跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-8-27 11:48:05 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Issue48  第8篇 让砖头来得更猛烈些吧!
------摘要------
作者:寄托家园作文版普通用户     共用时间:43分49秒     472 words
从2005年7月27日9时16分到2005年7月27日10时43分
------题目------
The study of history places too much emphasis on individuals. The most significant events and trends in history were made possible not by the famous few, but by groups of people whose identities have long been forgotten.
------正文------
Who, the famous few or groups of people whose identities have long been forgotten, shap the most significnt events and trends in history? This question raises several issues about both society and individual. I concede that normal people's contribution is of importance. On balance, however, I generally disagree with the speaker that the study of history should place more emphasis on normal people.

Admittedly, common people who we can't remember now contribute a lot to the society's development. Consider, for example, Washington, the Father of America and honored as 'the first man in war, the first man in peace, and the first man in the heart of his countrymen'. But it was the damand of American people to overthrow the King of England that rendered Washington the power and courage. It was also thousands of sodiors who fought for their dreams or families brought the victory and  accompanished the independence of America.

Albeit the point is reasonable to some extent, it only plays a , if any, supplementary role in my proposition; based on my cognition and observed facts, I persist in my view that most signficant events are due to few illustrious individual.

First, in realm of politics, support to my proposition is epitomized in Lincoln, the eminent leader who maintained the unification of America and abolished Slavery. Had he haven't the unique characters, such as bravery, love, humility, or perfectly discinplined will,Lincoln wouldn't have sticked to his principles and convoked the whole union to fight for the dream------a nation without Slavery. Other stories of political leaders---too many fot me to enumerate here------- also serve to substantiate my suggestion.

Second, another reason for my proposition lies in the field of science. The eminent few can always view something from the past with a new perspective and divergently think   something that is collected convergently. Consider, for example, Newton, the discoverer of the 'first law of motion' which was the base of modern phisics. How many people can think about the reason why apples should fall to ground while cloud or the sun doesn't when hit by a fallen apple?But Newton achieved that point and discovered the law. Or consider Darwin, whose book, The Origin Of Species, totally changed people's concepts of biology. How many people can doubt the theology which says that it was god who created all the life? But Darwin did, based on 10 years' observation as a naturalist in a British science expedition.

In sum, although I agree that we can not forget the normal people, I fundamentally hold a view that the study of history should place as much emphasis on individuals as possible according to the indispensable effect that these people have on the progress of  our society. In an era of rapid social changes leading to life complexity and psychological displacement, we should always appreciate the leaders in all fields.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-7-25
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2005-8-27 15:51:37 |只看该作者
Issue48  第8篇 让砖头来得更猛烈些吧!
------摘要------
作者:寄托家园作文版普通用户     共用时间:43分49秒     472 words
从2005年7月27日9时16分到2005年7月27日10时43分
------题目------
The study of history places too much emphasis on individuals. The most significant events and trends in history were made possible not by the famous few, but by groups of people whose identities have long been forgotten.
------正文------
Who, the famous few or groups of people whose identities have long been forgotten, shap(shape) the most significnt events and trends in history? This question raises several issues about both society and individual. I concede that normal people's contribution is of importance. On balance, however, I generally disagree with the speaker that the study of history should place more emphasis on normal people.

Admittedly, common people who we can't remember(be remembered) now contribute a lot to the society's development. Consider, for example, Washington, the Father of America and honored as 'the first man in war, the first man in peace, and the first man in the heart of his countrymen'. But it was the damand of American people to overthrow the King of England that rendered Washington the power and courage. It was also thousands of sodiors who fought for their dreams or families brought the victory and  accompanished the independence of America.(缺少论证和总结, 比如therefore, not Washington, a solitude famous leader but the massee who plays the most important role in chaning history.)

Albeit the point is reasonable to some extent, (which point?)it only plays a , if any, supplementary role in my proposition; based on my cognition and observed facts, I persist in my view that most signficant events are due to few illustrious individual.(这段没看懂啊,原谅我愚笨)

First, in realm of politics, support to my proposition is epitomized in Lincoln, the eminent leader who maintained the unification of America and abolished Slavery. Had he haven't the unique characters, such as bravery, love, humility, or perfectly discinplined will,Lincoln wouldn't have sticked to his principles and convoked the whole union to fight for the dream------a nation without Slavery. Other stories of political leaders---too many fot me to enumerate here------- also serve to substantiate my suggestion.

Second, another reason for my proposition lies in the field of science. The eminent few can always view something from the past with a new perspective and divergently think   something that is collected convergently. Consider, for example, Newton, the discoverer of the 'first law of motion' which was the base of modern phisics. How many people can think about the reason why apples should fall to ground while cloud or the sun doesn't when hit by a fallen apple?But Newton achieved that point and discovered the law. Or consider Darwin, whose book, The Origin Of Species, totally changed people's concepts of biology. How many people can doubt the theology which says that it was god who created all the life? But Darwin did, based on 10 years' observation as a naturalist in a British science expedition.

In sum, although I agree that we can not forget the normal people, I fundamentally hold a view that the study of history should place as much emphasis on individuals as possible according to the indispensable effect that these people have on the progress of  our society. In an era of rapid social changes leading to life complexity and psychological displacement, we should always appreciate the leaders in all fields.
感觉后面思路一直不是很好,搜一搜好范文

使用道具 举报

RE: issue48 谢谢! [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子