注册时间
2021-4-16
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2021-4-16 09:29:16 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 roboteer 于 2021-7-9 19:57 编辑

Funded PhD Positions in Robotics at Purdue University School of Industrial Engineering

Descriptions:

Dr. Yu She’s group in the School of Industrial Engineering at Purdue University has multiple fully funded Ph.D. positions. Research in the group focuses on human-safe collaborative robots, soft robotics, and robotic manipulation. Selected candidates are expected to start in Spring 2022 and/or Fall 2022. Please note, the Spring 2022 application is due on September 1, 2021.

Qualifications:
The ideal candidates are expected to have a solid background in one or more of the following areas:soft robotics, mechanism design, control, machine learning, and vision sensing. The applicants must have completed bachelor's or master's degrees in ME, ECE, IE, or closely related disciplines prior to starting the positions. Self-motivated candidates are particularly welcome. The ability to work collaboratively and interdisciplinary with strong written and communication skills is highly desired. A track record including international conferences and journal publications is a plus. Strong hands-on and/or programming skills are highly preferred. The applicants are expected to be familiar with one or more of the following platforms: SolidWorks, ADAMS, ABAQUS/ANSYS, Python, PyTorch, MATLAB, ROS, Arduino, Raspberry Pi.

If you are interested in working with me, I encourage you to apply to the Purdue IE PhD program and mention me in your statement. Feel free to contact me via email (yushe@purdue.edu) with the title “Prospective PhD Students” and include the following information: (1) your CV including TOEFL and GRE (if applicable), (2) a copy of your transcripts; (3) a brief description of your background and research interests; and (4) representative publications or writing samples if available. I will reach out if there is a potential fit.

About the PI:

Dr. She will join Purdue University School of Industrial Engineering as a tenure-track assistant professor in 2021 Fall. He is currently a postdoctoral researcher at MIT Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL). He received his PhD in Mechanical Engineering at Ohio State University in 2018. His research, at the intersection of mechanical design, sensory perception, and dynamic control, explores human-safe collaborative robots (cobots), soft robotics, and dexterous robotic manipulation. He aims to develop intrinsically safe and high performing robots that can share workspaces with human and help people perform daily manipulation tasks. He received the Presidential Fellowship at the Ohio State University. He is a recipient of the Best Paper Finalist at the 2020 Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS), the Best Paper Award at the 2018 ASME Dynamic Systems & Control Conference (DSCC), and the Best Paper Finalist at the 2013 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO). Please find more details on his personal webpage: https://sites.google.com/view/yu-she

About Purdue University and Industrial Engineering:

“Purdue University is a public land-grant research university in West Lafayette, Indiana, and the flagship campus of the Purdue University system. The main campus in West Lafayette offers more than 200 majors for undergraduates, over 69 masters and doctoral programs. Purdue has been associated with 13 Nobel laureates, 1 Turing Award laureate, 2 World Food Prize laureates, 2 Pulitzer Prize winners, 23 Olympic medalists, 3 National Medal of Technology and Innovation recipients, 2 National Medal of Science recipients, and 3 Presidential Medal of Freedom recipients” [wiki]. Purdue University Engineering's graduate program was ranked #4 in the United States by U.S. News & World Report for 2022. The graduate program of School of Industrial Engineering was ranked 10th.

回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2021-4-16
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2021-7-9 19:59:10 |只看该作者
Deadline approaching!
Spring 2022 PhD program 截止日期为 September 1, 2021. 欢迎申请!

使用道具 举报

RE: Funded PhD Positions in Robotics at Purdue University [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
Funded PhD Positions in Robotics at Purdue University