声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-8-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2006-8-8 10:25:38 |只看该作者

hoogw2000 response

I would like to say that laws have the power, which could change the people’s mind, but not always. The power of the laws has its limit, it depends on what the situation is. In some cases, laws change not only what people doing, but also what people think. However, in other cases, laws have change only what people behavior, have do nothing on what people think.
I was wondering that the people who lives in an autocratic country, where the dictator rules the everything of the country. Did the nature or mind of those people different from the people who live in a democratic country? Did the autocratic laws change what the people think? The answer was not simply YES or NO. The power of the autocratic laws did change the mind of the people, but it has the limits. A good example in the autocratic country is the people lacks of the freedom of publishing their ideas, moreover, the people don’t have the concept and will about the election. The autocratic government instills the belief and moral standard into its people from their childhood by laws, by educations. The teachers in autocratic country could not teach thing that contrary to the dictator’s wish or disclose the weakness and failure of the authorities, otherwise, the teacher will be banished, dismissed, even send into jail. However, I don’t think the sever laws change these teacher’s mind. Because freedom of publish their ideas is the inborn human right, as well as they think they are right in mind. Laws have done nothing on their mind. Even they are in jail, they still insist that they have done nothing wrong.  
However, this is not always the cases. The autocratic laws sometimes do have effect to change the people’s mind. For instance, the people in autocratic country, most of them do not have the concept and wish of election. The legislation system do not provide any election right or being elected right to anybody. They don’t know they should have the election right which has been taken away. So the laws systems in these countries did clean their people’s mind that they believe that they were born without the election right. When they grow up, they were taught that they should not claim their election right. The result is they don’t have any concept about their election right in their minds.
I would say that, laws definitely have effect on people’s mind, but the effect is limited depends on the different situations. Some laws do have the power to change the mind of the people, these laws became the tools by which the dictator rules the country.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2006-9-23 23:32:15 |只看该作者
收获!文章准备得太充分了!

使用道具 举报

RE: 0606G同主题写作第一期——Issue178 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册