声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-2 23:42:07 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 CMGS 于 2009-8-3 01:01 编辑

题目:ISSUE130 - "How children are socialized today determines the destiny of society. Unfortunately, we have not yet learned how to raise children who can help bring about a better society."
字数:587          用时:00:44:11          日期:2009/8/2 23:41:51

Nowadays, children are recognized as our society future. Some people thought that how children are sociazlized today would determine the destiny of our society. And they worry about that humans have not yet learned how to raise children to help bring about a better society. From my perspective, I partly agree with the point which is a little bit one-sided as I see it. In order to make our society become more better, I think we should teach our children more.

Admittedly, I agree that children is our country, our world's future. How children are socialized is very important to the future of our society. As far as I am concerned, children means hope, they have more time to study the technology, science and etc of our current world. Depending on this, they will stand on our shoulder and watch farther. So that, some problems in our world which is unsolved by us might be resolved by them, then impel our civilization developing and make our society become better. In this process, I think socialization of our children is act as a very important role. The more children are socialized, the more they know our current society, and it will help they close to the essential of the society. When they grow up, I believe that they will know how to deal with those problems of our society. Therefore, we couldn't prevent our children become more socialized.

Whereas, in my opinion, I think there aremany other alternatives would influence and determine the fate of our society.Society is complex and developing in a rapidly way. In this case, society isnot only determined by the people but also influenced by other situations. Forexample, the technology, which is already make our society become much moredifferent from the past. As we know that nowadays, no matter whom you are, nomatter where you are, no matter what you want, without the Internet, you willfind out that it hard to do everything. Simultaneously, our society is alsochanged by the Internet; people communicate with others through it, learnknowledge from some websites, working in houses by using some software, evenchildren could be educated by teachers in face to face ways without go toschool because the Internet. Many revolutionists launched a democraticrevolution in the East Europe country through the Internet and determined thesociety. Thus, we also should consider that other factors would also influencethe destiny of our society.

Moreover, I disagree that we have not yet learned how to raise children, on the contrary, I thinkn we know how to teach our children and raise them become a useful person in the future. Nowadays, the education system as a very significant department in most nations all around world. As we know that the budget of education is increased rapidly by the governments every year. And, we also could see many children find work in society when they have holiday, it will help them to recognize the society and learn the communicating skills. So that I believe that people know how to teach our children and make them become better and better.

To sum up, chirld is our future, we must let them know the essential of our society and at the same time, we should promote our education system and teach our children how to become a knowledgeable, just, kind and honest people.

题目:ARGUMENT223 - The following appeared as an editorial in one of Coleville's city newspapers.

"Even though a high percentage of Coleville City's businesses failed last year, we who live in Coleville City should keep in mind the fact that the Coleville region has attracted a great many new businesses over the last three years. It is well known that new businesses are, on average, much more likely to fail than are long-established ones, so the business failures should not be considered a sign of poor economic health. Indeed, many analysts regard the presence of a significant number of new companies among a region's businesses as a sign of economic health. Thus Coleville City appears to be in good, not poor, economic shape."
字数:449          用时:00:25:19          日期:2009/8/2 23:41:51

In this argument, the author claims that the Coleville City appears to be in good, not poor, economic shape. In order to support this conclusion, the author provides that the city has attracted a great many new businesses over the last three years, although a high percentage of those businesses failed last year. And the author cites many analysts to claims that the presence of a significant number of new companies among a region's businesses is a sign of economic health. It seems that those evidences could support the conclusion strongly, but after examination, I have to say that it reveals little credible.

First of all, as far as I am concerned, the city has attracted a great many new businesses over the last three years didn't indicate that the city appears to be in good economic shape. I mean there are many other alternatives would cause the same results. Like the policy or resource will also influence the number of the nuew businesses. So that I think that this evidence couldn't support that conclusion.

Besides, the author claims that the new businesses are, on average, much more likely to fail than are long-established ones, is a reason why a high percentage of Colleville City's businesses failed last year. First, I disagree that the new businesses are much more likely to fail than are long-established ones. As we know that mart is based on demand and supply, so that the demand of new businesses' mart would bigger than the long-established one. In that sight, I think the new businesses are much more likely to success than are long-established. But in Coleville City, many businesses failed last year, so that I think it might be the mart have been declined because the city appears to be in poor economic shape. So that I can't believe the explain which is provided by the author to support the conclusion. Secondly, even if the new business are much more likely to fail than are long-established, however, the author didn't provides that just new businesses failed last year. As the author provides, I think that the businesses which failed last year, included the new business and long-established business. So that I think it support the economy is in poor, not good, and make the conclusion become groundless and unconvincing.

Thus, through I mentioned above, I think the argument is little cogent. To make me believe that the Coleville City appears to be in good, not poor, economic shape, I need the author provide more detail information about the businesses which failed last year and the data of the demands. Also, the author should rule out other alternatives which would attract businesses to the city.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-6-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-3 01:02:55 |只看该作者
题目:ARGUMENT223 - The following appeared as an editorial in one of Coleville's city newspapers.

