精华
帖子
楼主
发表于 2016-1-20 19:17:42 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 xsp1996 于 2016-1-20 19:21 编辑

本人授权寄托ID tesolchina持有人使用本人的习作及参加本次寄托公开课的练习答案作为科研、教学用途。
寄托ID:xsp1996

习作类型:托福
题目: Agree or disagree: There is no reason to be impolite (rude) to anther person.

习作正文:  

Although an easy-going person has few enemies, it is unbearable for them to be polite to anyone including the opposites. For me, I, without any hesitation, will oppose the opinion that there is no reason to be impolite to another person. And I have several reasons to support my argument.
Firstly, some people really have bad manners and they just want to offend you without any reason. They are just accustomed to it. Saying something rude to them is a perfect to cast a warning that you are angry with them and if they don't leave you away, you would take some more offensive actions such as fighting or calling the police. However, if you just think there is no reason to be rude to them, they probably consider you as a man with little courage and they will become more motivated to hurt you. Thus, taking some rude actions to the enemies is a reasonable way to illustrate warning.
On top of that, a person with polite manners all the time has the potential to lose the ability of critical thinking, which is considered as a significant factor to evaluate a person. Critical thinking means people can have a negative attitude towards everything including the authorities. It is especially important in the scientific research. During the past few decades, several breakthroughs in the science are started with casting doubt on the popular consensus. There is no doubt that people can hardly raise some opposite opinion with good manners. It is really hard to imagine the circumstance that one person stands up and says ‘I totally oppose your opinion' with a smile and soft voice. So if we want to maintain the ability of critically thinking, by all means we are supposed to abandon the thought that there is no reason to be rude to others.
Finally, person who avoid rude actions radically is hard to make any friends. Others tend to recognize the easy-going person as lack of principles and those people are unreliable.
In conclusion, it is safe to say that there is a few reasons to be rude to another person and politeness should be considered as a basic principle to deal with people. However, I have never denied that we have the right and necessity to be rude to others and defend ourselves under particular circumstances.

使用道具 举报

RE: 揭秘托福GRE作文电子评分器-元月20日晚公开课习作收集帖 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
揭秘托福GRE作文电子评分器-元月20日晚公开课习作收集帖