使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-4-1 11:22:35 |只看该作者
TPO18 Independent Composition: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends.

Who play the more important role in the development of students, teachers or friends? In my opinion, friends influence students more, because of more time spent together, more personal attention and no generation gap.
First, students spend more time with their friends than with their teachers. Some teachers are only accessible to students in classes. Although some others have office hours that allow students to come to their offices, only a few students take the opportunity. For example, when I worked as the cleaner of teacher's offices in the last semester, generally there were only two or three students going to a teacher's office every day. In comparison, students spend much more time with their friends. Friends have lunch and dinner together, playing basketball together, go shopping together, traveling together. With more time been spend together, one can be easily influenced by his/her friends.
What's more, students get much more personal attention from their friends. With so many students in one class, it is impossible for a teacher to pay attention to every student. When a student fails to understand the lecture or has some other problems, the teacher often doesn't notice it. Even when the teacher finds the student's problem, he/she may decide not to fix it because of the limited time of the class. However, a friend is much more accessible. When I learnt swimming, I had great difficulty in how to breathe. I asked my teacher for help, but he just said I need more practice and turned to other students requiring help. At that time, one of my roommates and friends, Haoyang Xia, showed me how to breathe and corrected my wrong position. I wouldn't blame my teacher; it is impossible for him to pay enough attention to every student in a thirty people class.
Another advantage of friends is usually they are peers of students. After all, different age of people have different ways to think. When teachers who are much older than students try to convince students something, students often hold different opinions about teachers' argument. Additionally, as psychologists pointed out, young students often intentionally challenge their teachers. But when friends, as peers, offer students some suggestions, students are more likely to follow their advice.
让生如夏花般绚烂

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-9-11
精华
帖子

AUandNZ Award 烤鸭大厨 Golden Apple 美版守护者 寄托之心勋章 寄托与我 Aquarius水瓶座 寄托优秀版主 AW作文修改奖 IBT Zeal IBT Smart IBT Elegance GRE斩浪之魂 GRE守护之星 分享之阳 德意志之心 新加坡SG ADVISOR 新加坡SG ASSISTANT 新加坡SG APPLICANT 寄托兑换店纪念章 2015 US-applicant 寄托16周年纪念勋章 荣誉版主 FALL祈福章

发表于 2012-3-31 18:34:09 |只看该作者
嗨,怕什么,想当年我也是托福考新题,哈哈 24# 秋雁北飞

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-9-11
精华
帖子

AUandNZ Award 烤鸭大厨 Golden Apple 美版守护者 寄托之心勋章 寄托与我 Aquarius水瓶座 寄托优秀版主 AW作文修改奖 IBT Zeal IBT Smart IBT Elegance GRE斩浪之魂 GRE守护之星 分享之阳 德意志之心 新加坡SG ADVISOR 新加坡SG ASSISTANT 新加坡SG APPLICANT 寄托兑换店纪念章 2015 US-applicant 寄托16周年纪念勋章 荣誉版主 FALL祈福章

发表于 2012-3-31 18:33:47 |只看该作者
23# 秋雁北飞
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-31 16:50:37 |只看该作者
22# 秋雨荆州 去看了一下 好嘛 414是新题日 看来我只能托福初体验了
让生如夏花般绚烂

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-31 16:29:03 |只看该作者
TPO16 独立写作The best way to travel is in a group led by a tour guide.
With modern technology making transportation much more convenient than before, traveling is becoming more and more popular. When asked about whether they prefer travel in groups with tour guides, different people have different opinions. However, as far as I'm concerned, traveling alone seems much more interesting.
First of all, traveling alone offers one more freedom in choosing path of the tour. Different people have different favorite places. For example, when traveling in Beijing, someone may be interested in the Forbidden City, while others may prefer to spend more time in the Summer Place or the Great Wall. It is impossible for a tour guide to cater everyone's need. If I travel in a group, chance is that although I have been to the Great Wall for several times before and have no interest in it any more, I have to go there only because others want to. On the other side, if I travel alone, I can freely plan my tour according to my own desire. I can even contemporarily change my path when I find something attractive during the tour.
What's more, some place can be less exciting with too much people there. Sometime it is the wildness of the place that attract people. For an instance, I often climb mountains with few people on them. Climbing a mountain alone, I can enjoy the bird singing, feel the wind and relax myself. However, in a group, I can only hear people's talking. What's worse, with the guide endlessly talking about every site on the mountain, the mountain is as noisy as the city I live in, and the meaning of traveling vanishes.
Someone may argue that a tour guide may help one to understand the culture behind the attractive place. This may be true in the past. However, nowadays, one can know everything he want only by searching the Internet. There is no doubt that the Internet can tell one more about an attractive place. He can find the information about the tour before the travel by a computer, or during the travel by a mobile phone. So, it is not necessary to hire a tour guide.

