寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-18
精华
帖子
楼主
发表于 2009-11-8 16:49:07 |显示全部楼层
我来贴我的作文吧,请楼主帮我改下,谢谢啦。

Topic: Some universities require students to take classes in many subjects. Other universities require students to specialize in one subject. Which is better? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

We are increasingly concerned with education, especially university education. A fair portion of people believe that students should be required to take classes in many subjects . From my point of view, however, I advocate students should specialize in one subject. Of the countless reasons that can strengthen my viewpoint, I will like to present the most conspicuous ones here.

First of all, students do not have strength and time to learn many subjects at the same time. The depth of a certain subject is infinite while both students’ energies and time are limited. Even concentrating in a specific field, students still have to learn substantially large amount of knowledge to be qualified for graduation. Only when students just specialize in one subject, can they focus on it. Thus it ensures the students are more likely to be an expert in some subjects when they are given their degrees.

What’s more, focusing on one subject is a more efficient way of study. When learning a specific subject, students can choose subjects that they are interested in most. The consequence is that they can learn their subjects much more efficiently. For example, when I was in university, I was lucky that my school only required us to learn one subject. So I could concentrate my energy in electronics, the subject which I like the most. As a result, I graduated with high honors from my university. So it is conducive for students to learn one specialized subject, they can exert their energies and time effectively.

Admittedly, there are a couple of advantages for universities requiring students to take classes in many subjects. For one thing, students who choose many subjects can broaden their knowledge and make a solid foundation for their future further study. Another is that students can be more adaptable in their future career if they choose a variety of subjects during their university study. Some of the jobs may require students to possess interdisciplinary and comprehensive knowledge.

However, though learning a variety of subjects leads to several benefits for students, it is not feasible for most students who cannot afford their time and energies. Universities can allow students to take subjects as many as possible if their time and energies are available, but not require students to do so. It is more advisable for universities to require their students to specialize in one subject.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-18
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2009-11-9 00:10:43 |显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主的指正。不知道楼主有没写好的文章,也许可以发上来给大家学习一下。或者也许可以给大家讲讲怎么写IBT的作文。哈哈。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-18
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2009-11-14 00:01:06 |显示全部楼层
我再发一篇,请楼主帮忙改下,不过貌似前面还有好多啊,辛苦楼主啦。我11月22号考试,不知道能不能改到我这里。另外,楼主的头像很好玩,哈哈

Do you agree the only effective way to encourage energy conservation is by increasing prices of gasoline and electricity?

With the rapid growth of the population, we press hard upon on energy. The relation between population and energy is already unfavorable and will probably become even more unfavorable in the future. To avoid energy shortage, we are in dire need of saving energy. One method that can help us conserve energy is increasing prices of gasoline and electricity. It is an effective way to save energy, however, it is not the only way to promote energy conservation.

Admittedly, people tend to use less energy if the costs of gasoline and electricity are higher. As the prices of gasoline and electricity go up, people will begin to consider whether they can still afford the expenses of gasoline and electricity. A portion of people will be likely to cut down expenditures on gasoline and electricity in order not to exceed their household budgets. These people may try not to use their cars so often, or they may decrease their use of the air-conditioner. So it is useful to save energy when prices of gasoline and electricity are raised.

Though increasing prices of gasoline and electricity is an effective measure to encourage energy conservation, we still have other effective ways to reduce energy consumption.

One of the methods is that we can develop new techniques to enhance the efficiency of utilizing energy. For example, we have invented energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs which consume only a fourth of the energy that ordinary incandescent bulbs consume. This is one of those remarkable techniques that can help us save energy. If we invest more money to research these kinds of techniques, we can invent more energy-efficient appliances and devices which are conducive to decreasing energy consumption substantially.

Another method that can help us cut down energy consumption is to develop public transportation system. Too many private cars running on our roads is also a handicap to energy conservation, while using public transportation is a more effective way to save energy. According to a survey in our city, if buses in our city are increased by twenty percent which will lead to thirty percent decreasing of private cars, thus five percent of energy consumed by transportation is saved. This just one of many examples that convinces us the effectiveness in saving energy is to develop our public transportation.

With the consciousness of the potential energy crisis, it is essential for us to use energy effectively. To fulfill the purpose, a variety of measures have been taken, apart from increasing prices of gasoline and electricity, new techniques and public transportation can also assist us in conserving energy.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-18
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2009-11-14 22:19:16 |显示全部楼层
63# amingsnow

感谢楼主的指正。我也是觉得我要多看看英语文章了,“没有源头活水”实在是难以写出什么文章来的。不过看起来要等我考完试再看了。

貌似楼主太忙了,忘了贴改完的文章了。还是再谢谢楼主哈。