寄托币
注册时间
2005-3-19
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-8-14 12:08:09 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
48"The study of history places too much emphasis on individuals. The most significant events and trends in history were made possible not by the famous few, but by groups of people whose identities have long been forgotten."
提纲:
1提出观点,个人比无名氏对历史贡献大;
2肯定一部分无名氏地贡献(西方文化地起源);
3陈述自己观点,从发明家,科学工作者,政治领导人以及建筑方面展开;
4总结

The speaker claims that it is the groups of people whose identities have long been forgotten that made the most significant events and trends in history rather than the famous few. While to some extent, I really agree with the speaker, but in my own opinion the study of history should place much emphasis on individuals who have made the most contribution to the society.

Admittedly, some study of the history and art should focus on the groups people whose name and face have been forgotten to us. Take, for example, most western experts who study the culture of Middle Age pay more attention to the groups of people not the individual. Most experts own the origination of the western culture to a group of nuns, those women fled into Benedictine monasteries when the Roman Empire declined. They came to the monasteries with their wisdom and some skills on art works .During this period they made many artifacts and manuscripts which become the most valuable witness of the origination about western culture. I concede that, it is really those people whose identities have long been forgotten made the significant contribution to the study of history, but this a little fact can not persuade me to agree with the speaker's assertion.

As the time passed by, there were too many inventions and discoveries in the long river of history. Most the inventions and discoveries have become the impetus of the development of the history which bring more and more convenient to our life. When we refer to those inventions, how can we forgotten those famous inventors who took the convenience and new theory  to us. Such as Newton, Edison, Einstein, Curie, etc., at this time too many names come into my mind. I t is those individuals whose name and face are remembered spur the development of the society. We can imagine that, without those contributions of them, maybe we still live in suffering. Consequently, when we study the history we can not neglect these individuals.

Not only those inventors should be studied, but the leaders of several events should be remembered. When it comes to the political realm, too many luminaries rush into my mind. Such as the former American presidents Lincoln, Washington, Roosevelt, and some other political leaders such as Martin Luther King, Gandhi and so on. All of them have made significant contribution to the people, of course their name has grown in our minds. Maybe some people will say that, only those leaders can not change the history. While I really agree with that, but without those leaders, how the soldiers and people can fight for their own right? So in my opinion, those leaders are important to the history, they are the motivation of the history. While along with those significant leaders in the history, the attractive architecture is also the reason for my opinion. Such as the Great Wall, the Pyramid, the Taj even the White House are all the witness. Maybe some people will claim that, all the architecture is made by the workers whose names have been forgotten for ages, while I agree with this point, but what I want to say is that these famous architectures are the notions of the emperors, whose name and face are in our minds.

To sum up, it is really that, in some fields, we should pay attention to the unknown groups who have contributions to the society, but at the same time, the individuals are also the leaders or the makers of history.

狠狠拍哦!!:@
欢迎互拍!留链接:handshake

[ Last edited by staralways on 2005-8-14 at 18:05 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-3-22
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2005-8-14 13:52:20 |只看该作者
The speaker claims that it is the groups of people whose identities have long been forgotten that made the most significant events and trends in history rather than the famous few. While to some extent, I really 这个词的感情色彩不好,好象感觉你倾向与这种观点.agree with the speaker, but in my own opinion the study of history should place much emphasis on individuals who have made the most contribution to the society. 这个和the famous few不是同义变换,也有可能是group of people做了最大的贡献

Admittedly, some study of the history and art should focus on the groups people whose name and face have been forgotten to us去掉. Take, for example, 有这种表达吗most western experts who study the culture of Middle Age pay more attention to the groups of people not the individual. Most experts own 不太确切吧the origination of the western culture to a group of nuns, those women who fled into Benedictine monasteries when the Roman Empire        declined. They came to the monasteries with their wisdom and some skills on art works .During this period they made many artifacts用次不当 and manuscripts which become the most valuable witness of the origination about western culture. I concede that, it is really those people whose identities have long been forgotten made the significant contribution to the study of history, but this a little fact can not persuade me to agree with the speaker's assertion.完全多余 这段总体来说不错,不过注意用词的准确性.
TS呢?As the time passed by, there were too many inventions and discoveries in the long river of history. Most the inventions and discoveries have become the impetus of the development of the history which bring more and more convenient to our life. 好象去掉之后感觉好点When we refer to those inventions, how can we forgotten those famous inventors who took the convenience and new theory  to us. Such as Newton, Edison, Einstein, Curie, 他们应该都是discoveries吧...不是inventions,你上面说的是those inventionsetc., at this time too many names come into my mind画蛇添足,有.ect了... I t is those individuals whose name and face 复数are remembered spur这个词是否准确我也不是太清楚,不过很少听到过这种说法,而且前面少了that the development of the society. We can imagine that, without those contributions of them, maybe we still live in suffering. Consequently, when we study the history we can not neglect these individuals.没有说清楚为什么这些individual很重要

Not only those inventors should be studied, but the leaders of several events should be remembered. When it comes to the political realm, too many luminaries rush into my mind. 这2句话应该接成一句话,否则后面的这个就只是一个短语结构不是个句子.Such as the former American presidents Lincoln, Washington, Roosevelt是不是应该把他们的全名都写出来呢,作为对牛人的尊敬, and some other political leaders such as Martin Luther King, Gandhi and so on. All of them have made significant contribution to the people,应该稍微说一下他们的贡献 of course their name has grown in our minds. Maybe some people will say that, only those leaders can not change the history. While I really agree with that, but without those leaders, how the soldiers and people can fight for their own right? own right是什么意思?语法错误So in my opinion, those leaders are important to the history, 连词they are the motivation of the history. While along with 好短语those significant leaders in the history, the attractive architecture is also the reason for my opinion. Such as the Great Wall, the Pyramid, the Taj even the White House are all the witness. Maybe some people will claim that, all the architecture is made by the workers whose names have been forgotten for ages, while I agree with this point, but what I want to say is that these famous architectures are the notions of the emperors, whose name and face are in our minds. 最后这一点有点问题吧,这些伟大的建筑体现更多的是劳动人民的力量和智慧
To sum up, it is really that, in some fields, we should pay attention to the unknown groups who have contributions to the society, but at the same time, the individuals are also the leaders or the makers of history.

总体说来还可以,不过语言多少有点问题,建议你看一点美国或英国非常正统的written english,可以去看一下Times,还有论证总感觉在要说到点子上的地方给停了,太浅了..希望以后多注意.

看一下俺的48:
https://bbs.gter.net/viewthread.php?tid=315677
愿有情人终成眷属

使用道具 举报

RE: issue48 熊熊小组作业 限时没成功 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华