"Even though a high percentage of Coleville City's businesses failed last year, we who live in Coleville City should keep in mind the fact that the Coleville region has attracted a great many new businesses over the last three years. It is well known that new businesses are, on average, much more likely to fail than are long-established ones, so the business failures should not be considered a sign of poor economic health. Indeed, many analysts regard the presence of a significant number of new companies among a region's businesses as a sign of economic health. Thus Coleville City appears to be in good, not poor, economic shape."
字数:449          用时:00:25:19          日期:2009/8/2 23:41:51
fact -->a high percentage of fail
a high percentage fail + many new business + compare long-established--> new business fail is main factor
new business increase + analysts-->a good shape

In this argument, the author claims that the Coleville City appears to be in good, not poor, economic shape. In order to support this conclusion, the author provides that the city has attracted a great many new businesses over the last three years, although a high percentage of those businesses failed last year. And the author cites many analysts to claims that the presence of a significant number of new companies among a region's businesses is a sign of economic health. It seems that those evidences could support the conclusion strongly, but after examination, I have to say that it reveals little credible.(我的天啊,你的开头真是千年不变,复述或转述是没意义的,我目测了这里至少有90个字,太浪费了,比如说那个analyst只要指出有这么个事就行了,有哪些证据表明,或者有些样的假设,体现自己的逻辑链即可,下次别叫我再改你的开头)

First of all, as far as I am concerned, the city has attracted a great many new businesses over the last three years 和开头雷同,所以开头要改didn't indicate that the city appears to be in good economic shape. I mean 很别扭there are many other alternatives would cause the same results. Like the policy or resource will also influence the number of the nuew businesses. So that I think that this evidence couldn't support that conclusion.这道题是叫你怎么攻击,应该是指出经济是衰败的,你却说一个繁荣的经济应该由哪些导致,要攻击这点可以,你可以说这些analyst的可信有多少,没有任何证据表明新的商业代表繁荣,要攻击事实的本质,才有力度

Besides, the author claims that the new businesses are, on average, much more likely to fail than are long-established ones, is a reason why (应该是is the main cause for CC have a high XXXbusiness failed in last year)a high percentage of Colleville City's businesses failed last year. First, I disagree that the new businesses are much more likely to fail than are long-established ones.啰嗦,珊之 As we know that mart is based on demand and supply, 这样写就限制了自己的思想,商业是可以说很多的竞争力,新设备啦新的服务啊XXXX 要体现新的优势在哪里so that the demand of new businesses' mart would bigger than the long-established one. In that sight, I think the new businesses are much more likely to success than are long-established. But in Coleville City, many businesses failed last year, so that I think it might be the mart have been declined because the city appears to be in poor economic shape. 这句话在这里毫无意义So that I can't believe the explain which is provided by the author to support the conclusion. Secondly, even if the new business are much more likely to fail than are long-established, however, the author didn't provides that just only会不会好点new businesses failed last year. As the author provides, I think that the businesses which failed last year, included the new business and long-established business.(both new and long-established businesses)So that I think it support the economy is in poor, not good, 与上面的论证有何联系,你的ts是在讨论两个经济体的问题,要针对新的比旧的弱~~and make the conclusion become groundless and unconvincing.

Thus, through I mentioned above, I think the argument is little cogent. To make me believe that the Coleville City appears to be in good, not poor, economic shape, I need the author provide more detail information about the businesses which failed last year and the data of the demands. Also, the author should rule out other alternatives which would attract businesses to the city.结尾很娴熟

我能提个建议吗~~~写完以后~~自己改下~~再发上来~~才有收获~~你现在又不是考试~~

插播一条广告~~https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=991073&extra=

我 很无良~~
I like this life and I will do it for my best

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-6-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-3 01:39:38 |只看该作者
题目:ISSUE130 - "How children are socialized today determines the destiny of society. Unfortunately, we have not yet learned how to raise children who can help bring about a better society."
字数:587          用时:00:44:11          日期:2009/8/2 23:41:51

Nowadays, children are recognized as our society future. Some people thought that how children are sociazlized today would determine the destiny of our society. And they worry about that humans have not yet learned how to raise children to help bring about a better society. From my perspective, I partly agree with the point which is a little bit one-sided as I see it. In order to make our society become more better, I think we should teach our children more.复述题目,强烈要求,改之

Admittedly, I agree that children is our country, our world's future.中国式,改之 How很精髓,句子调整下霸however, the children XXX children are socialized is very important to the future of our society. As far as I am concerned, children means hope,我爱中国,改之 they have more time to study the technology, science and etc of our current world. 我们是需要这样的技巧,而不是时间,即使是时间,也需要时间Depending on this, they will stand on our shoulder and watch farther.么子意思 So that, some problems in our world which is 复数吧unsolved by us might be resolved by them, then impel our civilization developing and make our society become better.此句我读萌了 In this process, I think socialization of our children is act as a very important role. The more children are socialized, the more they know our current society, and it will help they close to the essential of the society.说到本质的时候,加深下,有哪些 When they grow up, I believe that they will know how to deal with those problems of inour society. Therefore, we couldn't prevent our children become more socialized.题目是赞成的,我们应该投入更多在这个上面或者促进,不要说不能阻止一类的话

Whereas, in my opinion, I think there aremany other alternatives would influence and determine the fate of our society.Society is complex and developing in a rapidly way. In this case, society isnot only determined by the people but also influenced by other situations. Forexample, the technology, which is already make our society become much moredifferent from the past. As we know that nowadays, no matter whom you are, nomatter where you are, no matter what you want, without the Internet, you willfind out that it hard to do everything. 孩子是社会群体,你举例也要说是哪些群体有很大的作用,说科学家比这个技术好吧Simultaneously, our society is alsochanged by the Internet; people communicate with others through it, learnknowledge from some websites, working in houses by using some software, evenchildren could be educated by teachers in face to face ways without go toschool because the Internet. Many revolutionists launched a democraticrevolution in the East Europe country through the Internet and determined thesociety. 不知道的以为你的这篇文章是写网络的作用,偏了吧Thus, we also should consider that other factors would also influencethe destiny of our society.就说了一个例子,就开始提观点,太没说服力

