寄托币
注册时间
2009-8-11
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-12-16 15:17:38 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Many universities require students to learn basic science courses such as mathematics or physics. Some students complain about it while I believe this policy is well sustained by the following two reasons and it is really beneficial.
First of all, as I have observed, there are always some individuals who do not know clearly about what is their fond. Attending basic science classes offers them chances to gain overviews about campus courses and to find out which subject interests them most or which subjects they do not like. For instance, one of my roommates found that it was hard for him to catch up with others on science subjects such as advanced mathematics, so he finally made up his mind to transfer to English Literature Major. Now he is satisfied with her current major and really good at her lessons.
In addition, taking different kinds of basic science classes helps students know more about other subjects which hence can combine the knowledge with their own field of the study. Taking mathematics as an example, one who works on Education may use mathematical way to analyze the efficiency of a new teaching method. This would make the result more trustworthy. Besides, the study on some science subjects makes a person more rational which would certainly do good to his or her study and work. This is just the kind of talent the society needs these days.
However, on the other hand, I think students should not spend too much time on classes which are not part of the field of the study in respect that everyone's energy and time is limited. Students should pay more attention to their own lessons instead of those which have no relationship to their majors. In this case, I think universities can make some of basic science classes optional. So students could decide which class to take on the basis of their own condition.
All in all, I believe it is generally a good thing for students to be required by university to take basic science classes in the long run due to the above aspects I have mentioned.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-12
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2009-12-16 15:26:17 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-2
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2009-12-17 08:44:18 |只看该作者
1# shiwei83

Many universities require students to learn basic science courses such as mathematics or physics. Some students complain about it while I believe this policy is well sustained by the following two reasons and it is really beneficial.

First of all, as I have observed, there are always some individuals who do not know clearly about what is their fond. Attending basic science classes offers them chances to gain overviews about campus courses and to find out which subject interests them most or not. For instance, one of my roommates found that it was hard for him to catch up with others on science subjects such as advanced mathematics, so he finally made up his mind to transfer to English Literature Major. Now he is satisfied with her current major and really good at her lessons. / {#

E* i4 _" j- o: L

In addition, taking different kinds of basic science classes helps students know more about other subjects which hence can combine the knowledge with their own field of the study. Taking mathematics as an example, one who works on Education may use mathematical way to analyze the efficiency of a new teaching method. This would make the result more trustworthy. Besides, the study on some science subjects makes a person more rational which would certainly do good to his or her study and work. This is just a kind of talent the society needs nowadays.& t4 h: ?; V$ L1 p, v" a+ t1 h
However, on the other hand, I think students should not spend too much time on classes which are not part of the field of the study in respect that everyone's energy and time is limited. Students should pay more attention to their own lessons instead of those which have no relationship to their majors. In this case, I think universities can make some of basic science classes optional. So students could decide which class to take on the basis of their own condition.

All in all, I believe it is generally a good thing for students to be required by university(我觉得这里有点饶口写的,2个不定式连用)
to take basic science classes in the long run due to(这个词后面一般是跟不好的结果和原因的)
the above aspects I have mentioned.

我觉得同学这个文章比之前写的好,主要是表达清晰了.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-9-24
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2009-12-17 14:42:43 |只看该作者
Many universities require students to learn basic science courses such as mathematics or physics. Some students complain about it while I believe this policy is well sustained by the following two reasons and it is really beneficial. (改成:I believe this policy is really beneficial .My point can be well sustained by the following two reasons
First of all, as I have observed, there are always some individuals who do not know clearly about what is their fond(what they are fond of). Attending basic science classes offers them chances to gain overviews about campus courses and to find out which subject(s) interests(attract) them most or which ones they do not like. For instance, one of my roommates found that it was (so) hard for him to catch up with others on science subjects such as advanced mathematics, that he finally made up his mind to transfer (his major) to English Literature. Now he is satisfied with her(his) current major and really good at her(his) lessons.
In addition, taking different kinds of basic science classes(上段用了classes,避免重复,用courses) helps students know more about other subjects which hence can combine the knowledge with their own field of the study.(这里的which不知道指代的是什么。每段开头句可以不用这么长,可以把which后面的句子变成单独一句It will contribute much to their own field of study) Taking mathematics as an example, one who works on Education may use mathematical way to analyze the efficiency of a new teaching method. This would make the result more trustworthy. Besides, the study on some science subjects makes a person more rational which would certainly do good to his or her study and work. This is just the kind of talent the society needs these days(required in modern society).
All in all, I believe it is generally a good thing(beneficial) for students to be required by university to(有点多余,题干中没提及) take basic science classes in the long run due to the(删去the) above aspects I have mentioned.

第三段最好不要写。托福作文要一边倒,观点要不就都反对,要不就都赞成。不要又有赞成又有反对

使用道具 举报

RE: 12.16独立写作 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子