精华
帖子

荣誉版主 寄托优秀版主 Pisces双鱼座 Economist

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-10-3 22:48:34 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
小V前段时间在无意中搜到Clemson家的MA in Economics
http://economics.clemson.edu/graduate-program/masters/program-description

但既然版上讨论不多,是不是可以认为这家的专业排名弱于大叔提供的那份选校名单上的所有学校?

继续和他家的 Curtis Simon(CJSMN@clemson.edu)简单聊了一下...但似乎有效信息不是特别大...继续分享给大家...

1.What is the target or feature of this program in your school, set like a gangway for PhD pursuit or career oriented in industry/private section?  Could you share me with the placement record of the program in the past years?

Our placement record for PhD students is on our website.  

2.If I would like to pursue a PhD after completion of the Master's program, I wonder whether your program is a wise choice?

See the answer to (1) above.

3.I would like to take courses like Real Analysis or PhD section core coursesMicro, Macro, Mathematics, Econometrics) to prepare for my future PhD study, is there any  restriction or requirement on this? If any, would you describe them in detail?

Studente should know multivariate calculus and linear algebra. We have a refresher course (ap ec 804) for this purpose.

4.If I would like to find jobs in private sectors like financial institutions, can I choose my elective courses about Finance, Accounting rather than concerning Economics, is there any  restriction or requirement on this? If any, would you describe them in detail?

Students may count 6 hours of credit outside the economics department toward the MA degree. Requirements for the PhD program can be found in the handbook on our website.

5. What kind of job offer do students have after graduation the Master in Economics in your school? Is it possible to take the internship duration the program?

The program is designed to last 12 months. It does not involve internships.

6.What is the current size of the program? How many students entered your program in 2010? Would the large size hamper the interaction between students and faculty?   

We have about 20 new students each in the MA and PhD program. Our students and faculty interact closely,

7. Is there any financial aid such as full or part tuition waiver available after I enter this program?

We have assistantships for the most talented of students. We funded 12 new PhD students this year. We do not fund MA students.

8. And  could I continue pursuing the PhD in your school without applying again after geting the Master degree ? If possible, is there any other requirement?

Some MA students who intend to pursue a PhD take the PhD core sequence of 801, 802, 806, and ap ec 804.  If they do well (B or better in all courses), they are considered good candidates for transfering to the PhD program with merely a signature or two.  But there is no rush.  It is better to take the MA sequence and do well and learn a lot than to take on more than one is ready for initially.

另外他家有个Program in Applied International Monetary Economics (AIME),不过没搞懂是什么意思...

还有个Master of Science in Applied Economics and Statistics http://www.clemson.edu/cafls/departments/aes/grad/masters/index.html

记得交大现在有副教授就是这家毕业的~是拿的Applied Economics的Phd~

大家如果有关于这家的信息,欢迎更专业的分享~~~小V同样作抛砖引玉之用~

已有 4 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
xiaosage + 1 感谢分享!
alexanderhe + 20 + 5 谢谢分享
JKNASH + 1 鼓励无私奉献
ouyangtracey + 5 + 4 谢谢分享

总评分: 寄托币 + 25  声望 + 11   查看全部投币

Vandy,I'm coming...
Love bears all things,believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-3-20
精华
帖子

Economist

沙发
发表于 2011-10-3 23:23:07 |只看该作者
1# victor7
international monetary economics......毕业进IMF  哈哈
本号停用,有事qq微博联系,联系不上的就不用联系了

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-12-8
精华
帖子

板凳
发表于 2011-10-3 23:36:51 |只看该作者
2# JKNASH
哈哈。。。这个。。太YY了~
Vandy,I'm coming...

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-12
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2011-10-4 08:35:39 |只看该作者
那个项目相当于一学期的交换生吧~学的是international and monetary economics ~~这所大学声誉怎么样呀~看综排挺靠前的

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-12-8
精华
帖子

发表于 2011-10-4 09:40:03 |只看该作者
4# blueberrylj
综排确实还算soso了...也许回国大差不差~
不过感觉从curriculum来看算是比较用心的了,http://economics.clemson.edu/graduate-program/masters/overview-of-course-sequences
相对也算丰富吧...
只是对这家的reputation确实知之甚少...同求版上前辈指点~
Vandy,I'm coming...

使用道具 举报

RE: share一些关于Clemson的信息 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经