Moreover, I disagree 这个词个人不主张用that we have not yet learned how to raise children, on the contrary, I thinkn we know how to teach our children and raise 换下形式them become a useful person 这个是你自己提出来的吧,怎么才算useful,不好说吧in the future. Nowadays, the education system as a very significant department in most nations all around world. N年后的事,孩子们会实现的As we know that the budget of education is increased rapidly by the governments every year.增加预算,就是有效的教育吗??? And, we also could see many children find work in society when they have holiday, it will help them to recognize the society and learn the communicating skills.社会提供了更多的机会给孩子们,体现我们对孩子的关心,而不是孩子去干什么 So that I believe that people know how to teach our children and make them become better and better.这样都有如此肯定的结论,至少也举个成功地教育例子吧,增加投资,提供机会,最多可以说明孩子的教育越拉越受到关注,不一定有用,此段太废了~~CC啊~~~

To sum up, chirldchild is our future, 爱我中华,改之we must let them know the essential of our society and at the same time, we should promote our education system and teach our children how to become a knowledgeable, just, kind and honest people.
你的中国的英语还是很好的~~加油吧~~不多说了~~
I like this life and I will do it for my best

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-3 02:27:33 |只看该作者
收到。。恩。。。我改之。。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-3 21:49:28 |只看该作者
题目:ISSUE50 - "In order to improve the quality of instruction at the college and university level, all faculty should be required to spend time working outside the academic world in professions relevant to the courses they teach."
字数:604          用时:00:44:05          日期:2009/8/3 21:46:30

With the education system reforming, more and more people think that teachers  need not only teaching skills but also social experience. As far as I am concerned, I agree that the society become more and more comlex today, if we just study knowledge from our book, we might not adapt to the cadence of our society after graduated. So that, in order to improve the quality of instruction at the college and university level, I partly approve this point that faculty should spend time working outside, but I think we should consider different conditions.

First of all, in my point, in some area, it is necessary that the faculty spend time on working outside the academic world in professions relevant. We know that nowadays, the society is developing very rapidly and hugely, and in this situation, some knowledge would be changed by the proceeding of the development. So that it is highly possible that the knowledge which is educated from our teacher is wrong. Therefore, the faculty work outside would improve their knowledge hierarchy. Just imagine that if the faculty just teach the knowledge from the book to the students, what will happen when those student graduated. I believe that those students would hardly to adapt to the society after graduated in first few years. For example, in the IT area, we know that there is a famous theory which is called Moore theorem, it shows that the unit of CPU would increased double and become more complex after 18 months. Through this example, I have say that if the faculty didn't working outside and know  the trend of the CPU, he might damage to the quality of instruction.

In other hand, the faculty spend time on working outside the academic world not only improve their knowledge hierarchy but also give more benefits to their students. As I mentioned above, when the faculty working outside and gain more experience and new knowledge, they would teach their students in the classroom more or less. In short, students would gain more information, knowledge and experience from their teacher which is working outside. It is very important to help students adapt to the complex and developing society. Nowadays, more and more companies need the employees have enough experience which is relevant to their major. Especially in the Information Explosion, companies pay more attention on experience not the knowledge. So that I believe that if the faculty worked outside, the students would gain more experience from their teachers and adapt to the society when they graduated.

Whereas, in some area, from my perspective, I disagree that the faculty should be required to spend time working outshide like some the field of abstract theory. Why the faculty in those area would be better if they didn't work outside? As we know that, in this kind of realm, the knowledge need the faculty try their best and use the whole energy to find out because this kind of area is unknown by our human beings. The faculty in those kind of realms couldn't have much more time to deal with the work which is outside. And I think that if the faculty place more emphsis on the outside work, it will influence their own research and also harm the quality of instruction. Thus, according to the field of abstract theory, I disagree that the faculty should work outside.

In sum, it is surely that in some fields, the faculty working outside would improve the quality of instruction at college and university level. But to my thinking, in some area, the faculty had better put their whole energy on the research.

题目:ARGUMENT69 - Yellow-legged frogs were once common in high-altitude lakes in the Sierra Nevada mountains, but they have become increasingly rare. Trout feed on tadpoles and young frogs. Few lakes in the Sierra Nevada had any trout in them until a hundred years ago. At that time, many lakes were stocked with trout for recreational fishing, and now trout are common in virtually all bodies of water in the Sierra Nevada. Researchers removed the trout from one lake, and the frog population soon quadrupled. Since frogs are capable of moving several miles over land, removing trout from just a few lakes is clearly the way to restore the frog population to its former levels.
字数:449          用时:00:28:15          日期:2009/8/3 21:46:30

In this argument, the author tells us that Yellow-legged frogs were decreased, if we want to restore the frog population to its former levels, we should remove the trout from the lake which is in the Sierra Nevada mountains. To support this conclusion, the author provides that trout feed on tadpoles and youg frogs. And to strength the conclusion, the author cites results from a research as basis to support the conclusion. It seems like those evidences could support the conclusion strongly, but after careful examination, I have to say that it reveals little credible.

