2008-8-24
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2018-6-6 17:24:20 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 liaolily 于 2018-6-6 17:27 编辑

题目:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to use printed material such as books and articles to do research than it is to use the internet. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

##############
例子:
Word Count: 494
Typing Time: 15m
##############

Research is an important part of education. In order to learn, we must be able to find relevant and useful information. Some people believe that the Internet provides the best resource for research. Others disagree. In my view, no source is more powerful for good research than printed materials such as books and articles for two key reasons.

First, printed material is much more trustworthy. No source is perfect, but books, magazines, and other similar articles are reviewed by an editor before they are published. Anyone can publish a website at any time for any reason and this person or group can easily hide their identity. However, publishers have to be careful because their reputation is connected with the book. For example, when I was in university I had to do research for a presentation in my physical chemistry class. This presentation demanded a lot of research. My partner and I had to explain a difficult concept to our class. We spent a lot of time online researching. We found a lot of websites that just copied one another and explained things unclearly and sometimes inaccurately. Many people were just trying to develop sites to sell something through this research. The best material online came from sites that copied printed material. Rather than use those sites, we went to the library and found the original articles and many more. Universities we could trust backed the research. This experience taught me that printed material still represents the best source for serious research.

Second, there is much more information available through printed material. We hear every day that there's so much data online, but this amount still doesn't compare to the amount found in books, articles, and magazines. For example, the library that our university had was 11 stories tall. It was filled with books. When I needed to learn about an author for an English assignment, I could find dozens of books on the subject. Each book had hundreds of pages. These books were written by author's who dedicated every page to exactly the author I was researching. If I looked for similar information online, the only data I found was a few pages on the author's history or some of his books. It did not compare to the thoousands of pages of material available to me in the library. I remember there was a chapter dedicated to a short story he wrote. I couldn't even find a copy of this short story online because he wasn't a popular author. As you can see, the Internet cannot compare to printed material in terms of information available.

In sum, books, magazines, and articles are the best sources of research. Not only is the information in these items more trustworthy, but they also offer an enormous amount of information compared to the Internet. Though the Internet may become the best source of research in the future, today, we should all draw most of our research from printed material.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-8-24
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2018-6-6 19:12:41 |只看该作者
TOEFL185个作文题目中有哪些是明确的AGREE_DISAGREE类型:
1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best
teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
2. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has
destroyed communication among friends and family. Use specific reasons
and examples to support your opinion.
3.“When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do
with success.” Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.
4.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should
give the same amount of money to their students’ sports activities as they
give to their university libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support
your opinion.
5.Some people believe that university students should be required to attend
classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students.
Which point of view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to
explain your answer.
6.It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do
you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your
essay.
7.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
8.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television, newspapers, magazines, and other media pay too much attention to the personal
lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities. Use specific reasons and details to explain your opinion.
9.Businesses should hire employees for their entire lives. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
10.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable
than watching the same event on television. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
11.Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good? Use specific reasons
and examples to support your answer.
12.Learning about the past has no value for those of us living in the present. Do
you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your
answer.
13.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more information and learn it more
quickly. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
14.The expression “Never, never give up” means to keep trying and never stop
working for your goals. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use
specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
15.Some people think that human needs for farmland, housing, and industry are
more important than saving land for endangered animals. Do you agree or
disagree with this point of view? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and
examples to support your answer.
16.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Face-to-face communication is better than other types of communication, such as letters, email,
or telephone calls. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
17.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The most important
aspect of a job is the money a person earns. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
18.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One should never
judge a person by external appearances. Use specific reasons and details to
support your answer.
19.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person should never
make an important decision alone. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
20.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Businesses should do
anything they can to make a profit. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.
21.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Games are as important for adults as they are for children. Use specific reasons and examples to
support your answer.
22.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents or other adult
relatives should make important decisions for their older (15- to 18-year-old)
teenage children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
23.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Most experiences in
our lives that seemed difficult at the time become valuable lessons for the
future. Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.
24.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Classmates are a more
important influence than parents on a child’s success in school. Use specific
reasons and examples to support your answer.
25.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Grades (marks)
encourage students to learn. Use specific reasons and examples to support
your opinion.
26.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The best way to travel
is in a group led by a tour guide. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
27.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should begin
learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. Use specific reasons
and examples to support your position.
28.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Boys and girls should
attend separate schools. Use specific reasons and examples to support your
answer.
29.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made
the world a better place to live. Use specific reasons and examples to support
your opinion.
30.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Advertising can tell
you a lot about a country. Use specific reasons and examples to support your
answer.
31.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern technology is
creating a single world culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support
your opinion
32.Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to so much information creates problems. Which
view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your
opinion.
33.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Telephones and email
have made communication between people less personal. Use specific reasons
and examples to support your opinion.
34.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Dancing plays an
important role in a culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support
your answer.
35.Some people think governments should spend as much money as possible
exploring outer space (for example, traveling to the moon and to other planets). Other people disagree and think governments should spend this money
on our basic needs on Earth. Which of these two opinions do you agree with?
Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
36.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should be
paid according to how much their students learn. Give specific reasons and
examples to support your opinion.
37.Some people think that governments should spend as much money as possible on developing or buying computer technology. Other people disagree
and think that this money should be spent on more basic needs. Which one of
these opinions do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to support
your answer.
38.Schools should ask students to evaluate their teachers. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
39.Some people believe that a college or university education should be available
to all students. Others believe that higher education should be available only
to good students. Discuss these views. Which view do you agree with? Explain
why.

使用道具 举报

RE: 作文例子及分析:Agree_or_Disagree [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华