声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-4-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-9-1 19:19:59 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 liuxiaoyin 于 2010-9-1 19:21 编辑

It is a complicated issue that whether students should be required to study art and music besides their major courses or not. People with different background hold various opinions on it. Some claim that art and music courses are waste of time for students, while others refute that these course can bring students tremendous benefits which they can not obtain from main courses. In my point of view, I agree with the later one for several reasons.

First and foremost, I concede that art and music courses contribute to broadening our friend circles, which are of great significance to our work and life. As a Chinese proverb says, interest gathers friends. In my University, there are about one hundreds associations, including more than 50 clubs which are built up based on the same interest. These clubs provide opportunity to acknowledge fellows in various majors from different cities make friends with them and attend many interesting activities and games. Take me as an example. I attended music club and met one of my best friends. Music provided us common topics, leaded to easier communication, and thus, it strengthened our friendship. In a word, music makes my college more colorful. If I haven't had music classes before, I will lose much fun and pass the chances to meet many pretty persons.

What's more, music and art courses lead to a healthy lifestyle and help to develop a positive attitude towards difficulties. In modern society, people pay their attention mainly on earning money and leave less leisure time for their families and themselves. As a result, the rates of some physical and mental diseases, such as obesity, hypertension and depression increase dramatically. Under this circumstance, music and art play an important role in improving our life quality. According to a report published by Chinese Science, people who always enjoy music, paintings or opera are less likely to get depression and insomnia. The art and music classes guide us how to evaluate perfect products and even how to compose them, tutoring us how to enjoy ourselves and keep in good mood.

From what has been discussed, we can come to conclude that music and art courses definitely beneficial to our work and life, because it broadens our friend circles, leads to a healthy lifestyle and encourages a positive attitude to stress. For this reason, music and art classes should be promoted rather than avoided.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-25
精华
帖子

2015 US-applicant 美版2016offer达人

发表于 2010-9-1 23:03:08 |只看该作者
32# liuxiaoyin

嗯,终于可以发附件了,抱歉拖了那么久~
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册