寄托币
注册时间
2007-2-12
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-4 10:54:34 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Some people think that governments should spend as much money as possible on developing or buying computer technology. Other people disagree and think that this money should be spent on more basic needs. Which one of these opinions do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.口语:   
A gift (such as a camera, a soccer ball, or an animal) can contribute to a child’s development. What gift would you give to help a child develop? Why? Use reasons and specific examples to support your choice.

作文:
             Spend money developing computer technology, or for basic needs on earth?
      In the last twenty years, new computer technologies came out more and more rapidly, the speed of CPUs are increasing by one to three orders of magnitude, new interface of internet brought us new experience of surfing on the Internet. It is a fact that these great progresses were feed by myriad money government spent, many people argued it is a wise investment in our society, however, I tend to agree government should spend these money for basic need on earth.
     The first reason I want to say is that through out the world, there are millions and millions people who are homeless, and even cannot afford to eat. These people need help from the government. If the government has so much money on developing new computer technology, it should be easy to help these people to get a chance to work and home. The government should establish more school for training these people to get a skill, and a job. That is more important nowadays than developing or buying computer technology.
     The second, pollution is another major problem which plague all of these developing and industrial countries. Instead of spending money on new thing, we should be focusing on how to fix the one we live on. The ozone layer is getting more and more thinner every year, which means the ultraviolet radiation of the sun is causing more damage on our health. The government should put more money on solving the issue, such as set up new unpolluted factory, clean up the water of river, and reduce the contamination of air. If the government do not do these, maybe someday we have to play computer games with wearing gas mask.
     In addition to the problems of pollution and poor, the general population could benefit from the money as well. In many nations, the welfare system leave so many things to be desire. I think that these should also put towards to improve the level of living.
     In conclusion, while the new computer technology is fascinating, I believe governments should spend this money for our basic needs, that makes future more brilliant.                       
August 2, 2007

口语:
To help a child develop, I would give a computer to he/her as a gift. First, as a product of new technology, computer can increase the curiosity of new things to child. When I was a child, I always wanted to know how my computer works, so I always interested in it. Second, through computer, child can have a access to outer world. For instance, we use internet to search want we want to know. So I think computer is an ideal gift for child.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-11-10
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-8-5 09:12:24 |只看该作者
Spend money developing computer technology, or for basic needs on earth?  1
      In the lasttwenty years, new computer technologies came out more and more rapidly,the speed of CPUs are increasing by one to three orders of magnitude,new interface of internet brought us new experience of surfing on theInternet. It is a fact that these great progresses were feed by myriadmoney government spent, many people argued it is a wise investment inour society, however, I tend to agree government should spend thesemoney for basic need on earth.
     The first reasonI want to say is that through out the world, there are millions andmillions people who are homeless, and even cannot afford to eat. Thesepeople need help from the government. If the government has so muchmoney on developing new computer technology, it should be easy to helpthese people to get a chance to work and home. The government shouldestablish more school for training these people to get a skill, and ajob. That is more important nowadays than developing or buying computertechnology.
     The second,pollution is another major problem which plague all of these developingand industrial countries. Instead of spending money on new thing, weshould be focusing on how to fix the one we live on. The ozone layer isgetting more and more thinner every year, which means the ultravioletradiation of the sun is causing more damage on our health. Thegovernment should put more money on solving the issue, such as set upnew unpolluted factory, clean up the water of river, and reduce thecontamination of air. If the government do not do these, maybe somedaywe have to play computer games with wearing gas mask.
     In addition tothe problems of pollution and poor, the general population couldbenefit from the money as well. In many nations, the welfare systemleave so many things to be desire. I think that these should also puttowards to improve the level of living.
     In conclusion,while the new computer technology is fascinating, I believe governmentsshould spend this money for our basic needs, that makes future morebrilliant.                       
August 2, 2007
1,不用写标题吧
2,一些用词的细节,比如单复数,过去式,冠词的使用还有一些瑕疵
3,个人感觉范文的痕迹重了些,如果多一些自己的东西,会更好。

口语:
To help a childdevelop, I would give a computer to he/her as a gift. First, as aproduct of new technology, computer can increase the curiosity of newthings to child. When I was a child, I always wanted to know how mycomputer works, so I always interested in it. Second, through computer,child can have a access to outer world. For instance, we use internetto search want we want to know. So I think computer is an ideal giftfor child. 口语不错,条理清楚,标红的一句可以扩充一下:broaden their horizon等等
不懈地努力
来告慰自己未竟的梦想!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-2-12
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-8-6 18:15:55 |只看该作者

谢谢 呵呵