First of all, in my opinion, the author fails to establish a relationship between the trout and the frog pupulation. From the author says, I find that although the trout feed on tadpoles and young frogs, there are many other alternatives would cause the frog population have been decreased. It is highly possible that the change of environment make the population of frog have been declined. And as the author provides, frogs are capable of moving several miles over land, so that perhaps many frogs were moving to another place during the hundred years and make the population of frogs in the Sierra Nevada mountains was decreasing. Thus, we couldn't assert that the decreasing of frog population just because the trout are common in virtually all lakes.

Moreover, the author cites a research as basis to support the conclusion, however, I think this research is little credible and convincing. First, the researchers just removed the trout from one lake, it might not representative to all lakes which is in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Maybe other factor would be changed when researchers removing the trout from this lake like some food which is ate by the frog was increasing. So that it would explain why the frog population soon quadrupled. Second, the search didn't rule out other alternatives which is cause the result. Like I mentioned above, the author said that frogs are capable of moving several miles over land. Maybe after researchers removed the trout, many frogs moved from other lakes and cause the population of frog in this lake was increased. So that I think this research didn't support what the author conclude strongly and founded.

To sum up, the conclusion lack credibility because the evidence cited in the analysis does not lend strong support to what the author maintains. To strength the conclusion, I need the author provide more evidences about the trout would surely eat many tadpoles and young frogs and it caused the frog population declined. Also, I think the author should do more research on other lakes to support that remove the trout would make the frog population raise.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-3 23:55:16 |只看该作者
题目:ISSUE40 - "Scholars and researchers should not be concerned with whether their work makes a contribution to the larger society. It is more important that they pursue their individual interests, however unusual or idiosyncratic those interests may seem."
字数:579          用时:00:37:51          日期:2009/8/3 23:55:02

Thank to the scholars and researchers bring so much more benefits to our society and make our society develop rapidly and hugely. When the scholars and researchers doing their job, there a debate on what they should be concerned. Someone consider that scholars and researchers should not be concerned with the contribution and they should place more emphasis on their individual interests. As far as I am concerned, I partly agree that scholars and researchers should pursue their interests, however, how their work makes a contribution to the society is also very improtant.

First of all, in my opinion, I think the interset is a best teacher for us to reach our goal. As we know that, if we want to do something, we would feel that we have power to make it become real. Why interest is a best teacher to us? From my perspective, interests would point us what we want, and it would give us power to pursue our dream. That is the reason why so many people are success in their interesting fields. For example, Steven Jobs, the CEO of the Apple Inc, is famous for his paranoia. He use his whole life to pursue the art combine the computer technology. Thank to his work, today we could use such beautiful and convenient operation system and the mobile phone. Moreover, Bill Gates, the chairman of Microsoft, is famous for his education experience. He gave up the lesson of Harvard and pursued his dream, and we know that he successed, not only he become the richest of the world, but also change our life style. Therefore, I believe that interests would point a way which shows that what we want and give us power to pursue our dream.

On the other hand, to my way of thinking, I disagree that scholars and researchers should not be concerned with whether their work makes a contribution to the larger society. I think all of scholars and researchers should consider the influence of their work. Because their work is to explore the unknown world which is out of our civilization. Maybe we will gain benefits from their work like research of physics let us fly in sky, dive into sea and drive on land. But we couldn't make sure that all results from scholars and researchers' work would benefit us, in other word, their work also would bring us disaster. For example, through chemical researches, people find out that the oil could give us more power to let machine do some work. In that case, people began use oil abusively and make much more environment problems like the Global Warming and so on. Furthermore, the nuclear technology solve our power problems, but the nuclear weapon and radiation also kill more and more people. Consequently, I have to say that scholars and researchers need to consider the influence of their work.

Thus, when scholars and researchers are pursuing their individual interests, they should consider the influence at the same time. Admittedly, interesting could lead them to reach their own goal, whereas the results is very important to our civilizations. Like I mentioned above, if Jobs and Gates didn't pursue their dream, we couldn't us PC to access the Internet and communicate with others and so on. If scholars and researchers didn't consider the problem which is brought by the research of cloning, our civilizaiton would become chaos. In sum, both interesting and contribution are concerned by the scholars and researchers.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-4 23:09:05 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 CMGS 于 2009-8-4 23:27 编辑

题目:ISSUE11 - "All nations should help support the development of a global university designed to engage students in the process of solving the world's most persistent social problems."
字数:592          用时:00:40:28          日期:2009/8/4 23:07:32

With the society developing rapidly and hugely, humans not only be benefited but also have to face more and more problems. To deal with those problems, someone recommend that all nations should support a global university and teach students how to solve the world's most persistent social problems. While, as far as I am concerned, I agree that all nation should face and solve those problems together, however, I don't think that all nation help support the development of a global university is a good idea.

Admittedly, with the technology and science developing, the world have been changed and became more and more complex. In one hand, people gained many benefits from the Information Revolution and so on. In another hand, we should face more and more problems we never faced before. For example, nowadays, we could easily access to the Internet and do almost everthing if we want like communicate with others, buy clothes,  order gifts and play games.Whereas, we also need to worry about out health condition become more and more terrible because we spend much time on seating before the computer. Moreover, we could drive the car to cross the continent, pilot the plane to fly in the sky and explore the deep sea through the submarine. But there is a problem which is harmful for our air is that those machine would make serious air pollution like the Global Warming. In short, every thing has two-side, when we enjoy today's technology we also need consider those problems which were casued by it.

