寄托币
注册时间
2008-11-26
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-8-14 10:36:09 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
People are tending to spend more time working than being with family these days. Some people are very supportive of this choice, but others are not. As far as I am concerned, I agree with the opinion that people should spend more time working.

As we all know, the living cost is ever increasing and gives no hints to stop rising. Money then can become a very crucial tool to better survive from the society. Two important things are considered as modern necessities, which are private cars and houses. But for most of our Chinese, it is not at all exaggerated to say that the house and the car will at least take our 10 years` salary away. That`s, I think in some sense, explains why we are more willing to work longer hours. And there is another concern that worries the masses, that is the ever increasing price of gasoline. We are becoming more and more unable to feed the cars if the situation continues. Only by working more time can we meet the growing pressures in the society.

The second reason that bothers me a lot is that sometimes this could be a result of overpopulation. As a large population country as China it is, people treasure their jobs more than you can imagine. For any job opening, it is often filled with hundreds of applicants. To gain a job is not an easy task. So, they do whatever they can to cater to their bosses to hold the job. Working longer hours to do more work is thought to be the safest method to meet the goal.

But to say work more time does not mean that being with one`s family is not important. Here, I just want to criticize those workaholics. At the first place, working too much time often does potential damage to our health. If we cannot maintain a healthy body, what does it count to make money? And also, life is not monochromatic, it should be rich. The life of workaholics is meaningless, since their lives are filled with work assignments and sleeps. We are not paid to work the live but to enjoy the live. And finally, workaholics might not be efficient because of the job pressures. But being with one`s family is very helpful to relive this pressure as we can talk about our problems freely with them and feel relaxed with kids running around us. By the increasing efficiency, they might not need that much time to finish the work.

In sum, I am very supportive of the notion that people should work more hours than being with family. But to qualify my point, I am not in favor of the behaviors of those workaholics.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-30
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2009-8-14 11:09:25 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 arimidy 于 2009-8-14 11:11 编辑

People are tending to spend more time working than being with family these days. Some people are very supportive of this choice, but others are not. As far as I am concerned, I agree with the opinion that people should spend more time working.

As we all know, the living cost is ever increasing and gives no hints to stop rising. Money then can become a very crucial tool to better survive from the society. Two important things are considered as modern necessities, which are private cars and houses. But for most of our Chinese, it is not at all exaggerated to say that the house and the car will at least take our 10 years` salary away. That’s, I think in some sense, explains why we are more willing to work longer hours. And there is another concern that worries the masses, that is the ever increasing price of gasoline. We are becoming more and more unable to feed the cars if the situation continues. Only by working more time can we meet the growing pressures in the society.

The second reason that bothers me a lot is that sometimes this could be a result of overpopulation. As a large population country as China it is, people treasure their jobs more than you can imagine. For any job opening, it is often filled with hundreds of applicants. To gain a job is not an easy task. So, they do whatever they can to cater to their bosses to hold the job. Working longer hours to do more work is thought to be the safest method to meet the goal.

But to say work more time does not mean that being with one`s family is not important. Here, I just want to criticize those workaholics. At the first place, working too much time often does potential damage to our health. If we cannot maintain a healthy body, what does it count to make money? And also, life is not monochromatic, it should be rich. The life of workaholics is meaningless, since their lives are filled with work assignments and sleeps. We are not paid to work the live(小错误哦) but to enjoy the live. And finally, workaholics might not be efficient because of the job pressures. But being with one’s family is very helpful to relive this pressure as we can talk about our problems freely with them and feel relaxed with kids running around us. By the increasing efficiency, they might not need that much time to finish the work.
7 Q  C0 F8 }$ O4 m: j& X4 g# P
In sum, I am very supportive of the notion that people should work more hours than being with family. But to qualify my point, I am not in favor of the behaviors of those workaholics.

思路很好,没有什么语病。值得学习~~本人能力有限啊~
9.12 上帝保佑~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-11-9
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2009-8-15 01:02:21 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 sharklion_hua 于 2009-8-15 01:04 编辑

【MoMA 评starter 123】

People are tending to spend more time working than being with family these days. (第一句让人困惑,因为这不是事实,如果people前加some限定的话,还可以说得上有道理)Some people are very supportive of(应该用to) this choice, but others are not. As far as I am concerned, I agree with the opinion that people should spend more time working.

As we all know, the living cost is ever increasing and gives no hints to stop rising. Money then can become a very crucial tool to better survive from(用In?) the society. Two important things are considered as modern necessities, which are private cars and houses. But for most of our Chinese, it is not at all exaggerated to say that the house and the car will at least take our 10 years` salary away. That`s, I think in some sense, explains why we are more willing to work longer hours. And there is another concern that worries the masses, that is the ever increasing price of gasoline. We are becoming more and more unable to feed the cars if the situation continues. Only by working more time can we meet the growing pressures in the society.(这一段的第一句是说生活消费越来越高,单手后面用了很多篇幅说汽车和房子,应该说车和房确实很贵,但是“贵”和“越来越贵”是两码事。我觉得你应该再refine一下这一段到底要说什么。)

The second reason that bothers (reason 和bother不搭配)me a lot is that sometimes this(this指什么最好提一下) could be a result of overpopulation. As a large population country as China it is, people treasure their jobs more than you can imagine. For any job opening, it is often filled with hundreds of applicants. To gain a job is not an easy task. So, they do whatever they can to cater to their bosses to hold the job. Working longer hours to do more work is thought to be the safest method to meet the goal.

But to say work more time does not mean that being with one`s family is not important. Here, I just want to criticize those workaholics. At the first place, working too much time often does potential damage to our health. If we cannot maintain a healthy body, what does it count to make money? And also, life is not monochromatic, it should be rich. The life of workaholics is meaningless, since their lives are filled with work assignments and sleeps. We are not paid to work the live but to enjoy the live. And finally, workaholics might not be efficient because of the job pressures. But being with one`s family is very helpful to relive this pressure as we can talk about our problems freely with them and feel relaxed with kids running around us. By the increasing efficiency, they might not need that much time to finish the work.(和一段感觉逻辑感不强。你先说工作太多对身体不好,然后说生命应该更加丰富,这都对,但是接下去当我以为你要强调其他价值的时候,你却说和家人相处之后,工作会更有效率,又把重心落回到工作了。)

使用道具 举报

RE: 8月13日, 作文小组作业 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
8月13日, 作文小组作业