声望
寄托币
注册时间
2014-7-25
精华
帖子
楼主
发表于 2017-11-8 21:43:11 |显示全部楼层
Dear Matt, I'm not going to apply for the American Law program. So I can't directly transfer to your JD program, right?
已有 1 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
连10 + 20 + 5

总评分: 寄托币 + 20  声望 + 5   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2014-7-25
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2017-11-8 22:14:44 |显示全部楼层
ingrules 发表于 2017-11-08 22:06

Hello! I was waiting for this question to come up! Your second sentence is a little confusing, as you seem to be saying that you are not applying for the LLM in American Law program, and you are not planning to transfer to the JD program from that program (which you did not plan to apply to).  I am going to answer, assuming your question was: "What are the options to transfer to the JD program from the LLM in American Law Program?".  

I created a part on our website devoted to answering this question, that you can find here:
http://www.bu.edu/law/academics/ ... estions/#jdtransfer. The only thing I have to add to this, is that while we typically have a few graduates successfully apply to the JD program each year, the timing is difficult, as we require transfer applicants to take the LSAT. Given that many graduates are looking to take a bar exam, they find it challenging (if not impossible) to do their LLM studies, prepare for the LSAT, and prepare for a bar exam. At a certain point, it becomes necessary to choose which of these is the best option for an individual.  As I mentioned above, we have the LLM Professional Development staff in place to help students make these difficult decisions.
sorry I didnt state my question clearly. I am more interesting in the banking program, but only students enrolled in American Law program are qualified to transfer to JD program right?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2014-7-25
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2017-11-8 22:31:24 |显示全部楼层
ingrules 发表于 2017-11-08 22:25

Sorry about the confusion!

It is technically possible for graduates of the banking program to apply to transfer to the JD program, but because a big part of the application in transferring to JD is a recommendation letter from a BU Law faculty member, we find that LLM in American Law graduates tend to do a little bit better. That is because the LLM in American Law courses are more frequently taught by the JD faculty. So, transfer candidates can rely on having taken classes with JD faculty, and getting recommendations from them, which tend to be regarded better than recommendations from the banking program's faculty, because the JD admissions committee is more familiar with JD faculty. I hope this answers the question clearly.  

In summary, it is possible, but not recommended, if a candidate's goal is to transfer to the JD program, to first seek admission into the banking program.
it is really clear!lots of Thanks!just another question:I still have opportunity to concentrate on finance and banking on JD program if successfully transferright?

使用道具 举报

RE: 你好!招生官 | 11月08日 20:30-22:30 波士顿大学 法学院LLM课程 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
你好!招生官 | 11月08日 20:30-22:30 波士顿大学 法学院LLM课程