie it is. And reading one printing book may never reach such an extent.

In addition, there are some other educational medium through Internet is coming out, like distance learning. The internet allows rich and diverse communication by displaying text, graphics, animation, photos, sound and video. Compared with printing book, it in all aspects surpasses the role of printing books. Sociologists state that more and more people are willing to obtain knowledge on the internet because of efficiency, plenty and convenience.

Of course, not ever one enjoys the experience of learning based on modern media and they can also list some undesirable things that may afflict other people. Printing books are convenient to take with while some media are relatively difficult to be with us. And printing books are also touchable and makeable so that we can read it repeatedly, which is a preferable advantage of books.

Despite all the disadvantages, I still believe modern educational media will dominate the education market gradually. Plus with the popularization of high-tech E-books such as makeable PDF reader, disappearance of printing books will be accelerated further in the near future.

使用道具 举报

RE: 20天托福110分---旅狼的作文修改铺子 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
20天托福110分---旅狼的作文修改铺子