Therefore, in my opinion, all nation should unite to deal with those global problems. As I think, those global problems couldn't be solved only by one country or a few nations. That means that to solve those problem, we should use much more resources and only then will have a chance to resolve those problems. So that just using one nation's resources like money or technology couldn't solve those problems even it will make those problems become more terrible. Like the Global Warming, if just the USA or China restricted the number of the cars in their country, it would make little contribute to solve this problem. But if all nation around the world accept the restriction which is about the number of cars and research the new power to support the development of the society, I believe that this problem would be solved soon. In sum, for our next generation, I have to say that we must unite together and find out a way to deal with those global problems.

And, from my perspective, I disagree that build a global university could help us to deal with those problems. I think that there are many other methods we can use to solve the world's problems, why should we support the development of a global university? First, we should consider the different between the dissimilar areas. Not every country could support a global university, like some African country which is in the war, they can afford a global university even they need our help. Second, perhaps support this kind of university couldn't solve any problem because students from all nations in the world and they have their own view about those problems. For this reason, it isn't a good idea to deal with those problems and by contrast nations should unite in researches of those problems would benefit more.

To sum up, thank to the contemporary technology let us have such wonderful life,  but we could not forget there are many problems we should solve together.

题目:ARGUMENT50 - From a draft textbook manuscript submitted to a publisher.

"As Earth was being formed out of the collision of space rocks, the heat from those collisions and from the increasing gravitational energy of the planet made the entire planet molten, even the surface. Any water present would have evaporated and gone off into space. As the planet approached its current size, however, its gravitation became strong enough to hold gases and water vapor around it as an atmosphere. Because comets are largely ice made up of frozen water and gases, a comet striking Earth then would have vaporized. The resulting water vapor would have been retained in the atmosphere, eventually falling as rain on the cooled and solidified surface of Earth. Therefore, the water in Earth's oceans must have originated from comets."
字数:423          用时:00:27:52          日期:2009/8/4 23:07:32

Well, grounding on those evidences which is mentioned above, the author claims that the wather in Earth's oceans must have originated from comets. It seems like this conclusion is supported strongly and cogently, however, after careful examination, I have to say that this argument is full of logical fallacy.

First of all, the author provides that the resulting water vapor would have been retained in the atmosphere and falling as rain on the surface of Earth couldn't make be believe that the water of oceans have from comets just because the comets are largely ice made up of frozen water and gases. As we know that compare with the Earth, the coment is smaller, and the 71% surface of Earth is oceans, without the detailed information about how much water was brought from the comets, I can't believe that the whole water in Earth's oceans was depending on the ice of coments. Perhaps other alternatives cause the same results like some chemical reaction. Moreover, even if the comets brought the water to the earth, however, the author didn't provides any information to proof that the resulting water vapor would have been retained in the atmosphere, falling as rain on the surface of Earth.  I mean that the rain may be not falling into the ocean, it will freeze in the earth's poles. In short, those evidences couldn't let me convince that the water was brought by the comets.

Furthermore, I think that the author didn't provide any evidence that there were comets would strike the earth when the Earth have enough gravitation. In this sight, we couldn't assert that the water vapor would exist when the gravitation became strong enough to hold gases and water vapor. Perhaps after the Earth have ability to hold the gases and water vapor as its atmosphere, there were few comets to strike the earth. So that the water in Earth's oceans might have originated from other factors. And I could assume that after the Earth have enough gravitation, the surface may be very hot, even if many comets which were made by ice strike the surface, the ice would become vapor and escape into the space in other ways. Therefore, without any evidence to support that there are enough comets would strike the Earth, I can't believe the author's provide.

To sum up, the argument is little credible and convincing, as far as I am concerned, the author should provide more information about how many comets strike the Earth and is this water falling into the oceans.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-5 16:55:44 |只看该作者
题目:ISSUE170 - "The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists, but the general welfare of all its people."
字数:492          用时:00:43:36          日期:2009/8/5 16:55:24

Well, with our society developing rapidly and hugely, our life has been changed. Nowadays, some one claims that the surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements or ites rulers. They thought that the general welfare of all its people could indicate of a great nation. As far as I am concerned, I partly agree with this one-side point and I think that in order to evaluate a country is great or not, we should consider more.

First of all, what is a general welfare? Well, as I see, the general welfare means that the nation provides some public system to ensure your life. Like public education system, health system  and so on. Those system are founded by government through our tax, the object of those system is to make sure that the people could live well and the society in order. And those system will be influenced and determined by the society and the government's policy. At the same time, the welfare is based on the development of technology and science. For example, the public health system, if the Information Revolution would never happen, we might not enjoy such convenient health service. Moreover, without the computer technology, our children would not study such vividly and broadly. Thus, the welfare is based on the achievements of scientists and others.

Next, even though our material life become better, however, I have to say that the mental life is also very important to us. Therefore, the welfare  is not benefit us in material ways, but also need to make our mental life satisifed. Like the Maslow theory of needs provides, people need to survive and when people could live well, they would pursue the higher hierarchy --- the spiritual satisfaction. That's is why even we can recognize the life and society through the video camera, we also need cognize the mental activity through words. So that, in my opinion, the walfare could not ignore the people's mental demands, and it is very significant to our life.

Admittedly, I agree that a nation which could provide a good welfare to its people, shows that this country is great, however, too better  welfare would also cause some social problems. In this case, I have to say that people would place too much emphasis on the nation's welfare, perhaps they would working not hard any more and just want to retire and enjoy the nation's welfare. As I know, some county in the Europe have a very good welfare, this welfare could provide more than normal wage per a month, and also supply some social privilege like high priority in public health system and so on, especially in German. In that matter, I think that this welfare would decrease the people's passion in working even damage the whole country.

