声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-2 21:21:26 |只看该作者
2012年2月2日

【Y or N】The most important problems affecting our society today could be solved within our lifetime.

It is undeniable that the environmental problem has threatened our society since last century and is getting worse at a high speed. This dramatic disaster happened in only few years due to various factors especially human activities. However, this damage is extraordinary serious that cannot be solved in the foreseeable future and do need the coming generations to keep on working hard on it.

Among all the affects that influence the environment is the most obvious one: air contamination. Recently, the number of private cars has been increasing dramatically resulting in more release of waste gas. One effective way to decrease the amount of waste gas is to plant forest in large areas. However, while people begin to pay attention to the importance of forests, all kinds of need of woods has risen to an unparalleled level. On one hand, people strive to plant trees to protect the environment; on the other hand, even more plants are cutting down for daily use such as furniture. As a result, the total amount of plants actually reduced in the end. That is to say, it takes years to plant all the forest to meet demands, not to mention plant more for environment protection.

In addition, as the proportion of greenhouse gas in the air rises, the global warming emerges with the outcome of the melt of glaciers at alarming rate. The melting of the glaciers could lead to a water shortage and even dry-up of rivers in the long run, and consequent ecological disasters like wetland retreat and desertification. Snow is the prerequisite of the form of glaciers; it snows much less than before all over the world due to global warming. Therefore, once the glacier begins to melt, it takes generations to form again, in other words, it is definitely impossible to form glaciers within our lifetime.

Another sever problem people facing today is the shortage of energy. Take petroleum for example, because it’s wide used in manufacturing oil products, almost all the countries are making great effort on oil exploitation. However, the formation of petroleum is a pretty complicate process beneath the earth surface which takes millions of years. Therefore, it is undoubtedly true that human beings cannot solve the shortage during the lifetime.

According to discussions above, great attention has to be paid on the environment problem which is now affecting our society to a large extent. Although people are incapable of solving it within decades, effective and powerful actions should be taken to protect the only world for living.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-17
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-3 14:37:05 |只看该作者
2月2日 独立 改好了,加油哈!
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-11-25
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-3 15:30:09 |只看该作者
紫色—excellent 组合
绿色-excellent 副词
红色 –advice
The most important problems affecting our society today could be solved within our lifetime.7 p' z; \% ^1 P9 N; b
6 P4 i$ Z. J3 @. m6 T6 i% @

- b, n1 v& d$ ]% Y, W; b  U
It is undeniable that the environmental problem has threatened our society since last century and is getting worse at a high speed. This dramatic disaster happened in only few years due to various factors especially human activities. However, this damage is extraordinary serious that cannot be solved in the foreseeable future and do need the coming generations to keep on working hard on it. &- C' U' R  [- L) |1 h

/ r) |: x4 [1 gAmong all the affects that influence the environment is the most obvious one: air contamination. Recently, the number of private cars has been increasing dramatically resulting in more release of waste gas. One effective way to decrease the amount of waste gas is to plant forest in large areas. However, while people begin to pay attention to the importance of forests, all kinds of need of woods has risen to an unparalleled level. On one hand, people strive to plant trees to protect the environment; on the other hand, even more plants are cutting down for daily use such as furniture. As a result, the total amount of plants actually reduced in the end. That is to say, it takes years to plant all the forest to
meet demands-
这个好啊,我之前是follow demand感觉好像不行。, not to mention plant more for environment protection.这段说水资源 算环境问题
' N6 a$ K& T0 G9 q4 y: N8 Z$ r
. A# @8 G; a/ v' H" DIn addition, as the proportion of greenhouse gas in the air rises, the global warming emerges with the outcome of the melt of glaciers at alarming rate. The melting of the glaciers could lead to a water shortage and even dry-up of rivers in the long run, and consequent ecological disasters like wetland retreat and desertification. Snow is the prerequisite of the form of glaciers; it snows much less than before all over the world due to global warming. Therefore, once the glacier begins to melt, it takes generations to form again, in other words, it is definitely impossible to form glaciers within our lifetime
这段书温室效应. 也是环境问题 6 U, \9 J# y4 x3 j+ ]

