注册时间
2009-4-7
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-5-28 04:10:42 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
dear all,
I am a new comer of Gter. Here is my first argument. Please give me some advise. Comparing with the example of ETS, I found there is difference in way of thinking. I really need help.Thank you a lot!

Argument 1

The vice president of Nature’s Way (NW) recommends that NW should open a store in Plainesville based on the previous experience that the store tends to be prosper in the areas where the residents who lead healthy lives. At the same time he numerates several points to approve that the residents of Plainesville
are those kinds of residents NW expects, which include sales of sports clothes and shoes are highs, health club has more members and the classes were always full, and schoolchildren were educated to know the benefits of exercise which might create a new generation of customers for NW.
However, there is ambiguous definition which needs to be clear and more specific survey should be conducted in Plainesville
area.

First of all, the president seems
confusing the definition of residents who concerned with leading healthy lives and customers who consume health food and other health-related products, and seemed to assume that the former one is certainly the latter one. This is certainly not the case.  It is entirely possible that some people just prefer to have regular exercise, not concerning which sort of food they consume. Moreover, even presuming that people leading healthy lives tend to purchase health food and other health-related products, it is still questionable that Nature’s Way is their favorite brand. No statistics provided about the status(market percent) of NW in the health product market.

Secondly, there is absolutely a lack of survey specially conducted in Plainesville area and the president unfairly assumed that the previous experience will work well in Plainesville. No evidence provided about the consuming habit in health food of residents of Plainesville (though some evident provided about how people like to exercise, which does not necessarily lead to the consumption of health food). There are possibilities that the survey results conducted in Plainesville, if there is, is different with the previous results conducted in other places, which may lead to the business failure if they open a store in Plainesville.

Finally, schoolchildren in Plainesville being required to participate in a “fitness for life’ program does not necessarily create a new generation of customers. Whether a child will grow to an adult who are more likely to consume healthy food depends on more complicated factors, not only school education matters. What is the opinion of parents on healthy food? or how about their financial ability to provide healthy food for children?(usually healthy foods are relatively expensive) And also what is the ideas appear on the media about the healthy food, since children are so easily effected by media, like TV, internet. All those factors may compromise the educational result children received at school.

In Sum, before any business steps taking in open a store in Plainesville, there is a pressing need for research on residents of Plainesville in more specific studies. Otherwise, the president’s recommendation would amount to especially poor advice and lead to business fiasco.
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: help, please! [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子