Thus, the surest indicator of a great nation is both the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists and the general welfare of all ites people.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-6 03:42:38 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 CMGS 于 2009-8-6 03:49 编辑

题目:ISSUE235 - "Most people are taught that loyalty is a virtue. But loyalty-whether to one's friends, to one's school or place of employment, or to any institution-is all too often a destructive rather than a positive force."
字数:599          用时:00:44:43          日期:2009/8/6 3:42:23

Well, nowadays, I often hear that people debate on whether the loyalty is a destructive or a positive force. From my perspective, sometimes, the loyalty whether to one's friends, to one's school or place of employment or to any institution is surely too often a destructive, but it also is a positive force in our daily life.

First of all, the loyalty is our inner virtue, it means that the loyalt is one of our moral character. In many times, we can gain many benefits from this virtue because the loyalt could let us unite together to pursue our dream or against the enemy. This virtue also would give a power to human for obeying the command from the superior and working well. In my opinion, the loyalt means that soldier should obey the commands and their country, employees should try their best to do the work which is planed by the company, the athletes should be loyal to their team and win the game, and your friends should help you all the time. I think that the loyalty is very important to our daily life, it's positive force often help us to get out of dilemma. For example, because the loyalt of soldiers in the North Army and the faith of freedom, the North army won the Civil War, liberated such more black men, prevented the US to splite to pieces, and spread the faith of freedom to the whole United State. Moreover, because people are loyal to the law, it is why our society and life could still in order and steadily. Furthermore, because our friends are loyal to us, we can feel secure when we have to face some troubles. Thus, the loyalt is vey important in our life, it has been benefited us more.

Whereas, as I see, sometimes the loyalt could lead or influce some bad results. I think that if people just show their loyalt to someone or groups, it would cause some terrible things. When we have to do something which is provided by group or person, we need to consider this action or plan is correct or not. This correct I means that the plan or action shouldn't harm to society or people, if we just show our loyalty and didn't consider the influence or results of those plan or action, it is highly possible that harm to our civilizaion like bringing war to human beings. In this case, I have to quote the Germans in the 1930s as example to explain my ideas. In the 1930s, the Germans were loyal to the government, they believed that all the actions which is provied by the government is right. So that their loyalty had been used by the Hilter, he use the loyalty of Germans to control and determine their behaviors, then in order to reach his goal he let them to war with the whole world, and at last, as we know, he failed, but because his cracy idea, many people dead, many nations have been ruined, even the Germany also became into ash. From this example, I want to show that ssometimes if humans show their loyalt without consideration, it would make some suffer.

Thus, even though the loyalty is a virtue, people need to show their loyalty in a right way. According to I mentioned above, we need to consider prudently about the influence and results of our loyalty. As the saying is that every thing have two side, when we enjoy the benefits from our loyalty we couldn't ignore the disadvantages which were also brought by the loyalty.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-5-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 AW活动特殊奖 AW小组活动奖 Cancer巨蟹座 GRE梦想之帆 GRE斩浪之魂 GRE守护之星

发表于 2009-8-6 07:47:48 |只看该作者
给某只总是在非正常时间活动的。。。咳咳。。。。来顶一下,今天有时间就来拜读,某人已经大师级别了嘎,不错不过43mins599个词儿,心水一下,HIA HIA
Believe your believes, that's it.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-7 00:05:32 |只看该作者
题目:ISSUE212 - "If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it is justifiable."
字数:561          用时:00:39:04          日期:2009/8/7 0:05:21

Well, with our society developing rapidly and hugely, there are more and more ways than before which can be used by us for reach our own goals. Therefore, there is a debate on we should take any means we have to attain our goal if we think it is worthy or not. From my perspective, I partly agree this point because I think that sometimes it is surely that we need to take any means to reach a real worthy goal, but in other hand, we should take right means to reach it.

First of all, the real worthy goal is that its object will make us live well, improve our civilization or keep the society in order. People will get much more benefits from those goals. Like thousands years ago, for surviving, our ancestors made tools to help them fighting with the environment, animals and other disadvantages. Our civilization have been improved through the proceeding, at the end, humans became dominator of the earth. Survival is a worthy goal, it is worthy for us to use right means to attain it. Moreover, keep the society in order is also a worthy goals, people will enjoy live and gain other benefits from a stable society. So that governments create legal system to steady the society and also found some department to help keeping the society in order like police system, the CIA and so on.

However, it is subjectively that a goal is worthy or not. As far as I concerned, values of a goal should depend on its results and influences because the resutls and influences is objective. Dominating the world is Hitler's goal, for reaching his own goal, he commanded his army to war with the whole Europe and even the world. During the war, he killed many people like jews, communist and others. It is ture that this goal is worthy to him, but this goal is base on war and many dead men. In other words, this goal block our civilization and make humans fall into sad and painful. How lucky Hitler was failed at last, and peace return. In sum, I think that if a goal would bring us benefits and improve our civilization at least not harm to our world, it could be worthy and deserved to attain in right means.

Furthermore, take right means to attain the goal is also very important to us. It is means that I disagree that we could take any means to attain the goal. First, it is possible that a goal is worthy but some methods which are taken to attain it would harm our society and people's life. That is why take a right way to attain a goal is very significant. For example, someone want make more money to let his family live well, if he robbed a bank for money and kill people, it would harm the society steady and even his family. As I see, the right way to make our family live well is that try our best to work hard, so that we can not only attain our goals but also bring benefits to the society.

