帖子
沙发
发表于 2010-8-31 18:51:59 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 大M. 于 2010-9-1 03:27 编辑

第一次跟着小组参加活动
不过貌似等级太低 不能添加附件的说

sigh

8月31日交
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Younger school children (ages five to ten) should be required to study art and music in addition to math, science, history and language.

With the popularity of comprehensive education comes the consideration whether art and music should be a part of young school children’s schedule. Opinions differ from person to person and the controversy remains constant. After deliberating it from several aspects, I strongly agree that art and music are as essential as math, science, history and language in the required curriculum.

To begin with, studying art and music expand younger children’s horizon and keep their minds open to new thoughts before they enter into advanced education. Just like math, science, history and language, art and music also enrich children’s knowledge. They grow out of human needs and aspirations, they clearly communicate cultural values. Accordingly, having access to pieces of artwork or music from different backgrounds enables younger children to understand, appreciate and respect various kinds of cultures. For example, some paintings were designed to reflect what changes society was experiencing and how people respond to them. Learning this gives kids a picture of a society’s history and its values and belief throughout the course.

Furthermore, appreciation of art and music contributes to the cultivation of younger children’s aesthetic consciousness, which is indispensable to a civilized person. Each piece of painting or music has a style of its own and analyzing these works provides children with an opportunity to learn to judge them--recognize what are seemingly expressing, what are conveyed inside them, and what makes them so special to be remembered. This process improves children’s aesthetic perception and changes the way they perceive their life. However, it is beyond the reach of simply being embedded in mathematical and physical Formulas or historical chronology.

Last but not the least, being involved in art and music offers inspiration and delight. For school children, especially the younger ones, the lack of experience and maturity fails them to deal with the stress and anxiety from classes. They would be disappointed in term of personal relationship and weary of countless homework. Fortunately, viewing artwork and listening melodies really sooth them and relieve their depression. Take me as an example, I always choose this way as a relaxation when I feel low at school, it helps me escape the daily pressure and enter an aesthetic world of sensual pleasure.

To sum up, that art and music is necessary in education is clear from the fact that they are definitely beneficial to the development of younger school children. For children’s good, it is virtually a wise choice to require art and music to set stages for future challenge.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-19
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2010-9-2 17:07:45 |只看该作者
2# 大M.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报