注册时间
2009-3-2
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-8-29 17:34:55 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Do you agree or disagree: As modern life become more complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize.

Nowadays, people are living in a rapidly changing society, in which mostly nobody can foresee what will happen next. So someone may argue that it is no need for us to plan anything and just follow your heart or feeling to do everything. Actually, it is too dangerous. In my opinion, the ability to plan and organize is a necessary skill for young people to obtain in the sophisticated modern life.

No one can deny that planning can make your work go more smoothly and get easier to be successful. For example, as a college student, if you don't schedule and manage your study time and play time, your life will become messy and maybe you cannot graduate from school normally. In fact, when I was a freshman in college, I got confused at the first year and was obsessed with computer games and even skipped the classes, which resulted in that the grades of our courses were very low. Fortunately, my academic advisor found this situation in time and persuaded me go back on right track. He said, “Young people should have a plan about life or they will regret that they have done nothing in their entire lives if they are old.". Those words always stimulate me to work hard and plan my life to achieve my goals. This is why I can gain the excellent graduate student award when I graduated.

Moreover, planning also can enable people to enhance confidence and obtain the sense of accomplishment. If you have a plan, then you will satisfy with the finish of each step in your plan and also acquire more self-confidence to move on. Taking my elder brother as example, he used to study any time when he wanted without any plan and his grades usually stayed at middle level. However, lately, he changed his study habits and started to manage his time, having a reasonable study schedule. The end of each task in his schedule always made him more active and confident. Eventually, he becomes one of the top students in his class, which is the power of planning.

In conclusion, given that the impact of plans on people's success and positive psychological effects of planning, I am totally convinced that the ability to plan and organize exerts a critical influence on people's life, especially for young people.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-3-2
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

沙发
发表于 2009-8-30 13:23:50 |只看该作者
高分120 practice 5
In the lecture, the speaker talks about the advantages of the prescribed fire. He totally disagrees with the arguments stated in the reading passage, due to the following reasons.

First, contrary to the opinion that the prescribed fire can cause severe air pollution and global warming, the speaker thinks that in fact the process of prescribed fire is very slow and the outcome of the fire mostly is ashes, which can reduce the risk of big fire caused by sunlight. And also that cannot be done by disking alone. So this is a direct contrast to the statement of the reading passage.

Second, the speaker points out that the prescribed fire has already been put into practice for a long time and there are a lot of trained people taking part in controlling the fire. Hence, people can limit when and where the fire will happen and it is not necessary to worry about the danger of the fire.

Finally, compared to the damage caused by big fire, not to mention the influence on home and family, the expense of the prescribed fire is less than tenth of that. Therefore, it is wise to use small fire to protect our society and nature.

使用道具 举报

RE: 2009 进军美利坚作文组 wondersmiths2第十二次作业 8.29 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
2009 进军美利坚作文组 wondersmiths2第十二次作业 8.29