From I mentioned above, I have to say that people should  make a distinction between worthy and unworthy goals. And if we want to attain a goal, we need to choose a right to reach it.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-7 00:59:14 |只看该作者
题目:ISSUE120 - "So much is new and complex today that looking back for an understanding of the past provides little guidance for living in the present."
字数:621          用时:00:43:41          日期:2009/8/7 0:58:45

Well, with the technology and science developing rapidly and hugely, our society have been changed. So much is new and complex nowadays, so that someone claim that we gain little guidance for living in the present from the past. From my perspective, I partly agree with this point because I think that even if our society and life become new and complex today, civilization still have relationship between the past, looking back for an understanding of the past could let us gain much more benefits.

First of all, our society and civilization have been changed by the technology and science. Through the technology and science, we have gain many knowledge from some areas which were called unknown area before. We use those technology to improve our living quality and make us live conveniently and easily. Thank to the Information Revolution, today we can easily to access to the Internet to do almost every thing. No matter how far, we can use ICQ or MSN to communcating with our friends by face to face. No matter how busy, we can shopping and buy everything through the Ebay or Newegg. No matter how difficult, we can find a program to deal with our problems. Because of those new technology applied, our life style has been changed, in another hand, it also make our society complex, like even though we can easily and conveniently communicate with others through the Internet, whereas it weaken  our social ability. It means that we should place more emphasis on how to communicate with a person in a real word. Moreover, we can buy anything we want through e-shopping, however, it causes that we need to spend more and more time to compare goods between all kinds of e-shopping websites and the real world. Therefore, our society is becoming more and more complex and different from the past.

Whereas, as far as I am concerned, looking back for an understanding of the past still has relationship with our present. In my opinion, the essential of humans or society could not be changed by the development of the technology. Studying history could predict some problems and guide us how to deal with those problems. In short, although so much is new and complex today, humans could still be guided through the past. For example, Hitler dominated the Germany just through a loopholes of the constitutions, as we know that because Hitler want to control the world, he launched the World War II and made million people dead in the war. When we study this part of history, it tells us how important that we should make our constitutions well and prevent the autocracy. Moreover, from Bill Gates, the richest of the world and the chairman of the Microsoft Company, we know that we need to try our best to catch every chance to attain our own goal. And weather forecast also depend on the data of the past. We can predict weather or disaster through the data. From those examples, I have to say that no matter how new and complex today, the past also could guide us and help to improve our life.

Thus, it is truly that our society and civilization become much more new and complex, but looking back for an understanding of the past also provides guidance for living in the present. We couldn't ignore the history just because we are new and different than before. Anyhow, the essentail of society, civilization and humans could not be changed by the development, we still need survival, friends and so on, society still need in order and harmony, civilization still want to be improved. In sum, looking back would benenfit us more, we should place emphasis on it.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-7 22:30:34 |只看该作者
题目:ISSUE153 - "Students should bring a certain skepticism to whatever they study. They should question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively."
字数:563          用时:00:42:24          日期:2009/8/7 22:27:29

Well, with the technology developing rapidly and hugely, our society has been changed. So much new and complex knowledge we have to learn today. Therefore, someone claim that students should question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively. In other words, students should have a certain skepticism. From my perspective, I agree this point, but we should know why students need skepticism to whatever they study.

First of all, with our scientists and researchers explore the unknow fields, much knowledge should be recognized in a new way. Some conceptions have been proved to be wrong in this era. And new technologies also provide new conceptions, skills, phenomenon and so on to our society. For example, if your teacher told you that letters is a best way to communicate with others, would you believe it? As we know that, nowadays we can conveniently access to the Internet and use some chat software to contact with others easily. Admittedly we also use letters, but there are much more new and better ways for us to communicating like E-mail. In this sight, we will find out that the old knowledge may not fit to the contemporary society. As I see, we should question the knowledge which is learned by us, and accept new conceptions.

Moreover, as far as I am concerned, skepticism will give us a way to find out the truth. No matter what you have been told, I think that the skepticism will help you to filter the lie. Why the skepticism can help us to know the truth? In my opinion, when we are taught, the knowledge or facts are accepted by us passively. That means, we recognize that the knoledge or facts are ture because someone told us it is true. We  don't know whether the knowledge or facts are really true or not. If we had a certain skepticism, we would use other tools like the Internet or Library to prove those knowledge or facts right or wrong. It is the reason why we need skepticism. For example, in the Middle Age, the church control the education and the nation, they told us that the Earth is center of the cosmos. Most people never questioned this point. However, thank to the Galileo, his skepticism let he take in action to prove that the Earth is not center of the cosmos. As we know that humans at last found out that Galileo is true and learn much new knowledge like the solar system and galaxy. Thus, we need skepticism, it will guide us to find the truth.

Finally, I consider that the skepticism is a power to impel our civilization to be improved. We are taught much more information nowadays, if we didn't have skepticism, we would be lose in the Information Eruption. When we question those information from TV, Internet, newspaper and etc, we will place more time on what we are interesting, and find out the truth like whether the council cheat us or not. In short, skepticism will help us to recognize the real problems in our society and find solutions in order to improve our society.

In sum, because the development of our society, old knowledge system may not be fit to the contemporary life. So that skepticism is very significant for us to find the truth or close to the real problems of our society.

题目:ARGUMENT173 - The following is a memorandum issued by the publisher of a newsmagazine, Newsbeat, in the country of Dinn.

