寄托币
注册时间
2009-5-23
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-8-26 20:40:45 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Tpo 18: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Young teenagers are not mature and easily influenced by the surrounding people. Some people hold the view that students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends since teachers give lessons to them not only about knowledge about life but also knowledge about life. However, as far as I am concerned, students are more influenced by their friends than their teachers. My reasons for my point of view are as follows.

The first reason is that students stay with their friends longer than their teachers and thus the influence is relatively larger. Take my own experience for example. I have a good friend named Grace, who was also my classmate in high school.  We stayed with each other almost all the day excerpt when we were sleeping and we sat beside each other in class. Since I was easily distracted by other things and cannot concentrate on classes, Grace always reminded me by sticking me on my arm using her pencil. When I felt the hurt, I would realize that it was not good to be distracted in classes and I would focus on my study again. After class, I also did my homework with her. Sometimes I did not want to do the homework and wanted to watch the sitcom "The Big Bang Theory" instead. However, Grace would stop me if I turned on the TV. She said that she would watch the sitcom with me if we finished our homework first. She seemed to have the magic to persuade me. Thus under her positive influence, I had an excellent academic performance. Compared with her influence, my teachers' influence seemed trivial since they only taught me a couple of hours in class. But it is Grace, my friend, who always stayed with me help me to develop a good study habit that will be beneficial to my whole life.

Another reason that friends have much more influence is that they have the same experience as us, thus we are more like each other and tend to be influenced more. This point can also be illustrated by the example of Grace and me. When we were in high school, Grace read huge number of books in her leisure time. And this influence me and I also started to read her books. After a short time I found myself falling in love with reading especially those classic literature. And after we finished the Entrance Exam of colleges, I chose the Chinese language and literature as my major. Even though my chemistry teacher thought that I should go to the chemistry department since I excelled on it. However, Grace enabled me to know what I am really interested in.

From what I have talked about above, I can safely draw the conclusion that students are more influenced by their friends than their teachers.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-10-8
精华
帖子

IBT Zeal IBT Smart Golden Apple 荣誉版主 2015 US-applicant

沙发
发表于 2013-8-28 11:25:08 |只看该作者

ok~