注册时间
2016-5-19
精华
帖子

CS offerl勋章 美国offer勋章

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2017-10-23 00:55:35 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
托福独立写作中某个经常提到的意象需要在每次提到都把含义表达完整吗?为了避免表达重复,可不可以在某几次提到时省略一些含义?
贴出我的一篇作文举例

题目:
Some students prefer to have their final grades determined by numerous small assignments,
whereas others prefer to have their final grades determined by only a few large assignments.
Which do you prefer and why?

完整作文如下:
Talking of whether choosing many small assignments or a few large assignments to determine the final grade, I think the problem really depends. Numerous small assignments could check the students' understanding of the details, yet a small number of large assignments will help the students know how to apply the knowledges. The features of one subject determine which method is better.

First of all, students will focus on the details of the subject if they have lots of small assignments. This form of assignments can easily cover the all aspects of the subjects, which make the students not ignore any parts of the subjects, even though the sections are so theoretical. That can help students understand the deep things of the subject. Specifically, professors often choose to give a lot of small assignments in the calculous course. As we know, the parts of the subject have complex connections. Therefore, the students have to understand deeply in every parts in order to learn it well. This goal can be easily achieved by this kind of assignment issue.

Conversely, students can understand the applications of the subject with this assignment issue. We know that large assignments usually tell the students use the main parts of the subject to complete some useful tasks. That can give the precious experiences to the students, which really help them familiar with the projects or research when they meet them in the future. For example, when I was in the university, I had a subject of Software Engineering, which is about the developing process of a software. And we really learned a lot by just completig an assignment of developing a software. That made me begin to join some commercial projects in the campus later. Thus students can really benefit a lot from this assignment form.

In my opinion, this problem really depends on the features of the subjects. On the one hand, for the theoretical subjects, many small assignments can cover the different aspects and help the students make connections, which is very significant for students to learn them. Yet the applications seem to be less important. On the other hand, students must know how to apply the technology of subjects which are used directly in the real life. A important purpose of education is serving the society. Consequently, being competent to apply the knowledges of this kind of subjects is very useful. So choosing specific methods for different subjects is meaningful.

To sum up, numerous small assignments focus on the details instead of applications, while a few large assignments help students know how to apply and ignore some details. I prefer to use the former for the fundamental subjects and use the latter for the applied subjects.

重点关注第二段首句即可,First of all, students will focus on the details of the subject if they have lots of small assignments. 这句话中if they have lots of small assignments就是我所说的缺失了一部分含义,要表达完整意思是“如果将许多小型任务作为最终成绩评判”,而我这里只表达了“如果有许多小型任务”。
我原本的想法是因为这句话仅仅是全文中的一句,是有前因后果的,读者了解这个问题的背景,可以用部分含义代替全部含义。
后来经别人提醒才发现这个问题,尤其是作为分论点句,的确有偏题嫌疑。
究竟能否用部分含义代替全部含义呢?任何情况都不可以?关键句(分论点)不可以?还是完全可以?
希望得到解答。
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2015-8-21
精华
帖子

19周年勋章 满2年在任版主 香港offer勋章 寄托16周年纪念勋章 寄托兑换店纪念章 2015 US-applicant 寄托22周年

沙发
发表于 2017-10-23 07:26:30 |只看该作者
个人观点: 观点明确下, 可以用部分含义代替全部含义.

如果你在首段已经明确表示支持某一类, 那么之后的分论点是可以用部分代替全部, 这时候写全反而是累赘.

但是你是中立的态度, 最后就全写突出什么情况下哪类好用, 如compared with..

P.S. 托福写作最好不要采用中立的态度, 一边倒是最好的, 中立不太讨好
已有 2 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
咆哮2333 + 1 666666
charlienzw + 1 赞赞赞!

总评分: 寄托币 + 1  声望 + 1   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

RE: 托福独立写作中可以用部分含义替代全部含义吗 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经