9 I# X2 X, H9 P/ X7 k4 [9 dAnother sever->serious\severe problem people facing today is the shortage\insufficient->
保证用词多样性 of energy. Take petroleum for example, because it’s wide used in manufacturing oil products, almost all the countries are making great effort on oil exploitation. However, the formation of petroleum is a pretty complicate process beneath the earth surface which takes millions of years. Therefore, it is undoubtedly true that human beings cannot solve the shortage during the lifetime.—这一段写道好好,很羡慕啊可是这是
这个算是环境问题么?之前我在审题的时候我就在想The most important problems会不会只能说一个问题,后面实在没办法用一整篇都说一个问题。
但是这个能源感觉不能包括在环境里。。。楼主觉得呢?
. _* ^0 }% G7 s4 E. z
- r- y0 W- _1 W1 W! V$ wAccording to discussions above, great attention has to be paid on the environment problem which is now affecting our society to a large extent. Although people are incapable of solving it within decades, effective and powerful actions should be taken to protect the only world for living.

楼主,好文章啊。语法我是超级烂, 看了好几遍 看不出毛病。。。内容上提个小意见,楼主看看。。。一起加油。。。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-4 00:31:09 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 idealibt 于 2012-2-4 15:12 编辑

2012年2月3日

【A or B】 同学提问,你帮助解答还是找专业导师

When one studies in a college or university, it is almost impossible to finish all the schoolwork on his or her own without other's help. In my school, some may prefer to ask me for help while others would like to turn to a professional tutor for assistance instead. In my opinion, which is better depends on circumstances.

Under the condition that I can help to solve problems appropriately, I am readily available to offer help to any classmates all the time. Being ready to help others is of great importance that can help to shape one’s characteristic, through which we can promote connection with classmates resulting in new sincere friendships at the same time. In addition, people can learn about new knowledge when execute the process of teaching others. Take language learning for example, when classmates asked me for the right expression of a foreign language which is my second major, I gave them useful advices without hesitation due to language study in the past. Thanks to the experience of communication with others, I did practice the language myself and got to know more friends in the end.

On the other hand, when it comes to problems that are out of my knowledge and ability, I would recommend my classmates to turn to professional tutors in our school. For one thing, a professional tutor is almost available all the time. During office hours, they offer help to students with enthusiasm and patience, students can easily find them just by stopping at his or her office; after school time, students can seek help throught the phone or internet. For another, professional tutor are trained to provide help for solving various campus problems, like how to adjust mentality when facing difficulties, how to establish social relations, and so on. Professional tutors are indispensible while playing a critical role in students' daily lives. Asking help from them is a good choice when students feel puzzled and helpless, it helps a lot.

In conclusion, when my classmates come to me for assistance, I would exert all my energy to help as far as I can; for those beyond my capability, I would recommend them to contact a professional tutor.

2012/02/04 第一次修改

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-11-25
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-4 12:10:26 |只看该作者
蓝色-学习之
紫色-excellent
红色-correction
绿色-疑问
One of your classmates needs help with some schoolwork. Which solution would you recommend your classmate should do: to ask you for help or to find a professional tutor for help. Include reasons and details to in your response.

When one studies in a college or university, it is almost impossible to finish all the schoolwork on his or her own without other's help. In my school, some may prefer to ask me for help while others would like to turn to a professor tutor for assistance instead. In my opinion, which is better depends on circumstances.

Under the condition that I can help to solve problems appropriately, I am readily available to offer help to any classmates
any 1,、后跟不可数名词使用单数。后跟可数名词时用复数。 all the time. Being ready to help others is of great importance that can help to shape characteristic, through which we can promote connection with classmates resulting in new sincere friendships at the same time. In addition, people can learn about new knowledge when execute the process of teaching others. Take language learning for example, when classmates asked me for the right expression of a foreign language which is my second major, I gave them useful advices without hesitation due to language study in the past. Thanks to the experience of communication with others, I did practice the language myself and got to know more friends in the end—总结好哇。。。学习之.$ c) U+ G: M1 p# p/ }3 [5 j  O