TPO17独立写作Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are.
Modern society is filled with advertisements. Advertisements can appear everywhere you can imagine: in shopping malls, on the street, in TV program, on the Internet. One of my friends once said, besides death and tax, advertisement is another inevitable thing during our life. Thus, an important question arises: are advertisements reliable? As far as I'm concerned, the answer is no. Products in advertisements are always better than they really are.
From the view of manufactures, it's not hard to understand why products are better in advertisements. The purpose of making advertisements is to attract people, persuading that the product is good. As a better product is definitely more attractive, there is no doubt that products in advertisements is always better than they really are.
Someone may argue that telling consumers lie is against the law. However, it is not necessary to tell lies to make products "better". Actually, advertisements often create illusions. For example, in an advertisement, an exhausted boy is walking on the street on a extremely hot day. There is sweat on his face and his clothes are saturated. Suddenly, he sees a shop and buys an ice cream. When he eats the ice cream, he finds his body is covered with ice. And after he eats up the ice cream, he is happy and refreshed. In this advertisement, links are built between the ice cream and cool. However, this is only an illusion: the ice cream may be not as good as the advertisement implies.
What's more, advertisements often make use of celebrity. This is particular true about advertisement of clothes. In almost every clothes advertisement, some celebrity will dress in the clothes, and they look really attractive. Such advertisement try to convince that after put up the same dress, consumers can be as attractive and beautiful as the celebrity in the advertisement. But it is the celebrity him/herself attractive, instead of the clothes. By confusing attractive clothes and attractive celebrity, the clothes seem to be better.
让生如夏花般绚烂

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-9-11
精华
帖子

发表于 2012-3-29 19:01:37 |只看该作者
要找的话你可以上小马留学网看看,或者百度一下,很容易找到的。通常要钱的都是骗子。机经虽然有可能会中到,但是毕竟不能指望,切切实实好好复习提高英语水平最重要,呵呵,加油!
21# 秋雁北飞

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-29 18:52:26 |只看该作者
18# 秋雨荆州
什么地方能找到机经啊 我在好几个求机经的贴子里留邮箱 或者没人理 或者跟我要钱……
让生如夏花般绚烂

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-29 18:51:12 |只看该作者
18# 秋雨荆州
让生如夏花般绚烂

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-29 18:50:11 |只看该作者
TPO15综合写作
The lecture contends that the three solutions to stop the spread of cane toad in Australia in the passage can be unsuccessful or bring environmental damages.
First, the national fence is not able to prevent the spread of toad. Young toads and toad eggs live in water. Wherever the fence is built, there are some rivers and streams across it. Young toads and toad eggs can easily moving to another side of the fence via those rivers. So, the national fence is not as effective as the passage implies.
Second, untrained volunteers will probably capture other kind of frogs as well as cane toads. There are native frogs in Australia, and volunteers without training cannot easily tell whether a frog is cane toad or not. Moreover, trying to capture some kinds of native frogs can be dangerous for volunteers.
Third, the disease-causing virus can be carried to America and cause a environmental disaster there. Cane toad is an important and dispensable part in the environment in America. Once the virus arrives in America, the population of cane toad there will decrease. Thus, the environment in America, as a whole, will suffer a lot.

独立写作“In order to become financially responsible adults, children should learn to manage their own money at a young age.”(好吧 我现在才看见at a young age这几个字)
A survey made by Sina, the biggest portal website in China, showed that about 74% parents allow their children to manage some amount of money. This survey triggered a national wide debate about whether children should manage their own money or not. In my opinion, learning to manage money can lead children become more independent and responsible.
In modern society, money is a necessity in everyone's life. Money is not everything, but without money one can get nothing- this is what my roommate said. A citizen needs money when he buys foods and clothes, when he goes to hospital, when he travels, when he does exercise in a gym. He must decide whether he should save some money during the following several months in order to buy a car? If someone cannot manage their finance efficiently and control themselves in spending money, chances are that he has no money for a dinner in the several days before the next time he gets his salary. Therefore, there is no doubt that children should try to control themselves in spending money, which can help them form a good habit and do better in the future.
Someone may argue that children may make errors when parents leave themselves in spending their money. Admittedly, if parents give to their children some money every month, children often use all the money up in the first week in purchasing toy and stake. However, making error is just a natural and indispensable part of learn. After spend all the money and enjoy themselves in the first week, children find they have no money to spend in the following days. They cannot buy the attractive new toy; they cannot have an ice cream when it's hot. So, the following days are painful for these children. But it is the pain that remains them not to spend money without constraint in the next month. In next month, children will try to control the use of money, in order to prevent such painful days. In this way, children develop the ability to manage their money and grow up as financially responsible adults.
让生如夏花般绚烂

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-9-11
精华
帖子

发表于 2012-3-29 17:10:47 |只看该作者
行啊,我看的也比较粗略,如果有觉得哪里我说错了一定告诉我,一起进步,哈哈~ 17# 秋雁北飞

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-3-29 16:54:54 |只看该作者
15# gierml
不要只是喊支持啊 求改动啊 求教育啊