注册时间
2007-8-7
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2008-5-7 22:43:59 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
XDJM谢拉~~~
3.你同不同意Drivers should pay a fee to be allowed to drive on the city streets during the time when there is the greatest amount of traffic.是否同意在城市里堵车的时候行车要收费

New Yorkers waved banners and shouted protest slogans during a parade which was named by media reports as "the March to N.Y. City Hall"; they wanted to voice their opinions that they should not be taxed when their cars enter the Manhattan central business district during rush hours. Many people were shocked and disagreed on the fact that global cities such as Singapore, London and New York have decided to impose taxes on vehicles to drive on the city streets at peak hours. From my personal perspective, I support the actions by the government to tax the vehicles and my reasons are as follows.

First and foremost, the purpose of such a tax is to reschedule people's daily routine. For instance, Singapore imposed an ERP program to control the traffic flow in the city states' central business districts. From eight to ten a.m. throughout the week except Sundays, vehicles entering the designated zones would have to pay a toll and a time-scale for evening rush hours apply as well. With this act implemented, Singaporeans rescheduled their timetable, going to work early and choosing alternative routes that are neither charged nor jammed. The government was able to control the traffic flow in downtown and the gas emission problems were eased by a measure that encouraged people to simply reschedule. Therefore benefiting the people with efficiency when behind the wheels and helping the government solve problematic traffic and environmental problems.

Also, the revenue from the taxes could be put to better use. As another case in point, the Singaporean government put the incomes of the ERP program to good use by building more parks, planting more trees and most importantly, they upgraded the subway and other public transportation systems. With the rapid improvement of the public transportation sector, many of those people who used to prefer driving had joyfully turned to the bus-ticket conductor. Thus, the roads in downtown Singapore remained fast flowing and the sea breeze of this tropical country stayed fresh.

It is clear to us that, although it may seem unreasonable for governments to tax vehicles just for driving on certain roads during certain times at first, the action will eventually benefit both the environment and us in the long run. All in all, I believe that I have discussed enough and it should be safe to conclude that drivers should be made to pay the fee.

[ 本帖最后由 hyacinth 于 2008-5-7 23:07 编辑 ]
已有 1 人评分寄托币 收起 理由
hyacinth + 5 谢谢分享

总评分: 寄托币 + 5   查看全部投币

回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-2-9
精华
帖子

QQ联合登录 IBT Elegance Virgo处女座 GRE斩浪之魂 US Advisor Golden Apple 荣誉版主

沙发
发表于 2008-5-7 23:20:01 |只看该作者
大致扫了一下,写得很不错 ;d:

非要让我鸡蛋里挑骨头的话, 就是自己的观点偏少了点, 文章的全部篇幅几乎都是描述性语言.
然后结尾有点点模板的痕迹.

感觉lz不像大陆考生  嘻嘻 :rolleyes:

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-5-21
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2008-5-11 20:34:54 |只看该作者
真的写得好啊 ~