"Our poorest-selling magazine issues over the past three years were those that featured international news stories on their front covers. Over the same period, competing news-magazines have significantly decreased the number of cover stories that they devote to international news. Moreover, the cost of maintaining our foreign bureaus to report on international news is increasing. Therefore, we should decrease our emphasis on international news and refrain from displaying such stories on our magazine covers."
字数:432          用时:00:27:01          日期:2009/8/7 22:27:29

Well, grounding on those evidences which were provided by the author in the argument, the author claims that in order to increase the number of selling, the Newsbeat should decrease their emphasis on international news and refrain from displaying such stories on their magazine covers. It seems like those evidences could support the conclusion, but I didn't think so.

First of all, as far as I am concerned, the author fails to consider that other alternatives would cause the magazine sold poor. As the author provide, the poorest-selling magazine issues over the past three years were those that featured international news stories on their front covers. But the author didn't provide any information about market or society in those years. Perhaps the demands of magazine were declined because people could get news from the Internet cause that decrease of the magazine. Also some economic crisis would also lead the selling poor. So that the author just consider that people didn't like international news over the three years is groundless.

Moreover, I think the competing news-magazines have significantly decreased the number of cover stories that they devote to international news couldn't support the conclusion. In this evidence, the author didn't provide the selling of the competing news-magazines was increased or decreased in those years.  I can assume that after the cometing news-magazines decreased the number of cover stories of international news, the selling was significantly declined. Even though the selling was increasing, however, as I mentioned above, the author didn't rule out other possibilities to cause the increase of selling. Thus, just provide competing news-magazines have decreased their cover of international stories could not let me convince.

In the end, as I see, the evidence of the foreign bureaus of the Newsbeat is increasing support little to the conclusion. In my opinion, the function of foreign bureaus is that report the international news timely. Without those foreign bureaus, the Newsbeat could also get the international news from other ways.  Thus, I didn't agree that set foreign bureaus to repor tmeans that the Newsbeat place much more emphasis on the international news.

To sum up, those evidences are full of logical fallacies, I can't convince the conclusion which is provided by the author. In order to support the conclusion, the author should rule out other factors which are possible cause the poor selling of the magazine which is coverd by international news.  At last, the author should show us some detail information about the competing news-magazines to tell us after they decreased the cover stories of international news, the selling was increasing or not.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-5-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 AW活动特殊奖 AW小组活动奖 Cancer巨蟹座 GRE梦想之帆 GRE斩浪之魂 GRE守护之星

发表于 2009-8-7 22:36:15 |只看该作者
爬来BS某只强烈刺激家家的。。哼!!! 坏蛋。。。=皿=
Believe your believes, that's it.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-8 00:41:20 |只看该作者
题目:ISSUE51 - "Education will be truly effective only when it is specifically designed to meet the individual needs and interests of each student."
字数:598          用时:00:39:04          日期:2009/8/8 0:41:11

Well, with our society developing rapidly and hugely, education become more and more important to humans. Someone claim that education should be designed specifically to meet the individual needs and interests. As far as I am concerned, I partly agree with this point, it is truly that education will be more effective when it is designed specifically to us, however, sometimes, we also need standard education.

First of all, I have to say that why education is so significant to our life and what is the meaning of the education. From my perspective, our society is developing, we need to learn new knowledge and skill to let us fit to the demand of the society. In other words, we can gain skills, abilities, knowledge from education, and those could make us live in the contemporary society. And for children, which are our future, education is also very important. Because they can not only gain knowledge, skills, abilities and so on, but also recognize the society and the world. In other hand, the education could influence and determine the children's conception of life, value and world. Therefore, education act as a very important role, it not only let adults more suit to the society, but also train the next generation.

Then, why I agree that it would be truly effective when education is specifically designed to meet the individual needs and interests of each student. In my opinion, different people have different needs and interests. Like programmers need ability of math, computer science and so on. When the education is specifically designd to programmers, it would lead that programmers would place more times and resources on the knowledge which are taught. In this sight, education system would supply lots of high quality programmers to the society and then impel our civilization to improve. Moreover, for adults, specific education also would be more effective than standard education. The purpose of adult education is that spent less time and gain more benefits. Most adults go to school only in night or weekends, if they are taught in a standard education way, it might cost much time and let them feel tired, especially how rapidly is pace of our daily life. Thus, specific education would be truly effective in our present time.

Admittedly, specific education will be more efficient, whereas, we also need standard education. In my opinion, standard education is very important to our society also. As the saying goes by "Rome wasn't built in a day", people need to have basic knowledge when they want to pursue high level knowledge. Standard education is a way for us to get the common sense and basic morality. Especially for next generation, when they don't have a conception to our society and world, how can we teach them in a specific way? Even though adults need more specific education, when they didn't any basic skills or abilities, how can they gain any benefits from the specific education? As I mentioned above, if the programmers didn't know what is the computer and programs, how could they learn programing or computer science? So that, we couldn't ignore the standard education, it is also very significant to our society.

To sum up, education is a way for us to gain knowledge, abilities and skills, also we can recognize the society or world through it. Specific education would be more efficient than standard education when it is designed to meet the individual needs and interests, however, we also need standard education to give us common sense and basic knowledge, skills and abilities. Both them are very important.

使用道具 举报

RE: 0910G[Splendid Sun]终极冲刺 BY CMGS [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
0910G[Splendid Sun]终极冲刺 BY CMGS