声望
寄托币
注册时间
2020-2-1
精华
帖子
楼主
发表于 2023-3-17 15:03:53 |显示全部楼层
allo CanadianJDlawyer, this is Winston, I'm currently studying at UBC, learning French for my BA.

I'm Canadian and I'm not sure whether to take co-op for a whole year in the coming semester coz this would delay my graduation. I choose to do coop for the reason that I heard the job finding is currently super challenging, while coop may give me a priority ticket.

Can you share with us your experience in finding for your job offers? Do you think a coop is helpful for job hunting as a JD or it is just optional or it is not a must?

Thanks for sharing. Eng/CHN at your convenience. Arigadooo

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2020-2-1
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2023-3-18 13:33:06 |显示全部楼层
CanadianJDlawye 发表于 2023-3-18 06:42
Hi Winston,
I think any work experience is helpful for your job searching once you get into law s ...

Hi Canadian JD lawyer,

Tout d'abord, merci beaucoup pour votre patience et votre merveilleux partage. Ça sera très utilise pour moi.

Your opinion on the necessity of coop makes great sense to me. Maybe we can call this the 'diminishing marginal utility of work experience'? LOL Yea it's very important for my study plan in the following 2 years.

Also you mentioned the importance of 1L grades, definitely a good reminder. What I'm trying to practice is to increase my reading speed intentionally (although the readings of the courses have been more than enough).

Anyways, wish you a happy term (finals) in the following months. Will keep an eye on your further updates. Thank you once again, bro.

使用道具 举报

RE: 加拿大法学院JD申请,学习+找工作经验答疑帖 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
加拿大法学院JD申请,学习+找工作经验答疑帖