注册时间
2006-2-21
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-2-2 01:01:58 |显示全部楼层

01-29sciam 听写

Karen Hoken

If you have children, or ever had any contact with children, this is probably your familiar sound. When babies turn on the water works(???not sure), you may wonder why they are crying, but scientists in Ohio University wondered what their tears are made of. The answer is surprising. It turns out that the tear drops have three distinct layers. The saltest substances were usually associated with crying from the bulk of the tear, but this layer of salt water actually sandwiched between an inter layer of Mucs and outer layer of oily fat. Every time you blink, the fatty layer spreads out across your eyeballs. This ugly oil slick protects people by sealing the water in Mucs layer against the surface of your eyes, keeping them nice and moist. The oily layers also contains a type of fat called Oleomaid(not sure) that was first identified in the brain where it helps to induce sleep. Although the Oleomaid in tears doesn't bring on diseases,the researchers don't yet know what it's doing, but they will end find it out. So now know what tears are made of. If you could only figure out how to get them to stop before they make you join in.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
Fly away
不管流下多少汗水
坚持下去的勇气还在
Nothing I will be afraid

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-2-21
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2007-2-3 17:15:47 |显示全部楼层

02-01sciam听写+原文录音

下面红色标注的地方没有听懂,大家多指教啊:loveliness:
另外,偶听了至少二三十遍才听到这个样子,觉得开始几遍根本反应不过来:funk: ,不知道大家听的时候情况如何?:)

You’ve heard about survival of the Fedists, but with global pressure of environment, could humans be influencing a new kind
of evolution—survival of the Predists? Here’s an example. A penguin expert at the University of Washington analyzed there
were 300 penguin pictures in coffee table books. The goal was to see if some of the 17 penguin species appear far more often than others. And indeed they did, in all the books. After eliminating possible bias and pictures that also feature human’s pretty views, the favorite penguins were those with red or in join intense yellow martins. That includes emperors, the stars of the
movie match the penguins. The research also noted that human’s preferences for very species have nothing to do with
intelligent consideration. Even the ugliest penguin is far ahead of the almost countless reptiles and slamming vertebrates that
make up well more of the earth’s population. Think about it, how much have you heard about endangered sea slugs,
salamanders, snails, and spiders? Chances are that they’re not the feature subjects of your favorite coffee table books, either.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
Fly away
不管流下多少汗水
坚持下去的勇气还在
Nothing I will be afraid

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-2-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-2-4 14:23:17 |显示全部楼层
谢谢LS!!
taints yellow martens
sliming invertebrates
这两个地方开始一直没有听出来
Fly away
不管流下多少汗水
坚持下去的勇气还在
Nothing I will be afraid

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-2-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-2-5 17:25:44 |显示全部楼层

02-02sciam

有好几处听不出来,请指教。。。

“That’s right, we’ll chuckle chuckles it. Stop talking…”
You know, according to legends on virtually every TV station in this country, today groundhogs stick their three little heads
out of their cold winter ground and look around to see if the winter is over. But wait! A couple of years ago a Penn State
researcher took the radical step of observing the groundhogs to see what’s really on their minds when they are perlu their
surroundings this day. The researchers started 32 of the chunky rotens and found out the first groundhogs to pop up after a
roughly four-month hibernation are all males, and they are not checking the weather. No, they are looking for female
groundhogs in sort of exercising speed dating. Remember, it is usually really cold in Pennsylvania in February, so the male
coters could mark territory, go on a few quick trial dates and then go back to sleep for another month. Hey, in freezing
temperatures, you would try to be in await, too. Weeks later, the groundhogs wake up when it warms up, reconnect with
their February valentines, start little groundhog families, and live happily ever after, just like in the movies.
“Ok. Canphous arrives in China. Don’t forget your butties. It’s getting cold out there…”
“It’s cold out there everyday. Why don’t just Miami…”

[ 本帖最后由 chuanweizuo 于 2007-2-6 16:17 编辑 ]
Fly away
不管流下多少汗水
坚持下去的勇气还在
Nothing I will be afraid

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-2-21
精华