寄托币
注册时间
2010-10-29
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-3-30 20:11:45 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
The government has announced that it plans to build a new university. Some people think that your community would be a good place to locate the university. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of establishing a new university in your community. Use specific details in your discussion.

It is the youth that will boost the progress of the world and it is education that qualifies them to be the backbones of the society in the coming future. Without hesitation, I am side with the plan to establish a new university in my community.
      To begin with, majority of high school students are actually willing to get into a university whereas the fact is that some students don't even get a chance to apply for their favorite university due to the limited educational resources. My friend Arnab, who dreamed to be a college student, was rejected by the school he had applied for just because of the resources shortage problem, and he has to take a part time job for living and is leading a unhappy life. Establishing community universities would help making senior education available to more students, offering young people a platform to learn and make effort for their own future.
      Additionally, students learn their major at university, and accumulate experiences of being a member of the society on their university days. An university student has numerous chances to learn how to cope social relationships, how to deal with different friends, how to handle an involved problem, and how to act as the proper role of the current life. In my mind, community is home to the families and it would be easier in making the it a cozy home while the family members are well-educated and share a common concept of life.
      Last but not the least, with the establishment of a community university, canteens, banks, bookstores, pharmacies, hospitals, and some other businesses will be engaged to serve the university thus numbers of jobs will be offered to the community, even the whole city.
      In conclusion, establishing a community university makes senior education available to more students, offers numbers of jobs to the community, and helps making the community a harmony home, I demonstrate my support for the plan of establishing a university in my community.

最后说一个刚刚看帖子看到的小问题,给之前没留意过的同学提示一下,写作里标点的用法应该是:句子后直接加标点,空一格,写下一句。用word写的话会有绿波浪提示,所以建议同学可以在练习的时候用记事本来写,这样有利于符号和拼写~
已有 1 人评分寄托币 收起 理由
hycqy + 20 加油!

总评分: 寄托币 + 20   查看全部投币

回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-10-29
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2011-4-1 00:07:24 |只看该作者
又一篇。抱歉我不能传附件……
If you could go back to some time and place in the past, when and where would you go? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.

Deep inside me, there is a dream of owing a time machine; hence I can fly to one of the beautiful days in my childhood hometown when I was five.
      In the first place, I would see my deceased grandmother again there in my childhood hometown. Undoubtedly, grandmother is of great importance to my life and the sweet moments we shared together are still vivid in my mind. Kids are always pavid at dark nights, but I nevertheless did so because of the comforting song my grandmother sang to me every single night. It took me a long period of time persuading myself to accept the fact that my grandmother passed away. I can imagine how it would be to see my dear grandmother again in my childhood hometown.
      Another reason for my choice is that childhood is the only episode in life of a person with no pressure of the outer world and my hometown is just the place in which I spend it. Job hunting, hospitalization insurance, marriage and all those kind of problems fill the life of every one, it is true that the rapid social development betters our life, but a fact we should not neglect is that we are not as happy. When I was a child, I played with my friends only for fun. We share our toys with each other, we play with the ones we like without considering the gains and losses, we apologies for our faults and we forgive others artlessly.
      In addition, the environment of my hometown several years ago was far better than it is now. There were fewer factories contaminating the rivers, fewer vehicles polluting the air, less building sites for mansions destroying the farm land, and fewer commercials wasting our time. I am looking forward to see picture the birds singing in the sky, clean water running in the riverbed, fresh air blowing leaves and the fires of heaven flickering at night in my childhood hometown.
      Sum up, I would go back to my childhood hometown were I given the chance.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-10-29
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2011-4-1 12:30:23 |只看该作者
各位帮我改一下呗。。。

使用道具 举报

RE: wgc1990的作文帖 [修改]