2006-12-19
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-19 22:00:34 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览

第十八次作业:

writing(dormitory):

Students at universities often have a choice of places to live. They may choose to live in university dormitories, or they may choose to live in apartments in the community. Compare the advantages of living in university housing with the advantages of living in an apartment in the community. Where would you prefer to live? Give reasons for your preference.

21:17-21:43 (340)

With the improving of the economic level of students, they could choose their living places more than ever before. Some people may like living in apartments in the community, because of its quiet environment and convenient facilities. But, for me, I prefer to live in university dormitories, since I think dormitory experience is really a part of living in campus.

In the first place of analysis, in my opinion, living in dormitories could promote my ability of communication. It is probably that we have our own room at home, but in university dormitories, we have to share a room with other students, who could have different habits from us. And the time goes on, we may have some troubles or even quarrels with them, however, we will gain ability of communication with other people when we have solved these problems. Consequently, I think the most important element of living in dorms is the improving of communication.

What is more, living together is helpful to our study. All too often we will live with the students who have the same major as us. In this case, we can exchange our mind about the knowledge obtained in the class in our spare time, while if we live alone outside campus, we could waste this time to watch TV or play games. Moreover, when we have some questions about study, we can turn to our roommates for help immediately. With the help of roommates, we could have a great progress in academic area.

In addition, it is cheaper to live in university dormitories, sharing a room with others and also sharing the expenses. On the contrary, living in apartments in the community is much more expensive, because you have to afford the whole expense and the rent is usually higher than that in university.

To sum up, although living in community could have some advantages, I opine that the advantages of living in dormitories outweigh the ones of living outside. Therefore, I choose to live in university dormitories due to its benefit mentioned above.

speaking(XXX号机经):

1. Describe a popular activity in your country.

Firework in the midnight of Chinese new year

The most important festival in china   all the people are happy with family

Firework is the essential of the festival. Bring good luck to people who see it in the next year. so people never forget it and do have a good time with firework.

2. Which one do you think is better to help doing research, internet or academic books?

Internet
Information more
Fast changed   new
free
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-9
精华
帖子