On the other hand, being asked for help-
这个会不会多余啊?, when it comes to problems that are out of my knowledge and ability, I would recommend my classmates to turn to professional tutors in our school. For one thing, a professional tutor—我在担心,tutor会不会指像我中国的家庭教师一样来家里的啊。。我写的时候忘记TUTOR这个单词了,现在我想起来,有点毛。
is almost availed-available all the time. During office hours, they offer help to students with enthusiasm and patience, students can easily find them just by stopping at his or her office; after school time, students can keep in touch with them either by --seek help through这样会不会好点啊
phone or through internet. For another, professional tutor are trained to provide help for solving various campus problems, like how to adjust mentality when facing difficulties, how to establish social relations, and so forth—最好说三个例子以后再so forth? 那天忘记谁给我改作为的时候和我说过 so forth 频率不高,慎用
。先用so on, 如果还需要再用so forth—参考哈.
还有就是,社交和教我们做作业要怎么联系一下?Professional tutors are indispensible while playing a critical role in students' daily lives. Askingfor
help from them is a good choice when students feel puzzled and helpless, they do help a lot.
In conclusion, when my classmates come to me for assistance, I would exert all my energy to help as far as I can;
for those out of –beyond
会不会好点my capability—这个表达好,我也想这么说,表达不来, I would recommend them to contact a professional tutor.

能力有限,一起加油。。羡慕的的语法知识。。加油.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-11-25
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-4 12:11:25 |只看该作者
明明有颜色,复制上来就没有了。比较难看啊,楼主辛苦了。。。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-2-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-4 13:16:42 |只看该作者

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-1-16
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-4 15:35:07 |只看该作者
个人意见 仅供参考~
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
go go~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-4 17:03:44 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 idealibt 于 2012-2-5 21:48 编辑

2012年2月4日

【A or B】 电子邮件 or Phone

For the sake of achieving seamless communication with others, numerous methods are available for people owning to various advanced tools such as telephone and internet. When it comes to rather complicated problems, including upsetting or controversial ones, some may like to use e-mail or text messaging, while others prefer more direct ways like making phone calls or sending voice message. However, I would rather choose the former to contact others for following reasons.

E-mail, a gradually indispensible nonverbal communication, has been playing an increasingly important role in modern life. There are great deals of advantages of text communication. Typing or texting messages provides people more time to consider more about the expression and words which are of great importance when reffering to certain problems. In addition, it makes large amount of information available all at once which cannot be achieved as much effectively by making a few calls. For the most part, by using e-mail or text messaging, people can easily send photographic information as well as other essential relevant attachments.

Moreover, texted message can be easily saved and accessed afterwards. Whenever people want to check or review the discussion, all they need to do is to turn on the computer or look up in the cell phones. For example, if one wants to find the content discussed a few days ago or even months ago, by virtue of the date ranking function, people can easily find the e-mail of a certain date in only a few seconds. Obviously, when people have to search previous messages, it is absolutely more convenient to communicate through e-mail rather than voice message.

Finally, E-mail and other texted messaging are less constrained by circumstances such as telecom signal and noise. In many cases, people choose to use e-mail after the failure of making phone calls. Under noisy environment, people can hardly be heard clearly as well as being in places where signals are pretty weak. On the contrary, e-mail is almost available anywhere no matter how noisy it is.  In conclusion, I believe that one can be benefit a lot from e-mail communication quickly, inexpensively and readily.

2012年2月5日 第一次修改(微调)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-5 00:44:55 |只看该作者
2012年2月4日2 K& Z* e5 n& X
( ?) ~, E  ~" \
【A or B】 电子邮件 or Phone
When people need to discuss upseting or controversial problems with others, some people prefer to use e-mail or text messaging, other like to use telephone or voice messaging. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to support your answer.( A; h5 u+ a* ~
紫色

紫色是我要学习之  灰色是删除   蓝色是疑惑  棕色是替换 补充或修改
: l' G% S  J
$ f9 M" B. X! Q2 Z6 e/ h
For the sake of achieving seamless communication with others, numerous methods are available for people owning to various advanced tools such as telephone and internet. When it comes to rather complicated problems, including upsetting or controversial ones, some may like to use e-mail or text messaging, while others prefer more direct ways like making phone calls or sending voice message. However, I would rather choose the former to contact others for following reasons.7 M; W6
这第一段写的太好了  一看就和好多用模板的不一样  学习!!!!
L
4 Y  c& l, Q) K( k0 H6 r
E-mail, a gradually indispensible nonverbal communication,这个释义太好了 泪流满面 has been playing an increasingly 没查到这个词 important role in modern life. There are great deals of advantages of text communication. Typing or texting messages 后者我明白 但是前者 于后者是可以并列的关系吗 provides people more time to consider more about the expression and words which are of great importance when talking about certain problems. In addition, it makes large amount of information available all at once which cannot be achieved as much effectively by making a few calls. For the most part, by using e-mail or text messaging, people can easily send photographic information as well as other essential relevant attachments.Moreover, texted message can be easily saved and accessed afterwards. Whenever people want to check or review the discussion, all they need to do is to turn on the computer or look up in the cell phones. For example, if one wants to find the content discussed a few days ago or even months ago, by virtue of the date ranking function, people can easily find the e-mail of a certain date in only a few seconds. Even if one forgets about the exact date, he or she can find out whatever needed by typing key words owning to the strong searching service. Obviously, when people have to search previous messages, it is absolutely more convenient to communicate through e-mail rather than voice message.% ^* l2 @, G/ y7 m
我完全是抱着学习的心态看在看  楼主的好几个论点非常精彩 我完全没有想到 比如说方面保存和读取 还有层次很分明 好文

