2005-3-12
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-7-21 21:53:09 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Issue87  
------题目------
In any field of inquiry, the beginner is more likely than the expert to make important discoveries.
------正文------
The author asserts that the beginner has more possibility to make important discoveries than the expert in any field of inquiry. However, in my point of view, the author get too broad assertion, I considered that in some kinds of fields, it is really the beginner make more important discoveries than the expert, while others are not the case. We should analyze the assertion case by case.

In the first place, in some fields of academic, it is true that the beginner achieve the significant discoveries. Since the beginner can not be restricted by the traditional fixed style of thoughts, and they dare to challenge the authoritative theories; they are easier to make the significant progress. It is an apt example to illustrate that Einstein published four most famous papers in his twenties. And once he said,” when I first touch the theory of classic mechanic, I feel that there are some problems in it." It is his ability of critical thinking and not to agree the authority blindly, that finally results that he put forward to the famous theory of relativity and lead the people to explore the world of microcosmic and high-speed.

In the second place, however, there are many other fields which the experts make greater contributions than the beginner. Many fields such as law, accounting, are conventional, they needn't people's ability of creativity and innovation. What they need is to require people work followed the regulation strictly. In these fields, experience is more important, only after individuals are familiar with their jobs, they can truly understand the essential of their work, and finally make improvements for their jobs.  For example, the committee of the legislation are the elder people rather than the youth.Since to make a law needs consider thoroughly, balance the interest of all aspects, and it can not be changed every often. Generally speaking, the expert has the abilities superior to the youth.

Last but not least, common sense often tell us that the beginner has the ability of creativity while the expert have more experiences, while I think that the ability of creativity and experience are not mutually exclusive. When a person both has experiences and the ability of innovation, it is the best time for him to make the important discoveries. On another words, when the beginner makes an important discovery in his field, then he became the expert in this field. And as we all know, if an expert hasn't made important discoveries in his field, then how the person became the expert in his field? Whether individual is an expert or not depends on how many contributions he made to the field, rather than how long he engaged in the research. So it is meaningless to discuss about what kind of person will be more likely to make great discoveries.

To sum up, due to the reason discussed above, which correlate with each other to generate an integrate whole and thus become more convincing than any single reason, I may comfortable to say that different fields of inquiry have different conditions, and whether the beginners or experts can make more contributions also depends on individuals. It is too broad to make a assertion like the author.

[ Last edited by staralways on 2005-7-21 at 22:23 ]
8.1 上海财大
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: issue87 期待互拍 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华