注册时间
2009-3-23
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-7-6 13:42:53 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 余霞成绮 于 2009-7-6 13:46 编辑

170"The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists, but the general welfare of all its people."

As a matter of fact, the issue of whether the surest indicator of a great nation is the achievements of its rulers, artists, and scientists or not is a complex and controversial one. On the one hand, many people may feel that the general welfare of all its people will be a great push to the nation, and correspondingly admit that the general welfare is the main factor; on the other hand, it can be noted that the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists are significant and indispensable. There is no universal answer to this question; so various of people can hold conflicting opinions due to their distinct backgrounds and values. As far as I am concerned, I completely disagree with the author. My view can be greatly substantiated by the reasons addressed below.

Admittedly, as a whole country, the general welfare of all its people plays a great role in the promotion of the nation. Whether a nation is powerful and prosperous depends on its economy, politics and culture. However, the welfare can only reflect the conditions of economy of its nation, let alone politics and culture. I must confess myself that the three factors are of importance to the development of the nation, but they are inseparable to the leader of the country. The rulers, artists and scientist will give a great contribution to the nation.

The rulers maintain the peace and steady of the nation. Without an outstanding ruler, a nation will not have a great improvement in a short period of time. For example, as is known to all, the core leadership of Clinton promotes the development of the nation. Clinton was impeached in his early presidential time. Nevertheless, he conquered his psychological shadow and kept fighting. He analyzed the opponents to find a better solution to the nation. He learned a lot of information, selected and re-compiled together, and ultimately the formation of a new, full of wit and creativity of the complete system. Without Clinton, the USA cannot be improved so much.

Not only do rulers make great impact on the nation, artists also influence the grow of the country. Lady Gaga is popular these days. People search for the Internet and download her new song "Poker Face". Music can cultivate the character and help to narrow the distance between people. Moreover, painters open the windows of our soul. They convey their unique feeling to us with their attractive painting. What I have said above is the spiritual wealth of people in the nation and it also made the nation become better and more diversified.

Finally, scientists make use of new technology to change our life. It is convenient to our life. What's more, it increases the welfare of the citizens in the nation. For instance, surfing the Internet broadens our horizons. We can keep abreast of current events and we are access to the latest knowledge and information. Furthermore, users can chat with impunity to reduce the burden of school work to ease the pressure. In addition, network of schools for our students is the most benefit, we can stay at home to receive the guidance of a teacher. Nowadays, American scientists come to a conclusion that work overload and obesity will reduce your lifetime. Lifetime is the one of the most concerned questions in the modern society. Since then, scientists also play an important role to the nation.

To sum up, there are still several other aspects relevant to the issue under discussion, which, unfortunately, I have no time to explore in detail here. But the above discussed reasons should in a large sense justify my conclusion that the surest indicator of a great nation is the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-3-23
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2009-7-6 13:43:23 |只看该作者
第一篇ISSUE
烂文一篇