Finally, E-mail and other texted messaging are less constrained by circumstances such as telecom signal and noise. In many cases, people choose to use e-mail after the failure of making phone calls. Under noisy environment, people can hardly be heard clearly as well as being in places where signals are pretty weak. On the contrary, e-mail is almost available anywhere no matter how noisy it is.

In conclusion, I believe that one can be benefit a lot from e-mail communication quickly, inexpensively and readily

收尾也好干净利落  几个论点都角度非常好 BODY也很精彩  层次结果文笔词汇  都是我要学习的  几乎没有挑出什么错误  唯一想提出建议的一点是 鉴于老美对数字和数据调查和实例的钟爱  楼主如果把某个分论点的论证部分加一个调查结果进去或者实例的话  我想就完美了

还有就是其实如果水平达到了楼主这样的话 不按照传统安全的五段论式来写 原来也可以很精彩的                                                         ——坏绿
这是我不愿醒来的梦。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-11-25
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-5 16:54:41 |只看该作者
When people need to discuss upseting or controversial problems with others, some people prefer to use e-mail or text messaging, other like to use telephone or voice messaging. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to support your answer.

Q7 i
For the sake of achieving seamless communication with others, numerous methods are available for people owning to-不大对劲,楼主意思应该是使用吧?换下啦? various advanced tools such as telephone and internet. When it comes to rather complicated problems, including upsetting or controversial ones, some may like to use e-mail or text messaging, while others prefer more direct ways like making phone calls or sending voice message. However, I would rather choose the former to contact others for following reasons.$ R3 C! S- g% x0 Q

E-mail, a gradually indispensible nonverbal --天哪,红宝词汇耶,膜拜。communication, has been playing an increasingly important role in modern life. There are great deals of advantages of text communication. Typing or texting messages provides people more time to consider more about the expression and words which are of great importance when talking about certain problems. In addition, it makes large amount of information available all at once which cannot be achieved as much effectively by making a few calls. For the most part, by using e-mail or text messaging, people can easily send photographic information as well as other essential relevant attachments--这个论点好啊,但是感觉还可以拓展下,提一下这些图片好处啊.个人意见哈。

Moreover, texted message can be easily saved and accessed afterwards. Whenever people want to check or review the discussion-好论据。。, all they need to do is to turn on the computer or look up in the cell phones. For example, if one wants to find the content discussed a few days ago or even months ago, by virtue of the date ranking function, people can easily find the e-mail of a certain date in only a few seconds. Even if one forgets about the exact date, he or she can find out whatever needed by typing key words owning to the strong searching service--这个感觉不用说了,有点偏离,讲起来怎么找到信息和题目就无关了哈?对不. Obviously, when people have to search previous messages, it is absolutely more convenient to communicate through e-mail rather than voice message.

Finally, E-mail and other texted messaging are less constrained by circumstances such as telecom signal and noise. In many cases, people choose to use e-mail after the failure of making phone calls. Under noisy environment,--反驳的好。 people can hardly be heard clearly as well as being in places where signals are pretty weak. On the contrary, e-mail is almost available anywhere no matter how noisy it is.

u) m! I2 E. D% j( q
In conclusion, I believe that one can be benefit a lot from e-mail communication quickly, inexpensively and readily.--结尾再掰点吧,这个很重要的呢。。。

这篇写得真好。真的是很狠好。唉。。学习了。。。加油!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-2-1
精华
帖子

备考先锋 AW小组活动奖 IBT Zeal IBT Smart Virgo处女座 满1年在任版主 US-applicant

发表于 2012-2-5 19:14:25 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 sodapeng 于 2012-2-5 19:17 编辑

Idea想乖
【A or B】 电子邮件 or Phone
When people need to discuss upseting or controversial problems with others, some people prefer to use e-mail or text messaging, other like to use telephone or voice messaging. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to support your answer.

