寄托币
注册时间
2008-7-20
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-6-7 15:42:37 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
62、what do you appreciate most in a friend?

I appreciate all three qualities in my friends. It is important to me that friends are intelligent, because I credit my meaningful study and thoughts to the intellectually conversation with them. In the other side, a friend with a good sense of humour can entertain me and understands how to ease my sorrow by making me laugh in difficult times. However, only the reliable friends, by virtue of their dependability and loyalty, are guaranteed to stand by me in difficult times, and thus reliability is the most important characteristic I look for in a friend.

In five years in my college study, I have lots of friends in there. Various types of characteristics labeled them. Among them, one of friends is very smart. Her intelligence is acknowledged by everyone including our teachers. We are certain that she will be successful person in the future. Unfortunately, she is so selfish person who never care about others' feelings and doesn't like to help others with her great quality that less students favored to be her friends. And this factor led to her lost several opportunities of job interviews. Even though I took her as my friend, more often than not I consoled her rather than she helped me.

Another special on among our friends is a person with good sense of humour. He is good at making us laugh and joking about everything around us such as eating food, washing clothes, study lessons. However, he usually makes jokes without considering about what the situation is. In the classroom, he likes to show his humour not respect of teachers. I think it's not appropriate to do this. Further more, he seldom cares about his friends' subtle change of feelings so that most of times his jokes made others angry.

Never mind he or she has intelligence and sense of humours, more important is that he or she is reliable as a friend. For example, I have a friend without high-intelligence and good sense of humour yet very considerate about my feelings. He stand by me in difficult times and help me when I face difficulties. And we overcome our common frustration and fears by encouraging each other. It is worth mentioning that the friend with reliability is only friend you can trust and struggle with for future.
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: assignment 2 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子