寄托币
注册时间
2009-6-28
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-8-22 00:13:17 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Although I do not think a personal statement of something like INSIDE is necessary or, truly related to the review and exercising of GRE paper test, I agree that such a essay full of courage and excitement can be contributive to all us fighting for our dreams.

I have determination, yes I have. My BF is in the United States. It is him that has led me onto the path as a GTER and helped me to dig out my potential and dream I even have never realized before. Originally I love him so I choose GTER however when I touched GRE at the first time, a thing that I think will never has anything to do with my trivial life, I truly feel, my life will be changed, a lot. It indeed performs as a key to open a unbelievably larger window for me to know a much broader world and to know how many things I can do out of my previous imagination. Now, everything is changed. For the first time my heart is filled with unstoppable energy to open my eyes no matter how late it is in the night. I love such desire of attempts. Actually I cannot admit that some academic desire serves as the major motivation of me to choose GTER but besides that, I believe in that such feel, which happens in my life for the first time, will bring me much better success, and, much better life.

I don’t know the exact amount of strength I can put in the rest 70 days. In my mind there’s a story, a good story, fromThe Lord of The Ring. When Frodo finally arrived at the Mountain Doom, he said there was nothing between him and Entrance of Salron. And I believe it is such focusing that brought Frodo to the final success. At present stage I know during the rest time there will be nothing between me, and the final test date of GRE, only except …… vocabulary, practice books, or something else, you know. I have beaten the vocabulary and specialized words for mathematical part, and via the help from my BF who is a math PhD, I asymptotically find how to really decompose the GRE quant problems … but, I think I must pay more attention and energy into the practice of synonyms which is a really challenge of logical reasoning for me, a traditional Chinese student. I have prepared a lot for synonyms theory, methodology and practices and I know the best weapon to beat it is to practice as much as possible but, I think, if I can join this team and obtain effective interaction and communication with you all especially in studying how the problems are designed and work, I could benefit very much and progress much better. Moreover, I do think my experience of practicing and progressing on a basis not too excellent could be worthy to us all by providing contribution to a diversity of review approaches in various background. The ability of one man is limited but, it is own common mission to beat the GRE paper test that encourages us to cooperate, to share and to progress together. I hope by solving the most difficult problem --- information exchange, co-monitoring and sharing ideas, we could solve synonyms as well as other parts of the Verbal and Quant tests successfully as a team together.

I want to beat it, and the reason why I use the word “bit” here is that I know this is not a test, not a regular competition, but is a war with ETS, and all test takers worldwide. Simultaneously I want to stand with you all, for the first time where I feel I am running with others all to the same target. It is really a warm, encouraging and fascinating feeling. I can contribute anything which I think will not be bias to the orientation of test preparation. I need a team, you need a teammate. I need a encouraging family and you need a energetic teammate. That’s us, a perfect GTER team.

AW备考心得

ISSUE部分:

• 深度决定分数,知识功底决定考场发挥。我觉得后人应该花更大的力气在如何解构题目,了解题目真实的背景,挖掘题目内在的深度,我指的是知识深度,比如民主政治制度,契约社会的来源,美式个性化教育的真正诉求和总体利弊等等,可以让大家从真正既包含美国native thinking又包含我们作为国际学生更加广阔的全球化视野的角度来分析题目。我一直认为ISSUE主考深度和思维能力,次之才是语言。很多人都以为ISSUE考语言,ARGU考逻辑。但个人鄙见是以中国学生的背景,ARGU内容基本雷同,差异反而在于如何表述;而ISSUE就算很考察语言能力,但在有限的时间和精力成本的约束下想要在一篇600多字的文章里从这里提高很不划算,所以ISSUE对于中国学生来说反而比较靠文章的内涵来出彩,毕竟比ARGU长的ISSUE有着更丰富的内涵。
  • 语言应该强调逻辑性,应具备很强的前后连接的层次感。当然,第一,第二,主要,次之等简单的连接词必不可少,但句子内在涵义和所用词汇同样应当具备逻辑性。比如要写的分句间是递进关系还是并列(互斥)关系,是有主次之分还是没有,重要性有无顺序,这样的逻辑关系应当同用词的轻重,句子的长短,句子结构的复杂性的大小统一协调起来,做到不仅字面上有逻辑性,其内在逻辑性也能够得到体现,否则一篇干巴巴的一二三总分总的文章是不堪卒读的。

ARGUMENT部分:

ARGUMENT的逻辑错误已经被研究得很清楚了,找逻辑错误的技巧大家只须反复练习即可。但ARGUMENT的内容贫乏的同时其实暗藏对语言丰富性的考察——如何把你的批判与驳斥写得有理有据,气势不凡,但典雅大方不露锋芒呢?大家应该多利用被动句,强调句型,小比喻,倒装等很多有用的丰富的语法结构去丰富自己的批判推理内容,更重要的是举出丰富多彩的反例!这是让我们的推理更有文采的好办法。比如你希望说虽然鸡比很多鱼个头小,但我们不能认为鸡蛋就比鱼蛋都小。那么一个很好的反例是:那么床上的那根长头发总能告诉我们妻子的个头显然比丈夫大多了!多么荒谬!是的,我们显然不能苟同那鸡鱼之间的推理。大家可以让我们的ARGUMENT不至于那么乏味而平淡,因为内容大家几乎都是差不多的,语言才是ARGUMENT的差异化因素所在。

顺便说说,AW我没有参加任何一个小组噢~~天地良心跟我作证,呵呵~~~

在这最后的将近2个月里,我大概计划每天花8-9小时在笔试的复习上,全力以赴!!!!为了我们大家共同的梦想!!!!

FIGHTING!!!!!!

希望斑竹能够允许我加入这个团队!!!!
已有 1 人评分寄托币 收起 理由
grekokomo + 10 谢谢分享

总评分: 寄托币 + 10   查看全部投币

回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-4-28
精华
帖子

GRE斩浪之魂 GRE梦想之帆

沙发
发表于 2009-8-22 01:07:43 |只看该作者
英语的,支持楼主~~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-3-22
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2009-8-22 02:07:57 |只看该作者
楼主写的不错 看看
8.28 GRE
10.4 笔试
10. 18 TOFEL 征战友

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-12-22
精华
帖子

Aries白羊座 荣誉版主 AW活动特殊奖 GRE守护之星

地板
发表于 2009-8-22 17:42:22 |只看该作者
谢谢,等草木回来就加你~
I think no matter where you are, and whatever you are doing, there are always different challenges and tough tests from life whether you accept them or not. one of the most powerful cognitive thinking ability I learned from psychology is always be aware of the 'problems' -- distinct those catastrophic thoughts from the self from external events, and never let your negative emotions be part of the problems. after all, life is tough in someway we may not like it, we stilll need to be tougher in order to go over them. soo.. add oil and pray for a little.
life is short and people are great because of their dreams.
                                                                                                                ------From 某贴某版友回复,thx

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-1-2
精华
帖子

Sagittarius射手座 AW活动特殊奖 AW作文修改奖 IBT Elegance 挑战ETS奖章 US Advisor US Assistant 荣誉版主

发表于 2009-8-25 21:06:53 |只看该作者
you're in

welcome

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-1-5
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 AW小组活动奖 GRE梦想之帆 GRE斩浪之魂 枫华正茂 一帆枫顺

发表于 2009-8-26 23:13:37 |只看该作者