寄托币
注册时间
2003-6-11
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2003-6-17 14:40:18 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
In the past few years, a large number of programs that prepare college students for getting work have been launched. Some of these are really applicable and effective: they provide the graduates with more opportunities to earn their living. However, when the phenomenon that many students show no interest in the job they find occur me, I am worried and considering how far they can go in the field they never love. Should students seek the programs that promise entry into job market at the cost of neglecting what subjects they would devote themselves to? Definitely not!(97)
As a famous writer said” Interest is the best teacher. ” First, it can bring about curiosity and creativity, which is the key to important discovery, since you will pay more attention to what you like than what you do not care. Let’s have a review of how penicillin came about. It is just due to the Fleming’s interest in the dead mould on the culture. If he were not interested in what he had studied, what he saw is only a failure that the mould was dead. Moreover, interest can create enthusiasm, and “A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiasm”—Schwab once said. Indeed, many scientists proved this by their action. Edison, the most famous inventor, tried hundreds of time to find a material for light barb. What supports him, encourages him to struggle ahead is the enthusiasm coming from great love for science. Mrs. Curie, another well-known Polish scientist, insisted on her research work in a poor lab, knowing“ they will succeed one day ”, because of the interest on her career. Last but not least, doing the job one prefers can bring one happiness as well as satisfaction. A Chinese cartoonist wrote this before his book( I paragraph)”I am luck and happy that my job is just what I like. While I am doing the thing that I am really crazy for , I am making money; not like some people who do not like their work, the job is only used to make a living and when they work they find boring –only entertainment can make them happy .”(269)
There, I believe still some people disagree with me by pointing out that pure interest can not buy any milk and bread for one to live—there are some artists who are indulged in art but they show us no masterpiece, for they have no talent to create, or they have money to support themselves, leave alone money to collect useful materials. These people must have misunderstood the point I proposed. I mean students should think of what they really like when they’re trying to find a job, and I hope the work they do is to pursue the subject they are interested. Instead of working only for money, graduates can find fun in their favorite field.(127)
Then another problem appears: what should one find no position in the field one prefer—give up his/her favorite or insist on? Mendel developed the basic rules of biology when he is a priest, and similarly Copernicus devoted most of his time to astronogy when working in the church. They are both examples for the “no-position” to follow. In other words, they can do a job for a living while clinging to the subject they like in free time. Or for the college students, they can seek the “job-finding” programs at the same time of pursuing what attract them.(99)
In summary, for the college and the society they should not only help the college students to find work, but also should spare no effort to encourage them to be after the subject they like; for the graduates themselves, they must have a careful thought about their preference before blindly seeking “finding work” programs.(54,all 637)
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-6-11
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2003-6-17 14:46:48 |只看该作者
90"College students should be encouraged to pursue subjects that interest them rather than seek programs that promise entry into the job market."
刚才看到那么多人帮我点评,太激动了,忘了发题目:)见谅

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-9-22
精华
帖子

Sagittarius射手座 荣誉版主

板凳
发表于 2003-6-17 16:00:07 |只看该作者

skimmed the whole thing but...

FYI, "definitely" is not used in formal English.
歸去來兮,田園將蕪胡不歸?
既自以心為形役,奚惆悵而獨悲!
悟已往之不諫,知來者之可追。
實迷途其未遠,覺今是而昨非。

木ノ葉舞うところに火は燃ゆる
火の影は里を照らし、また木ノ葉は芽吹く
----ナルト

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-6-11
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2003-6-17 17:53:50 |只看该作者
fyi是什么意思啊??别的还有什么问题?应该怎么改进?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2001-9-3
精华
帖子

Aries白羊座 荣誉版主

发表于 2003-6-17 20:03:22 |只看该作者
写地不错啊。语法上有几个小错,时态不一致或者第三人称单数没有加s。

感觉写得确实比较流畅,想象得到你一气呵成的样子:)

不足在于,举例多而论证少,深度上就还欠缺一些。你还可以继续深入地说,一旦学生们能够心无旁骛地学习自己感兴趣的东西,最后必然能成大器,也就不愁job的问题。这个有最典型的英国著名的summerhill school为例。而一心在大学期间把学生培养成job- oriented的方式,最后可能打不到效果的。谁也不知道今后的世界需要什么样的技能。什么热门什么冷门。

另外,有些非常执着于自己钟爱的事业的人,确实也有生平凄惨的,这个绕不过去,例子也很多。所以不如做个让步。但是要说明大多数人还是可以凭一技之长找饭吃的。
UA
我说人生哪,如果赏过一回痛哭淋漓的风景,写一篇杜鹃啼血的文章,与一个赏心悦目的人错肩,也就够了。不要收藏美、钤印美,让美随风而逝。生命最清醉的时候,是将万里长江视为一匹白绢,裂帛。(简桢)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-6-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2003-6-17 21:33:06 |只看该作者
对啊。我的中文作文也有这个毛病。谢谢拉

使用道具 举报

RE: issue90 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册