For the sake of achieving seamless communication with others, numerous methods are available for people owning to various advanced tools such as telephone and internet. (好句,学习~~~)When it comes to rather complicated problems, including upsetting or controversial ones, some may like to use e-mail or text messaging, while others prefer more direct ways like making phone calls or sending voice message. However, I would rather choose the former to contact others for following reasons.

E-mail, a gradually indispensible nonverbal communication,(这里的同位语很精彩~) has been playing an increasingly important role in modern life. There are great deals of advantages of text communication. Typing or texting messages provides people more time to consider more about the expression and words which are of great importance when talking about (个人感觉这里换成 referring to 会比较好) certain problems. In addition, it makes large amount of information available all at once which cannot be achieved as much effectively by making (把by making 改为 as 会比较清晰简洁吧) a few calls. For the most part, by using e-mail or text messaging, people can easily send photographic information as well as other essential relevant attachments.
Moreover, texted message can be easily saved and accessed afterwards. Whenever people want to check or review the discussion, all they need to do is to turn on the computer or look up in the cell phones. For example, if one wants to find the content discussed a few days ago or even months ago, by virtue of the date ranking function, people can easily find the e-mail of a certain date in only a few seconds. Even if one forgets about the exact date, he or she can find out whatever needed by typing key words owning to the strong searching service. Obviously, when people have to search previous messages, it is absolutely more convenient to communicate through e-mail rather than voice message.
Finally, E-mail and other texted messaging are less constrained by circumstances such as telecom signal and noise. In many cases, people choose to use e-mail after the failure of making phone calls. Under noisy environment, people can hardly be heard clearly as well as being in places where signals are pretty weak. On the contrary, e-mail is almost available anywhere no matter how noisy it is. (木有信号的地方肿么连上网。。?wi-fi么。。?那不是也受地理环境限制么。。这个的论证有些勉强。不过noise 却是很好的~)
In conclusion, I believe that one can be benefit a lot from e-mail communication quickly, inexpensively and readily.
总体来说是一篇很好的文啊,几乎没有什么错误,而且论点很好,很多我都没有想到,看来我以后要多加强逻辑训练了= =。。。文字也很好,句子很亮~~
希望以及为了希望所付出的醉生梦死般的努力,才是我们青春存在的意义。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-6 09:18:52 |只看该作者
2012年1月4日 作业
2012年2月6日 修改

【A or B】:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

People can take care of their family members better when they live in big cities than in the countryside.

It is true that people can take good care of their family members if only they try their best and contribute to it no matter where they are; it is also true that people can achieve this better when they live in big cities rather than in rural areas. Living in big cities provides us lives of higher quality both materially and mentally, as well as advanced systematic infrastructures.

First of all, there are more job opportunities readily available in metropolis than in small towns, and the qualities of the positions are much better. In most cases, people working in big cities earn more money than their counterpart who live in the countryside. As a result, most city dwellers are capable of affording high kindergarten fees for their children whereas residents in the countryside might be forced to spend primarily on basic needs instead. Moreover, whenever their family members feel tired they could bring them a wonderful travell experience without worrying about fees. Thanks to higher salaries in big cities, people living in big cities can offer their family members better lives from the aspect of material.

Meanwhile, living in big cities allows family members to enjoy various spiritual lives much easier. For those who live in a small town, it may take them hours to go to the theater, museum or art exhibition which often located in the center of the city. Also, there are fewer chances to join academic reports or seminars held by universities and scientific institutions for the same reason. On the contrary, living in the downtown brings people plenty of convenience to enjoy their spiritual lives with family members.

Finally but not the least, big cities have better infrastructures which brings about pretty much convenience for family members. Take healthy, the most important thing for every family member, for example, medical facilities in the countryside in not progressive enough and it may waste precious time for saving lives when emergency surgeries are needed. As far as education is concerned, people living in big cities can send their children to famous schools of high education qualities. What's more, they could go to the office or dating location by subway which is environmentally friendly; the list goes on and on.

For discussions above, I  believe that, compared with living in countryside, people can take care of the family better in urban areas.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-1-8
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-7 09:08:33 |只看该作者
谢楼主的remind~受用~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币