寄托币
注册时间
2010-3-31
精华
帖子

Golden Apple US-applicant 美版守护者

楼主
发表于 2011-5-27 01:51:32 |显示全部楼层
Resident is always low paid almost everywhere, not just in China, same in US.
For resident some speciality, like internal medicine, 18 hour daily work is normal.
But for some others, maybe just 9 hour daily and only several hour on-call in weekends.
For all the residents, after first 1 or 2 years, everything will be OK.
But however tired, physicians in CA and US must keep a very neat looking. If others can see signs of you get tired, it will be a very bad thing and sometimes even get kicked out of the program.

US is trying to make more medical school now, but which will take some time. There are always over 120 medical schools, and there will be several more in the following several years. Also, some medical schools are trying to recruit a bit more students. But, there are short of good enough professors.
上帝保佑。奋力一搏,不留遗憾。 ☐216/☐1st pass/☐240/☐230
☐3+moths USCE
☐Match in 2016

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-3-31
精华
帖子

Golden Apple US-applicant 美版守护者

沙发
发表于 2011-5-27 01:59:36 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 H1BMatch2012 于 2011-5-27 05:18 编辑

And for master of nursing, there are all sorts of different oriented programs. These nursing master graduate can do different kinds of high level specific health care works. For some of them, they are high paid and very well educated that just a little bit lower than a physician. These masters are not just common registered nurses.
Like for MSN in family Nurse practitioners, they have the right to prescribe medications and do general exams and treatments. Yes, almost the same as a family medicine doctor. I heard that they can even open their own clinic.
The highest level of NP in my mind is CRNA, which get paid over $150,000 per year, which is higher than normal level family medicine physician. CRNA programs are highly competetive. I hope my wife can make it several years later, hehe.

But actually I am not sure if nursing is US and CA are different. But I know some US RN immigrate to CA to locate their jobs. So I guess there should be lots in common.

Almost forget to mention, at least in US, a master of nursing in these specific fileds itself will not get people a job. As these are defined higher level, a next stage of registered nurse, people need several years of RN working experience plus these master degrees to get these high paid nursing jobs. So, directly get a master degree will not get the dame level of job but still need to start with RN. There are visa problems in US for nurse, so people need to start with an associate degree or bachelor degree and hope to use opt to get some RN working experiences, and then get into some kind of MSN to hope to get a job. So, plans like get into MSN and then get a nice job directly for just less than 3 years does not work in US system. That's kind of why some MSN programs ask for RN for background, and for CRNA in US at least 1 or 2 years of ICU RN working experience is essential for just the application.

Not sure about if the same in CA. but if no visa difficulty in CA, maybe a master in nursing, then start with a normal RN job might work. Again, I am not sure about it.
上帝保佑。奋力一搏,不留遗憾。 ☐216/☐1st pass/☐240/☐230
☐3+moths USCE
☐Match in 2016

使用道具 举报

RE: 加拿大研究生护理 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华