帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2004-7-12 15:05:59 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
发信人: songhaitingt (  松海听涛), 信区: Visa
标  题: 7月9日 J1 哲学专业 北京 1000 Pass
发信站: BBS 水木清华站 (Sat Jul 10 02:18:10 2004), 站内

7月9日 J1 哲学专业 北京 1000 Pass

本来是7月8日中午12:45就应该签的,结果因为美国大使馆的指纹系统故障,被调到7月9日中午12:30了。7月9日当天其实是在下午1点才被放进大使馆的,排队、交表(Resume也一起交了进去)、扫描指纹,进入面签等候区大约是在1点40左右了。拿的是深紫色的牌儿。

很快被带到4号窗口,是个亚裔的签证官,年轻人,很瘦,估计就是BBS上传说的那个“亚裔哥哥”吧。我当时心里就很轻松了,觉得一定没问题。

我是那队第四个签的,第一个是父母在美国的mm,pass;第二个去美国做Computer Science的gg,reject;第三个是老公在美国的一个mm,全部过程都说的是中文,但是资料没带全,签证官说只要带全资料就能通过了。第四个就是我了。

Me:Good afternoon, Sir. Nice to meet you! Here is my card.
VO: Nice to meet you too! What will do at C College?
Me: I will have some classes and do some research there. As I’ve mentioned in my resume, my major is analytical philosophy and epistemology … (本来还想说两句的,结果被签证官打断)
VO: How long will you stay there?
Me: About 10 months.
VO: %&(^%$*&(& your degree? (我没听清)
Me: Sorry, I beg your pardon?
VO: I mean whether you will get any degree of this college.
Me: Oh, no. C College is an undergraduate college in US and I am MA candidate in my university. I cannot get any degree of C College.
VO: I see… Your inviting letter?
Me: Well, here you are. And here is the Agreement of the Exchange Visiting Program between C College and my university. Do you want to see it?
VO: Of course. (开始看我的邀请信和协议)
Me: I also have C College’s Prof.’s letter to the VO … (感觉这里,我是有点多嘴了,签证官根本没有理我,我也就不再说下去了)
VO: Who will support you for this Program?
Me: C College, of course – the department of P at C College.
VO: As it is the Exchange Program, C College will send their students to your university?
Me: No, actually, they just selected some Chinese students to their college.
VO: Then why will they give you money?
Me: Sorry, the phone is not well. Can you repeat your question? Thank you! (其实说当时我听清楚了那个问题,不过当时有点发懵,不知道该如何回应,就让他重复一下问题,好给自己争取一点时间,呵呵)
VO: How will you benefit their department or college, I mean, they give you $27,000 per year, why?
Me: Oh, they have some courses on Chinese Philosophy, I can help them with these courses.
VO: You mean you will teach there?
Me: (笑了笑) No, I just assist their Profs in these courses. Maybe it is something like Teaching Assistant, you know? (笑)
VO: (也笑了) Have they asked you to present any special paper or report for the Program?
Me: No, I need not to do so. You know, I am just a visiting STUDENT not a visiting SCHOLAR or visiting PROF.
VO: Well, do you have transcript?
Me: Yes, here is my undergraduate official transcript, (递上去学校的成绩单,是学校教务部封装好的,签证官接过去) and here is my graduate transcript …
VO: (他正在撕开我的本科成绩单的信封,我看他撕得很费力。签证官看我还准备给他拿研究生的成绩单,就还以为也是一个封装好的信封呢,就说:) Would you please open it for me?

其实,我们的研究生的成绩单比本科的简陋得多,其实就是一张纸而已,上面盖有我们系主任的图章而已。我拿出来一晃,然后对他笑了笑,便递进去了。他看见只是一张纸,也笑了

VO: (看着我的成绩单,低着头,咕哝了一句) So you have done a good job in Philosophy …
Me: Thank you, It’s very nice of you.
VO: (突然抬起头来) So, where are you from?
Me: Do you mean my hometown? (感觉这个问题问得很突然,莫名其妙的)
VO: Yes.
Me: Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province.
VO: Then how long have you been Beijing?
Me: For about 5 or 6 years.

签证官听完这句话,点了点头,然后就不再理我了,转身看了下电脑,就开始狂敲键盘。我就安安静静地等着。然后他转回身开始在我的DS表、I20表上签字,然后拿了个小的长方形的图章在上面盖章。

VO: I wish you can do excellent research and study there.
Me: (一下子还真有点反映不过来)… Thank you, Thank you very much and have a nice day!

签证官撕了黄条给我,我就去等VISA了,整个面签结束的时候,大约是下午2:30。等到大约3:15的时候,拿到了自己的VISA。整个过程到还是蛮快的。只是没什么感觉,也不知道什么时候,签证官就决定给我VISA了。

呵呵,今天的签证很顺利,四号窗口的XDJM都很好相处,不过,感觉大使馆的中国工作人员凶巴巴的,有点不爽。

总之,感谢我们这个项目的Tsinghua的同学,感谢SZG和LW,谢谢你们的签经。谢谢系里的叶老师、邢老师、徐老师对我的帮助和鼓励,也感谢师姐CZ帮我解决了很多棘手的问题。

祝福版上所有要签证的XDJM一帆风顺!

--

※ 来源:·BBS 水木清华站 http://smth.org·[FROM: 162.105.222.*]
famouskelly
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: 7月9日 J1 哲学专业 北京 1000 Pass [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经