声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-23
精华
帖子
楼主
发表于 2010-8-23 05:23:41 |显示全部楼层
This is probably the most descent piece of information I’ve read here. It is much more relevant!
I TOTALLY agree with you on every point you made, 100%!

I studied psychology as an undergrad in US, in a very small private college. I am very interested in clinical psychology and have some experience related to it. I have been and I still am a research assistant for a state-funded project for over a year now, and I have also been doing a lot of volunteer work at a State Hospital. The program I am currently volunteering at is the national top Social Learning Program. I do have direct interaction with all the clients on the ward. I have been sitting in various groups, observe and learn about different kinds of interventions, and also done some administrative paper work for my supervisor, he is the program coordinator. Fortunately all my professors and supervisors are really helpful and actually know me personally. So I would assume I’ll get pretty good letters from them. I graduated in the May, and I’m taking a year off just to build up my CV. I have a few research experiences as well as clinical experiences, but unfortunately I do not have an outstanding GPA (not too good, but not too bad either). I haven’t taken my GRE yet, honestly, I don’t think I will do well on that since I barely studied for it. I am in a process of researching for clinical psych programs, as you mentioned, they are VERY competitive (and it is even more competitive if they have good locations). So here I am, very self-conscious about applying for clinical psych, however it is what I am truly interested in. I really enjoyed working with individual who are profoundly impaired by server mental illness, like schizophrenia. It is amazing (and also heart-breaking) to see how a mental illness destroys a person from inside out. Most of their stories saddened me, and I just wanted to help.

I am awfully curious about what kind of program you applied to or even got accepted in? And if it is possible, will you share with me what do you think helped you the most when you apply? And I have a very specific question about approaching professors in clinical programs I am interested in, what do I talk about or say? I would really appreciate your response. Here is my email:
feili1021@gamil.com., please feel free to contact me! Looking forward to hearing from you!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-23
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2010-9-8 12:22:29 |显示全部楼层
thanks for getting back to me! hope to talk to you soon. : ) good luck on everything!

使用道具 举报

RE: US Grad school for psychology: contemplating the way out [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
US Grad school for psychology: contemplating the way out